Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clairer86

VIP Member
Thanks to reading here, its finally persuaded me to get back on Nutracheck and start adding all my food, and for me to do exercise again!! (I was already signed up and did use it but i gave up about 2 weeks before christmas!)

Anyway, im a little bit fucked up, not gonna lie. I have a range of mental health issues which unfortunately includes my relationship with food, my body dysmorphia and general issues regarding having a certain image/dress size in my head. I have always been slim, but i was sectioned in June and diagnosed with BPD, and prescribed Mirtazapine and escipilitram. So from June to Sep i managed to put on almost 2stone. And although i felt disgusting and fat, and i was upset because it was the biggest ive ever been... at 10 stone (yes i know, hardly massive! but it felt like the end of the world for me). I think the fact i wasnt poisoning myself with class A drugs made me put on weight (which im thankful im no longer taking class A drugs). I honestly dont know what i weigh now because its not good for me to weigh myself as it impacts massively on my mental health. But i seem to have this idea that unless im 8 stone or 8 and a half stone then im automatically 'massive'. And honestly, i was heartbroken that my size 8 were too tight. But thats my own distorted view, and my really fucked issues coming out.

So back to now, im trying to be healthy, im not weighing myself but going by how my clothes fit. Im trying not to get obsessed with it, but im just trying to be mindful. And Nutracheck is perfect for me because it just helpes me to become more aware of what im eating, plus it gives me something to focus on.

I dont think i will ever be someone who loses 7ib in a week. My medication is a bastard in the sense it makes people feel so hungry, so ive had to deal with that. And my gp basically told me to man up and accept the weight gain even though it is something that has a massive impact on my mental health!

I love reading what everyone is eating, plus all the weight you are all losing... The only thing i can contribute is im obsessed with sugar snap peas and i eat packets and packets of them as snacks. I eat them like the way i would eat crisps or biscuits. Also i bulk out my meals with plenty of veg or salad. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Hayles1990

Hey. New to the thread, I’ve been calorie counting for a week and lost 7lbs. Does anyone have any tips?
I lost 4 stone and few years ago with slimming world but I have grown to think that actually it teaches quite toxic lessons about weight loss.

• Wow

bolimepipi

VIP Member
from the last couple of posts i conclude we don't need to calorie count, we need to get rid of the husbands and boyfriends, it's all their fault 😂

• Haha

MissD

2.5 off for me this week, I’m thrilled!

Well done to everyone else who has had losses and hang in there those who are disappointed. Stick with it and it will come!

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Found out my Dad’s step-dad passed away yesterday. He was a right arse to my Dad (physically and emotionally) but the only “dad” he ever had in his life. My brother and I never knew him and he was never mentioned round our house. My dad vowed that he was everything he would never be to us. This morning he text us (before we knew about his step dad) asking us as adults how we think our upbringing was. It was so out of the blue but it was because he was so adamant to give us everything he never had.

Sorry for the majorly off topic post but I feel very weird today. I never knew my dad’s step-dad but my heart breaks that my Dad felt the need to confirm that we had an amazing childhood and could ever doubt that he is the most incredible man.

Feeling allllll the emotions today and I’d normally 1000% turn to food😩 I think this is the first major challenged I’ve faced since I started my weightloss. Today will take some serious willpower if I’m to eat bloody fruit when I’m an emotional mess😩🤣

• Heart
  • Sad

lemonlime

VIP Member
Decided to shift my focus for a bit from weight loss to other things. The more I go at this, the more I realise I have not fixed or really attended my issues with food. Some of this stuff goes deep and way back and it will take some work. I am informing myself on my ways of thinking and what that reflects. I'm hoping that once I have a healthier relationship with how I eat, making decisions that serve me will come easier as well. I won't be weighing myself for a short while but I'll be cheering you guys on!

• Heart
Thought I’d weigh myself to see what the damage was for the past couple of weeks - thankfully haven’t fallen crazy off the wagon this week and it deffo shows as I’ve lost a 1lb which I’m chuffed with because it means I’ve passed 20lbs loss 🎉

It’s really motivated me to get back to it to see if I can go sub 250lbs for my birthday in April which is another 12lbs off. If I don’t get there at least I’ll have given it a good go - find breaking things down into milestones is so much easier than looking at the big number...especially if you’ve got loads to lose like I do! Anyway, starting to really see a difference in my body and clothes fitting. Luckily I’m tall so feel slimmer already which is great, can’t wait to see what I’ll look like in another stones time 😊

• Heart

NMK

Weighing in a day early, as I'm having tonight off, too:

Week 1: -5
Week 2: -2
Week 3: -3
Week 4: -2
Week 5: -2

Hit my 1 stone target for January. Big thanks to everyone on this thread for the group motivation. It's really helped!

