Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
-4lbs loss this week from last Friday (going by my happy scale app as I weigh everyday at the moment!) I’m so glad I have it and do weigh every day as it reminds me how far I’ve come, especially as my weight has fluctuated between 270 and 268 this week, but last Friday I was 274 so calling it a big win. Down 15lbs now anyway 😊 onto the next stone....only 6 more to go! 😬

Having some health issues at the moment which has really spurred me on to trying my best to live a healthier lifestyle and to get out walking (not just with the kids) at least 4 times a week rain or shine. Going to attempt to eat a few less fatty things this week too, even if they are in my calorie limit. Just need to get up and go! Hope everyone has a good weekend xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 16

carriebooboo

VIP Member
Weigh day for me:

Week 8: -2 lbs
Total: 1 stone 7 lbs

Hit my goal for February a little early (7 lbs). Clothes are definitely looser at this point! Off to get my workout in before brekkie.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
So we are 26 days into the new years and I am still doing my health kick, have to admit some days are better than others but it is always in my mind and I am really proud that I haven't given up yet. I could be better but I am definitely better than what I was.

Barely any crisps which I used to be awful for. I would say I have probably had total of about 5 bags in the past 2/3 weeks. My fizzy drink intake has been seriously cut also.. I was having one every day in work..! Now I have green tea and fill a 750ml flask with diluted juice or I bring in sparkling water. I also bought a new blender which comes with the bottles attached ready to take into work, today's had water, frozen strawberries and 2 scoops of protein powder. Really enjoyed it. I have cut out snacking in work too, so I bring a yogurt in or some water biscuits and a small amount of low fat butter. We drink once a week and i have went from drinking wine or beer to vodka, soda water and lime. We have cut down on our takeaways too and will only have one maybe on a Sunday, it depends how hungover my partner is! I have the app to track what I am eating, and have set myself a certain amount of calories to have each day. I seem to get bang on target or just under every day bar a few where I have been just slightly over. I just need to not get hung up on the scales.

I feel great, I feel positive and I feel really determined. Normally by now I would have given up. It isn't life changing changes that I have made but its a start x

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
It’s mine and my boyfriends anniversary on Tuesday but because we live apart and both with others we can’t form a support bubble and are only able to see each other on walks. I just got a delivery which he ordered for me of a huge hamper full of lots of fresh fruits and a few muffins. He said he didn’t want to ruin my hard work too much so went for a fresh fruit hamper as opposed to the usual chocolate and sweets😭 so sweet and thoughtful. The fruit looks so good as well!

• Heart
-1lb loss this week so that’s a total of 16lbs for January 😊 Only 42lbs to go to get to pre 2 x baby weight 🤣 and 92lbs away from my real lowest weight target 😅 seems so far off but I know I can do it this time. Really happy with that anyway! Going to have a day of not calorie counting today as it does your head in a bit after a while, think I might do this at the end of every month - won’t go mad though just won’t be strict with myself. Everyone’s done so so well this month, let’s smash it next month people 💪🏼

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
I'm having a whoosh at the moment, 3lbs gone since Sunday morning! Just 13lbs more to lose until I hit my goal of 9st 7lbs. The Renpho app has knocked another year off my metabolic age too, only a year over my actual age now :D

• Heart

VomitCulture

Didn’t eat back any of my excercise calories this week and I’m down 5lbs, much better than last week! 🥳

• Heart

101d

VIP Member
Didn’t weigh last week as it was my TOTM but I’ve lost another 2lb taking my total to half a stone since 11th Jan! Thrilled 😍

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Morning all 😴 happy Monday.
I’m down 2.25 lb this morning, taking my total loss to 9.8. I’m happy with that, being ‘on’ at the moment and feeling bloated, I was worried I wouldn’t have lost at all.

I’m more happy that according to my scale, my % of body fat looks to have dropped a few percent and I look to be creeping towards the overweight bmi figure (obese when I first started 😞).

