Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pinched the post by @NAIVENELLIE to get us a new thread title.

Let’s carry on with the weight loss and healthy living chat. All welcome - if you need support or advice, want recipe or workout recommendations this is the place for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks fir the replies on the first thread. Think I'll ditch the cereal and go for a more filling toast and egg or bean combo. Defo need some more veg to bulk meals out. Managed a 7000 step walk today with a further 10000 at work tonight, so that all helps!!

Reactions: 13
Diet life - I’m now in the state where I’m seeing things 😂 or perhaps it’s wishful thinking that the two blue and red jigsaw boxes on my kitchen side were in fact Domino’s pizza boxes 🤦🏻‍♀️

I thought I was cracking up but then my other half said the exact same thing to me.

I better have a loss tomorrow morning after all this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Last week was a write off! Dominos on Tuesday, 2 nights of no sleep, and lots of eating my feelings 🙈

all planned for next week though and have a food shop arriving first thing 👍

Reactions: 9
Following on from what people were discussing in the old thread about losing weight and still not feeling good enough even if you lose the weight, because you were already at your "goal" weight and felt fat...

This is something I struggle with. I went through the whole huge body transformation thing 10 years ago and even though there are lots of lovely photos of me from that time, the truth is I was desperately unhappy with my body still. When I lost weight I found a whole new list of things to hate that was far bigger than just "I'm massive". Suddenly everything was to be analysed. It was exhausting. I have gained all the weight back in the past 10 years and now I'm back to square one of being miserable because I'm fat. I have to stop telling myself "you were miserable when you were slim" too because that just isn't really true. I'm remembering all the bad bits. I was happier, I was less self conscious, I had times where I felt like "I look good and I know I look good"... and that was all with a tummy and loose skin and stretch marks. I could never say any of that now. Losing weight just isn't as easy when you get older, I always heard people say that, and it's not because of any scientific thing I don't think... I just think when you're older you feel like you haven't got another diet left in you and it's all too much hard work and effort but I need to try to get back to where I was.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As a 6ft woman, feeling “big” has been a problem for me since I was about 13 and started to grow way taller than my friends. No matter how skinny I was, I was always always the “big” friend. I’ve 100% carried that through to a lot of my adult life. I look back at pictures when I know I was really unhappy with myself and there is just nothing of me but I felt so massive. The past few years I’ve learnt to accept my height and all its inconveniences (bloody buying jeans!) so I’m hoping that this journey to weight loss is much happier and healthier. I 1000% understand the not being happy even though you’re not big though. Life is such a mental game.

BUT, on a positive note it’s weigh day and I’m down -3lbs! Taking my total to half a stone in the 2 weeks I’ve been doing. Made up with that. Hoping for another 3lbs this week!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hey. New to the thread, I’ve been calorie counting for a week and lost 7lbs. Does anyone have any tips?
I lost 4 stone and few years ago with slimming world but I have grown to think that actually it teaches quite toxic lessons about weight loss.

• Wow
Weighing day today, I am full of dread 😂 I keep record with Libra as per the suggestion of others on tbe thread. I've been on my period though, and definitely wasn't as careful as I could have been woth my mood and MH hanging by a thread. Hopefully this week will be a good reset.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Weighing day today, I am full of dread 😂 I keep record with Libra as per the suggestion of others on tbe thread. I've been on my period though, and definitely wasn't as careful as I could have been woth my mood and MH hanging by a thread. Hopefully this week will be a good reset.

your period will make you heavier for obvious reasons and also with water retention so keep that in mind ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just weighed in, lost another three pounds taking my total to 7.5 in my first two weeks 🎉 so relieved 😅

• Heart
I seem to have lost 5 pounds since the start of January, so this weighing day didn't go too terribly 😂 I might need a new scale though, this one has given me 3 different results on 4 different spots of the bathroom. Definitely doesn't feel reliable.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
As a 6ft woman, feeling “big” has been a problem for me since I was about 13 and started to grow way taller than my friends. No matter how skinny I was, I was always always the “big” friend. I’ve 100% carried that through to a lot of my adult life. I look back at pictures when I know I was really unhappy with myself and there is just nothing of me but I felt so massive. The past few years I’ve learnt to accept my height and all its inconveniences (bloody buying jeans!) so I’m hoping that this journey to weight loss is much happier and healthier. I 1000% understand the not being happy even though you’re not big though. Life is such a mental game.

