Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow this is amazing!! Tell us all of your secrets šŸ˜
Thank you! Just being really strict with calorie counting. Making sure I weigh and measure absolutely everything I eat. Bought some kitchen scales and measuring spoons ā€˜cause itā€™s surprising what a measured tablespoon looks like in comparison to a guessed one!

Other than that, drinking loads of water and doing at home low impact workouts.

Canā€™t say itā€™s been amazing fun calorie counting for 11 months but I feel so much better about myself now!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Weigh in day for me tomorrow. After my massive wobbly last night and being about 1000 kcal over my allocated amount I'm back on track today. Hopefully it will still be a loss as 6/7 days I stuck to my limit. However we shall see.

Went on a lovely big 3 hour walk today. I had a nasty headache yesterday and was generally feeling a bit down so today was much better.

Also my fiance managed to break and then fix the heating so it was a cold 5 hours until he worked out how to fix it. YouTube is an amazing thing haha.

Also my new sofas arrived yesterday so I actually have somewhere to sit now! Moving house during a pandemic not recommended, although all the DIY does give you something to do.

My fitbit often counts wallpaper stripping as riding an outdoor bike šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you! Just being really strict with calorie counting. Making sure I weigh and measure absolutely everything I eat. Bought some kitchen scales and measuring spoons ā€˜cause itā€™s surprising what a measured tablespoon looks like in comparison to a guessed one!

Other than that, drinking loads of water and doing at home low impact workouts.

Canā€™t say itā€™s been amazing fun calorie counting for 11 months but I feel so much better about myself now!
I so need your motivation, God knows why Iā€™m so strict with drinking for example and so bad with my food! I exercise regularly, eat healthy, but in enormous quantities, like no one in my family eats as much as me, itā€™s embarrassing actually. iā€˜m not overweight by any means, but Iā€™m the heaviest Iā€™ve ever been and feel uncomfortable. Just need to break the cycle of rewarding myself constantly. Itā€™s really getting me down.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I so need your motivation, God knows why Iā€™m so strict with drinking for example and so bad with my food! I exercise regularly, eat healthy, but in enormous quantities, like no one in my family eats as much as me, itā€™s embarrassing actually. iā€˜m not overweight by any means, but Iā€™m the heaviest Iā€™ve ever been and feel uncomfortable. Just need to break the cycle of rewarding myself constantly. Itā€™s really getting me down.
Serve yourself your food on a smaller plate, or take away half of what you put on your plate and put it to one side, in a lunchbox for the next day if that's possible. By reducing your plate size it will trick your mind into thinking it has a full plate of food. Often we eat what's on our plate even if we know we've had enough. My mum used to go nuts at me if I left any food so now I automatically finish my food, even if I am stuffed.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone find at the weekend itā€™s verrrry hard to stay within the calories? Any tips would be great!!!

Another 1lbs gone this week! -9lbs in January which Iā€™m made up with.
Going to change my weigh day to Friday though. Struggled to get back on it after my takeaway on Friday so I think itā€™ll put me under less stress at the weekend and give me plenty of time to make up for any treats that I have šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ended up overeating a bit yesterday but it's nice to have February as a fresh start - regardless of anything else this month my aim is to hit my water and veg targets every day, even if I've gone over on calories.

• Heart
Just weighed myself, just under 3lb off. So that's 11 lb on January.

Long may it continue, although I think it will probably level off soon lol. 1lb off going into the next stone bracket. So I think that will be my next challenge. Hopefully aim to lose 7 lb in Feb. That will take me back to my pre-working full time at a desk job lol.

Does anyone find at the weekend itā€™s verrrry hard to stay within the calories? Any tips would be great!!!
I find if I meal plan (even if I end up swapping the days about) I can plan better. Also I always try and plan to have a out 150 kcal left at the end of the day so I can have some chocolate (Malteasers are 100 kcal for 10 lol).

I find if my meals have protein in them I don't feel as hungry, so I try and have an egg or tofu or some chicken with everything. Oh an a lot of veg!

I also don't eat breakfast to give me more calories during the day. However I was never really a breakfast person so this bit isn't too difficult for me.

Edit: just saw you said weekends. However tbh my plans are roughly the same, spend longer making a fancier brunch. Keep myself busy i.e. go for a big walk so I can't just keep going in the kitchen and have a dinner I'm looking forward to but have planned the calories for so I don't change my mind and want a chippy.

Iā€™m a long time lurker on several tattle threads but Iā€™ve never posted on any before now. Iā€™ve enjoyed reading this thread and Iā€™ve been trying to lose weight since the start of the year but Iā€™ve just stood on the scales this morning and actually gained a pound for the whole of January rather than lose a thing! Itā€™s no fault of the diet, that works perfectly Monday - Friday (5pm ish) then the weekend comes and it all goes out the window! So I thought Iā€™d start posting here if thatā€™s okay so Iā€™m accountable!

Iā€™ve 3 stone to lose, I have Nutracheck, Renpho scales, all the Pinch of Norm books and Iā€™m hoping to stick with it now so by spring/summer I donā€™t hate myself in all my clothes!

Background: the weight has slowly crept on over the past 3 years, but particularly since last March! Iā€™m at home all day (due to lockdown) homeschooling 3 boys, doing an open university course and working from home - my husband works away Monday - Friday so when he comes home on a Friday night we always like to ā€œtreatā€ ourselves to a few glasses (bottle or 2) of wine and a takeaway, same again Saturday! Then thereā€™s the snacks I eat out of boredom!

So I hope I join you all and have a more successful month/year!