I am trying to persuade myself out of bed for a step workout.. don’t start work until 9 so maybe I can get one done 🤔😂

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
-0.5lbs on the scales for me this morning. Absolutely fine with it since I only weighed in on Monday. Very glad to have changed my weigh in day though! A loss is still a loss🤣

• Heart

mamanoodle

Hi all new to the thread, so happy I found it though as I am staring again today in trying to lose weight (although I have been saying this everyday for the past year).
I'm shaking as I write this as I am so ashamed of my weight but i'm going to take a deep breath and be brave........I have weighed myself today and I am 16st 4lbs. I feel and look awful and I am struggling to keep up with my very energetic 4 year old son. I have a pretty terrible relationship with food (always have done), and I am a binge-eater, it used to be once or twice a week- but now it is everyday and I can't handle feeling like this anymore. I am a single mum and am terrified that If I carry on like this I won't be around for much longer and my son will be left on his own, (it keeps me up at night).
So i'm starting again today and hoping that you lovely bunch will be able to give me any advice that you have.

• Heart
Feeling weirdly emotional reading this thread morning 😂 everyone has absolutely smashed this month, so proud of us all ❤ Couldn’t be more grateful for you all and everyone’s continuous cheering each other on/tips/tricks just everything I honestly think it’s contributed so much to not giving up yet as definitely usually would have done by now!

For me, the hardest month is out the way and I’m 15lbs down with a weigh in still to go tomorrow. Roll on February 💪🏼 Enjoy your takeaways tonight guys 😍

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again; I love this thread. No judgement and you can always find someone who knows what you’ve been through as well. I don’t particularly want to join a SW/WW type thing as they seem a bit culty to me (and I’ve seen many a TikTok about them that make them seem a bit toxic) but I’m really understanding the value of a “pack” or group doing the same thing 🙂

• Heart

fluffyglitterbug

VIP Member
I've had an up and down week as we lost our dog on Tuesday evening, but I have managed to stick to my eating plan and I LOVE Nutracheck for that, so thank you whoever recommended it (sorry I can't remember!).

I'm definitely making better decisions with eating and I have been doing Couch to 5k / HIITs which I think are keeping me focused.

I'm down 4lb since the beginning of Jan which I'm happy with!

My goal is May, but I'm looking at it in 2 week chunks so I don't get overwhelmed and give up.

• Heart
  • Sad
This week I’ve decided to count out every single gram of food to work out calories (just been estimating the past few weeks). Wow what a shock 😂 who knew that a tbsp of olive oil had 123 cals in it 😅 lesson learnt!

Edit: fish cakes are super low cal if anyone needs ideas for something that is really yummy. The Tesco finest sweet chilli cod + sweet potato ones hit the spot tonight 👌🏼 202kcals.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Evening.

I went through the stats on my food diary since I started and then back calculated what I may have lost if it's accurate, I'm accurate, ceteris paribus, shares may go up and down, etc, etc. IF all went as recorded, I may have lost five pounds/2kg. But I won't know until the random happenstance that I get near a pair of scales comes around again.

However, I blew the calorie budget today. Mr D's tendency to be an utter knob when he's dreaming has been keeping me awake/waking me up for three nights, culminating in last night's push-poke-kick-leg draped over-snatch the quilt-shoutathon, where I finally decamped to the living room rug. And after an entire 2.27 hours' sleep, he came downstairs to shake me awake to tell me that he was going to get up for work in another hour. I ate everything I could - pastry, bread, everything - so that I'd gone over my TDEE by 12.30pm.

Tonight, I intended to go to bed really early so I could get some sleep. He followed me in there because he's 'tired, too'. And he fell asleep immediately, whilst I was too wired to do that.

I'm back downstairs whilst the REM-addled twat is making sounds like ARRRUUUOOOOOODDHHGHGNGNNNNGGGGGGIOQPORUIOQUHADKK.

I swear this is how old people end up sleeping in separate rooms. Or houses. At the moment, separate counties appeals.

• Heart
  • Sad

Boogs

VIP Member
I haven’t had a great week this week. I cannot be trusted around multipacks of crisps it appears. I did do over 22k steps yesterday which hopefully offset some of my binging. I only lost 1.4lbs this week but that has taken me just over a stones loss in 6 weeks which I’m happy with. I may do some of those Lesley Sansome walking videos. I know someone who lost 4 stone last year doing them. Although I can recommend dancing around like a twat to 70s tunes to get an aerobic workout and the steps in 😔

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Figured I had best weigh in this morning and face up to the 3 takeaways I have had this week (I’ve been overly emotional and have a takeaway addicted husband ok 😂).

Somehow am 1.2 pounds down on last week? I am going to put it down to anxiety burning calories or something 😬

Brings me to 3.5 pounds down in 12 days which I am actually quite chuffed with! Going to get back on the calorie counting today and try and have a better day 😇

• Heart