I know it's going to slow right down so my goal for February is 7 lbs and to up my exercise - not for weight loss but for feeling good. :) Good luck all and if you're taking tonight off, ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT!
Well done I’ve been following your amazing progress since the beginning so happy for you 🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Hey ladies! Me again, I’ve also weighed in early as desperate for the payday take away tonight too! 🤤 I can’t believe I’ve made it to the end of the month which was never happened before, it’s feels surreal at the beginning of January I felt so unfit and generally unhealthy it was ruining my relationships with people but especially my daughter I never want her to hear the words ‘fat’ ect that’s all I felt, something needed to change!
With the help of the YouTube dance work outs and the walking ones too.
I have lost a stone, I can’t quite believe my eyes I had a big cry this morning because I just remember how I feel every summer and it’s awful! I tried on some of my summer clothes and cried but this time with happiness! My camera roll is full of pictures since day one and it is amazing to see the progress on camera not just the scales I’m more worried about how I look overall rather than a number on the scales. I love all your journeys it’s so inspiring hers to 2021 🥂 xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I lost 3.5lb on my weigh in this week, very pleased with that. I have an at home date night tomorrow where my bubble is cooking us a three course meal so I know that's not going to be diet food. But one bad meal isn't going to ruin a good week, or at least that's what I keep telling myself anyway

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
As a 6ft woman, feeling “big” has been a problem for me since I was about 13 and started to grow way taller than my friends. No matter how skinny I was, I was always always the “big” friend. I’ve 100% carried that through to a lot of my adult life. I look back at pictures when I know I was really unhappy with myself and there is just nothing of me but I felt so massive. The past few years I’ve learnt to accept my height and all its inconveniences (bloody buying jeans!) so I’m hoping that this journey to weight loss is much happier and healthier. I 1000% understand the not being happy even though you’re not big though. Life is such a mental game.

BUT, on a positive note it’s weigh day and I’m down -3lbs! Taking my total to half a stone in the 2 weeks I’ve been doing. Made up with that. Hoping for another 3lbs this week!

Last edited:
  • Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Pinched the post by @NAIVENELLIE to get us a new thread title.

Let’s carry on with the weight loss and healthy living chat. All welcome - if you need support or advice, want recipe or workout recommendations this is the place for you.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I lost just over 3lbs this week which means in 5 weeks I’m just shy of 13lbs. Hopefully next week I’ll get over a stones loss. A long way to go but it’s going in the right direction.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Happy Friday!
Also 4lbs down this week and now into my losing second stone 🥳 have been predominantly concerned about my fitness and physical changes to my body, so I’m trying not to get too preoccupied with the numbers.

Haven’t started calorie counting yet - just minimised my portions, no unhealthy snacks and i’ve been doing approx 1/2hrs of fast walking and dance online workouts 3 times a week. I don’t look as sexy as the instructors but it’s good fun, especially as someone who always uses the weather as an excuse to stay indoors 😂

Hoping to increase the exercise next week but more so to deal with work stress 😊

• Heart

carriebooboo

VIP Member
Weigh in:

Week 6: -2
TOTAL: 1st 2lb

Happy with that! Especially as I took last Friday off. I have to admit my motivation has been flagging the past few days but I keep reminding myself that I could be 2 stone down by Easter! 🐰 Keep going, everyone!

• Heart

NMK

Morning girls, weigh day, -3! I’ve lost one stone four pounds, this week was definitely the hardest with the snow and the sheer lack of motivation but I remember how I feel ever single summer and miss out on lots of lovely days out because I’m too mortified at the lumps 😂 I’ve completely changed the way I look at food after years of SW and the awful relationship with food they teach it’s turned my world around! Off to Sainsbury’s to get the 400kcal stonebake pizza 🤤 Happy Weekend 🤍

Last edited:
  • Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
This is going to be me tonight, but I don’t need to worry because I’ve got one of the Sainsburys thin stone baked 400calorie wonders 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 So excited for proper pizza!

Also, weighed in this morning and I’m 12st 13lb, that’s a loss of 1.8lb since last Saturday (including my Valentine’s Day off plan) so I’m happy with that. Total loss of 1st 3.3lbs but psychologically it seems more because I’m now 12 stone something and I was 14 stone something when I started 💪🏻 Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

• Heart

101d

VIP Member
After 5 days CC and 2 days eating whatever (but making better choices!) I’ve lost 4 pounds! I can’t quite believe it!

Ready for another week 😁 This time using NutraCheck!

• Heart

Rosie878

VIP Member
I have just weighed myself and lost 4ib this week. The changes I’ve made are (some amounts eg bread and cereal might seem high - it’s because I’m breastfeeding!):
-weighing my cereal - I have 50g of bite size shredded weight
-no drinking
-snacks are: banana, watermelon, apple, portion of broccoli
-1 cup of tea with milk and 1 cup of coffee with milk a day - rest of time stick to nettle or chamomile tea
- beans on toast or low fat soup for lunch with 3 slices of a small loaf of bread.
-I don’t calorie count my evening meal so I really look forward to it! Although obvs not having takeaway or Mac & cheese.

• Heart

Jellybean79

VIP Member
Week 7 weigh in: lost 3.75lb! Over the moon with this after last week’s dodgy scales debacle. I need to lose 0.75lb to have lost a stone. I walked a lot last weekend but due to some family dramas didn’t get out as much in the week as I would have normally. Kept to around 1400-1500 cals each day, apart from pancake day and yesterday, but was still within the target set by nutracheck.

• Heart