BUT, on a positive note it’s weigh day and I’m down -3lbs! Taking my total to half a stone in the 2 weeks I’ve been doing. Made up with that. Hoping for another 3lbs this week!
6ft 1 woman here too! I feel exactly the same, I will always be the “massive” friend no matter how big I am - I think this definitely is what contributes to the “I feel tit even though I’m slim” thing. I’ve literally not been slim since like before sixth form and that was a looooong time ago so it’ll be interesting to see how different I look when I reach my goal weight. Ps. Yes buying jeans is a nightmare 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Weight day tomorrow and I am irrationally scared.

Also - my first aim is to lose 1 stone in 7 weeks. Would you say that's realistic?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Weight day tomorrow and I am irrationally scared.

Also - my first aim is to lose 1 stone in 7 weeks. Would you say that's realistic?
I think the average is to expect about 2lbs a week but those who are at higher weights tend to lose bigger amounts at the start compared to, say, someone who is slim but feel like losing a few more pounds. I'd say yours is a healthy target though.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just weighed in! Pretty happy with 1.4kg/3lb loss. I was aiming for 5lb in January, so that's me met it.

I'm 6lb heavier than my previous highest weight so that's my first goal. Hopefully by mid-February.

Going to aim for another 3lb total this month. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
After 5 days CC and 2 days eating whatever (but making better choices!) I’ve lost 4 pounds! I can’t quite believe it!

Ready for another week 😁 This time using NutraCheck!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
After lurking for a while finally joining as the scales aren't moving! I haven't been doing it right in any way so my own fault but I think I need this to keep me accountable!

Been doing lots of exercise the past 2 weeks, counting what I eat during the day but then never really counting what I eat for dinner. (and more take aways than I should have maybe...) I find it the most difficult one as my partner is tall and skinny and can eat whatever he wants.. anyone has some tips for this so we don't need to cook 2 totally separate meals?

I have about 1,5 stone to lose, maybe more. Like some others above mentioned, I have been 1,5 stone lighter before and wasn't completely happy back then but that was 10 years or so ago, so that's just my first goal weight and I guess I'll take it from there!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
After lurking for a while finally joining as the scales aren't moving! I haven't been doing it right in any way so my own fault but I think I need this to keep me accountable!

Been doing lots of exercise the past 2 weeks, counting what I eat during the day but then never really counting what I eat for dinner. (and more take aways than I should have maybe...) I find it the most difficult one as my partner is tall and skinny and can eat whatever he wants.. anyone has some tips for this so we don't need to cook 2 totally separate meals?

I have about 1,5 stone to lose, maybe more. Like some others above mentioned, I have been 1,5 stone lighter before and wasn't completely happy back then but that was 10 years or so ago, so that's just my first goal weight and I guess I'll take it from there!
I’d say control portion sizes. Have whatever your partner is having but smaller. Maybe bulk yours out with veg instead??
Good luck 🤩

Reactions: 4
Just been doing my meal plan for the week and my dinners are so dirty haha - I've got a beyond burger tonight, linda mccartney southern fried 'chicken' wrap tomorrow and a falafel and houmous wrap for weds, then probably repeating the burger on thursday. I'm still having huel for lunch and because I'm not drinking in the week I have so many calories left for dinner that I can basically have what I want.
As you may be able to tell I'm obsessed with wraps at the moment - I've been buying the warburtons high protein gluten free ones (in the free from section of supermarkets) - theyre a bit smaller than normal wraps but 126 cals each with 4.5g fibre and 7g protein per one and I find them really filling.

Down a total of 5.5lbs now since the new year which I'm happy with

• Heart
So almost three weeks in and the scales haven’t moved! I’ve stopped drinking (was drinking every day!), been exercising (HIIT/Couch to 5k) and CC pretty strictly and drinking allllll the water.

I do feel loads better and much less bloated so will continue; just quite disheartening to not see any movement!

I will measure today (waist, thighs, tummy etc) in case I am making progress by building muscle and burning fat 😬

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.