Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chilli_Heeler

Im not sure if this has been said but i really dont like depths, like when you cant see the bottom of water when on a boat or like when you see an image of beach and the sea and theres an obvious drop off, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Sibz

VIP Member
Looking out a window at night incase there's someone/something out in the dark looking back!

Reactions: 13

HowlOwl

VIP Member
It was a childhood fear, but if I didn’t have the sheets pulled up quite high, “the witches would get my ears”.

I still have ears, thankfully - so I must have been thorough with the sheet arrangement. Not sure where the idea came from, though!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Souffle

Chatty Member
It was a childhood fear, but if I didn’t have the sheets pulled up quite high, “the witches would get my ears”.

I still have ears, thankfully - so I must have been thorough with the sheet arrangement. Not sure where the idea came from, though!
“I still have ears” 😂😂😂

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Pigeons and my mums mash! I can’t go near pigeons and I get really anxious if their flying above me!

whenever my Mum says she’s making something with mash I get a sweat on and have to make sure about 20 times she’s not giving me any!!! I’m traumatised after how bad it was when I was younger 🤣

• Haha

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I can't bear sharp knives, especially if they're all metal and "clangy". We have a set at home and I can't watch if anyone is using them, I literally have to leave the kitchen, and I'll sit in the living-room, trying not to think about knife-related disasters.

My mum was always cutting herself (by accident!) when I was a kid, she was never without a huge plaster on her thumb and a blood-stained tea towel somewhere in our kitchen. Then a few years ago, my husband cut himself badly, he nicked an artery and it was a proper ambulance dash, he had to be stitched up in A&E, he was right on the threshold for a transfusion as he'd lost so much blood. Most of which was on my kitchen floor, I had to clean it all up when we got home, 8 hours later. It was all congealed, and it had splattered right up to the top of one of the kitchen cupboards 🤢.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

What's your point

VIP Member
Fish either in tanks or in rivers/sea, the thought of fish knocks me sick. Wont even go in a room with a fish tank in! Never used to be scared of them, I have had fish tanks myself but I once had a tropical tank with a red tail shark in and overnight it bloated, turned white and kind of exploded 🤮 worse thing I have ever seen.

Also like someone else has said fear of someone getting in my house through an open door/window and hiding. But that probably comes from being burgled whilst I was in bed once.

Swimming bath changing rooms. All those manky wet feet walking round in a humid environment with athletes foot and verrucas. They always smell pissy too.

Snot, cannot stand the sight of snotty nosed kids when they sniff it back 🤮

• Sick

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
I find the concept of outer space scary - I don't think I can get my head round the back idea of infinity. And it's silent too...

It gives me a weird feeling, like vertigo 🪐😳

• Heart
  • Sick

Sibz

VIP Member
Someone opening the door while I'm on a public toilet. I always give it a little push/pull to check it's locked even though I just locked it 😄

Mamacita

VIP Member
Forgetting I'm in a meeting and letting out a fart

And swans. But don't think that's irrational, they're scary af

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Flojo89

OH MY GOD I have this exact fear about my house falling down i limit my possessions so the house isn’t too heavy an get anxious when my sister brings big suitcases home! I didn’t take a bath for ages for fear of the weight of it too!! Xx
Oh wow! I have never in my life known anyone that has this. Heavy suitcases freak me out too. It’s not constant for me - luckily or I’d have been committed lol - but when I get the thought in my head I want to curl up in a ball.

I lived in a bungalow for about 3 years and they were (looking back) the most stress free years of my life.

Thank you fellow weirdo, I actually feel emotional and validated xxxxxxx

• Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I’ll be in bed at night and I’ll hang my leg out the duvet over the edge of the bed and something in my brain tells me a hand is going to grab my leg from underneath the bed. So I have to quickly put my leg back under the cover 🤣
I have this and I also have to sleep with the duvet over me otherwise I think ghosts will touch me in the night 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member

I used to near on suffocate myself sleeping with the blanket tightly over my head, with the smallest area to breathe out of, cos I was so scared of ghosts!.

• Haha
  • Heart

User name taken

VIP Member
Being tickled, I hate it, it makes me physically sick. Especially my feet, if anyone goes near them they'll get yeeted into next month.😬

• Haha

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I second the person who said mirrors. I have a fear of looking in the mirror at night/on my own, and there being someone else in the background of my reflection.