Plan nice meals that you still look forward to! A burger, pizza etc! But make them in a low kcal way so they stay in your deficitšŸ™ŒšŸ¼ I also always plan to have some protein ice cream (Aldi version of halo top) with a fibre one bar warmed up on a Saturday night which is such a nice treat! Make weekends feel different and exciting whilst still saying within your calories.. all about planning!šŸ’—

2 pound gain for me šŸ™„
Need to get my arse back in gear. Struggling to motivate my self to get workouts done when the kids are in bed.
Also need to go shopping because we've not got alot of healthy stuff in.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Total lost for January 3lb... šŸ˜£ my own silly fault as I do so well and then cave and go crazy. Need to get back on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Iā€™m properly fed up this morning guys. šŸ˜’
I was on last week so expected to have a bigger loss this morning than I got. With the amount of calories Iā€™m eating, I should be getting 2lbs a week but I only lost 1.2lbs this week. I havenā€™t gone over on my calories at all šŸ˜­ the first time I got on the scales it was showing as 1.7lb loss but then for some reason I checked again it went back up half a pound so Iā€™m even more fuming at that šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I started on 5 Jan so have been at this for 4 weeks today, in total Iā€™ve lost 11lbs which I know is good but I still canā€™t help feeling down today. šŸ˜ž in the past this would be where Iā€™d want to throw the towel in but I have to keep going.. Iā€™m hoping now Iā€™ve figured out my ankle supports I can get back to some cardio workouts this week, rather than just resistance band weight training and walks. Hopefully that makes a difference.

On a lighter note.. Well done everyone for your progress šŸ¤©šŸ„³

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Sadly my knee is knackered too. Has been hard to walk on it and agony to bend it so no Zumba today and probably no run tomorrow ā˜¹ Hoping it will get better soon, donā€™t want to lose momentum.
Just done wk 2 run 2 and it was soo bad, my knees are so tight and I felt like I was going to fall over the whole time!! So annoyed with myself but itā€™s completed, debating re doing it on weds instead of doing the last run of wk 2 as I feel my progress has slipped massively.

How are you getting on?

Just done wk 2 run 2 and it was soo bad, my knees are so tight and I felt like I was going to fall over the whole time!! So annoyed with myself but itā€™s completed, debating re doing it on weds instead of doing the last run of wk 2 as I feel my progress has slipped massively.

How are you getting on?
Hey darling, well should have done week 2 run 1 yesterday if I was sticking to the same running days from last week but my knee was so sore I couldnā€™t contemplate it. It is better today but honestly I donā€™t think it would withstand a run.

Considering doing 30 mins of Zumba tonight to see if copes with that and if so Iā€™ll try a run tomorrow morning.

On a weight related note - finding mine is all over the place. Do other people find they put on weight just before and during their period? Seemed to have lost 5lbs last week, weighed myself this morning and back to square one.

I think Iā€™m going to need to start being even more strict on using measuring spoons as another poster suggested for the things I donā€™t already weigh. I know how clothes fit etc. is important too but sadly the scales count for a lot.

Hi all, Iā€™m late to join but I desperately need to sort my weight out for my health. Have 3-4 stone to lose and trying to work out my calories in deficit but thereā€™s so many calculators and they all say different. Can anyone recommend a fairly reliable and accurate one to use please?

Reactions: 3
Hey darling, well should have done week 2 run 1 yesterday if I was sticking to the same running days from last week but my knee was so sore I couldnā€™t contemplate it. It is better today but honestly I donā€™t think it would withstand a run.

Considering doing 30 mins of Zumba tonight to see if copes with that and if so Iā€™ll try a run tomorrow morning.

On a weight related note - finding mine is all over the place. Do other people find they put on weight just before and during their period? Seemed to have lost 5lbs last week, weighed myself this morning and back to square one.

I think Iā€™m going to need to start being even more strict on using measuring spoons as another poster suggested for the things I donā€™t already weigh. I know how clothes fit etc. is important too but sadly the scales count for a lot.
Yes, this happened to me last month, dropped a good 5lbs in two weeks (I accept some of it will have just been a bit of bloat and water weight) and then had my period and went back up about 3lbs which now isn't budging. I've been diligent with logging, and overall I've got a decent deficit for the last two weeks so I should have lost at least 1 -2 lbs. It just doesn't want to move it's so frustrating. It's now only two weeks til I'm next due on and really hope it doesn't happen again because it's so disheartening. Going to try and cut some snacking out, if I can see I've got calories "left" I tend to use them which is a bad habit to get out of.

Hi all, Iā€™m late to join but I desperately need to sort my weight out for my health. Have 3-4 stone to lose and trying to work out my calories in deficit but thereā€™s so many calculators and they all say different. Can anyone recommend a fairly reliable and accurate one to use please?
I used this one https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html and the moderate loss option it gave was very similar to the calories Nutracheck calculated for me!

Yes, this happened to me last month, dropped a good 5lbs in two weeks (I accept some of it will have just been a bit of bloat and water weight) and then had my period and went back up about 3lbs which now isn't budging. I've been diligent with logging, and overall I've got a decent deficit for the last two weeks so I should have lost at least 1 -2 lbs. It just doesn't want to move it's so frustrating. It's now only two weeks til I'm next due on and really hope it doesn't happen again because it's so disheartening.
It is disheartening, particularly because Iā€™ve got a fair bit to lose and should be fairly easy to lose a reasonable amount to start with even if it slows moving forwards.

I feel like I want the scales to reward me for the effort Iā€™m putting in and theyā€™re not. Iā€™ve done Dry January this year and thought that would help too. I know these things are making me healthier but I want to be slimmer šŸ¤¬šŸ˜‚

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.