Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Leaving the windows open downstairs while I quickly pop to the looā€¦incase a serial killer manages to climb in, unnoticed, and hide in the spare room/utility/attic but I try not to think about the last one

Someone opening the door while I'm on a public toilet. I always give it a little push/pull to check it's locked even though I just locked it šŸ˜„
Youā€˜ve got to sit there, thighs gripping the toilet while you stretch your arms out and hold the door firmly shut all the while actually trying to have a pee šŸ˜…

Reactions: 8
After an episode of Donā€™t forget your toothbrush which was hosted by Chris Evans (years ago). They planted a hidden camera on the back of a girls toilet for a week and played some footage back to her. I thought about it every single time I sat on the loo for about 3 years after. Checking for cameras šŸ¤£

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
After an episode of Donā€™t forget your toothbrush which was hosted by Chris Evans (years ago). They planted a hidden camera on the back of a girls toilet for a week and played some footage back to her. I thought about it every single time I sat on the loo for about 3 years after. Checking for cameras šŸ¤£
Omg the episode on X Files of something coming up the toilet did the same for me for ages šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Pigeons for me. I once saw a pigeon fly over a woman's head and its feet got caught in her bun and was flapping all over the place. It was like a horror film.
Iā€™m sorry but I wouldā€™ve died laughing if I witnessed that šŸ˜‚

Wouldā€™ve been a different story tho if I was the woman. šŸ˜„

Another one for me: moths. Iā€™m terrified of them ever since one got stuck to the back of my jumper when I was about 6 or 7 and my mum locked me out of the house screaming. Traumatised!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Ughhh I canā€™t cope with touching my eyes at all! I had a contact lens lesson once and i spent 45 mins getting the lens near my eye but I just couldnā€™t do it. The spec savers lady was laughing at me so much, I just couldnā€™t do it! I had to give up
You're brave for even attempting it šŸ˜‚ I've worn glasses for over 25 years and it's bad enough having an optician look into my eyes

old age.

i suppose itā€™s irrational because itā€™s an inevitable thing that happens to all of us but the thought of being in my 80s/90s and onwards gives me the absolute fear šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Iā€™m sorry but I wouldā€™ve died laughing if I witnessed that šŸ˜‚

Wouldā€™ve been a different story tho if I was the woman. šŸ˜„

Another one for me: moths. Iā€™m terrified of them ever since one got stuck to the back of my jumper when I was about 6 or 7 and my mum locked me out of the house screaming. Traumatised!
Same as me...I can't have any windows/doors open at night time during the summer with fear that they'll come fluttering in.
I'm pretty much the same with butterflies, I just can't do unpredictable movement.

Another thing, is turbulence. Flying is not the issue. I know the plane is safe. I actually enjoy flying (in smooth conditions) I'm ok with all that...but I fear turbulence. It's unpredictable and there's something about being chucked about at 38000ft that is unnerving.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Attick doors, wherever we have lived I've always made my husband put bolts and padlocks on the outside of the door. Christ knows what lives up there šŸ˜²

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It was a childhood fear, but if I didnā€™t have the sheets pulled up quite high, ā€œthe witches would get my earsā€.

I still have ears, thankfully - so I must have been thorough with the sheet arrangement. Not sure where the idea came from, though!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It was a childhood fear, but if I didnā€™t have the sheets pulled up quite high, ā€œthe witches would get my earsā€.

I still have ears, thankfully - so I must have been thorough with the sheet arrangement. Not sure where the idea came from, though!
I used to near on suffocate myself sleeping with the blanket tightly over my head, with the smallest area to breathe out of, cos I was so scared of ghosts!.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

ā€œI still have earsā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wotsits.
Yep, I have a very real phobia of Wotsits šŸ˜±
I literally can't be near anyone eating them, anyone comes near me with them I run/hide/panic/cry.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Cotton wool. I can't bare to watch people use it, touch it, pull it apart.
Baked beans. The smell, the taste, the texture.
I.leave the room if anyone has either of these.
Oh & clowns. Freak the hell out of me.

Reactions: 4
A rat biting my arse or my coojie while I'm on the toilet.

Have seen too many stories about people finding rats in their toilet and I'm tit scared of them anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The way vines clamber and grow up walls, buildings, streetlights, anything it can get its vineage on! HA IS VINEAGE EVEN A WORD?šŸ˜‚When I see them completely encasing someones house and their window, it gives me the creeps!!!

Reactions: 6
Being suddenly screamed/shouted at - but I think that comes from childhood trauma.
Leaving windows open at night or when leaving the house
Heavy rain, wind, bad weather in general.
skin, fingers, toes, legs, arms being chopped or sliced off.
whales, sharks, anything big under water, ship wrecks, plane wrecks, submarines, etc.
Spiders or bugs crawling out from plug holes..

I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat who could sit here and list all day lol..

I wake up in the night to check my partner is still breathing, I have a fear of him dying next to me and I canā€™t save him.
He thinks itā€™s super weird that I always think about him dying.
are you me? this is exactly what I do

• Heart
Reactions: 4
house subsidence šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

someone in workā€™s house had huge issues just as i was buying mine (after taking up a huge oak tree in their garden without properly preparing) and i still find myself staring at tiny cracks in my wall or ceiling like: is this it? šŸ˜³

also any kind of water damage or leakage. again based on horror stories overheard in work, mainly from when someoneā€™s bath fell through their ceiling. and actually ceiling collapse in general.

(in short: i spend a lot of time staring at my living room ceiling šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)

• Haha