Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So does anyone on here have any experience with anti depressants and weight loss/gain? Have been described setraline for mild depression and anxiety/OCD and I haven’t started them yet - mainly because I’m waiting for next week so I’m not at work feeling unwell from possible side effects but just wondering if anyone had any idea on how it effects your weight. I’m not overly nervous to take them on the weight front as I know I need to but just don’t want to be fighting a losing battle with weight loss you know 😂

So does anyone on here have any experience with anti depressants and weight loss/gain? Have been described setraline for mild depression and anxiety/OCD and I haven’t started them yet - mainly because I’m waiting for next week so I’m not at work feeling unwell from possible side effects but just wondering if anyone had any idea on how it effects your weight. I’m not overly nervous to take them on the weight front as I know I need to but just don’t want to be fighting a losing battle with weight loss you know 😂
I take citalopram - it did make me gain weight at first but I'm pretty sure it was just water retention as it dropped off again without me doing anything different after a month or so. I'm afraid I can't comment on setraline but I know of a few other people who take antidepressants who had a similar experience to mine. It is a bit demoralising at first but as I said it soon dropped off again - and it was worth it due to how the meds have helped me. Hope you're ok xx

Reactions: 2
I've been feeling stressed and run down, I'm still hurting from a good friend body shaming me and humiliating me yet I've still binged to the point I feel so sick today.

Why am I like this 😭
I'm sorry, that sounds awful and people just don't get how comments can be so damaging in these situations. I hope you are feeling a bit better today and can get yourself into a more positive mindset. We're all here for you!

• Heart
Ha I had my dress fitting, the pins are still in my dress. Lockdown happened just after I had my fitting. My mum had to go rescue my dress from the dressmaker as I live 6 hours away 🙈.

Absolutely! I can't wait until the gyms reopen! 😊
Oh my god you sound so much like me! I’m on my third date, and my dress was at the alterations lady and had to go on a road trip to rescue it the day after we decided to postpone (gosh that was depressing).

I haven’t been tracking this week but I’m on the part of my cycle where I want to eat EVERYTHING. So I’ve started ramping up the exercise a bit this week to try and tackle that.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I take citalopram - it did make me gain weight at first but I'm pretty sure it was just water retention as it dropped off again without me doing anything different after a month or so. I'm afraid I can't comment on setraline but I know of a few other people who take antidepressants who had a similar experience to mine. It is a bit demoralising at first but as I said it soon dropped off again - and it was worth it due to how the meds have helped me. Hope you're ok xx
Thanks lovely. I have taken citalopram before too and had a similar outcome. Have read mixed reviews on these ones - some say they have no appetite so obviously lose weight and some say it makes them want to eat everything. As you rightly say though, it probably just is water retention and side effects do subside after a few weeks anyway so fingers crossed all will be ok - I can cope with some weight gain if it means I feel mentally better though for sure Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can I join the bride group! I haven’t got a dress either, don’t want to shop until I’ve lost a bit more weight. I’m due to get married in September but abroad so I’m still not sure whether it’ll be possible or not but I’m dieting like it will be 😂
Also sounds like me - I thought that, mum and I went to look at some dresses and I was all “nah not going to love one until I love me” but I still fell in love with it. Ordered it a size too small (didn’t fit when I tried it on) and then worked my arse off for 8 months. When I tried it on in Dec 19 it fit like a glove! Now just need to get that half a stone back off and keep going 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
YES!!
I mentioned my issues quite far back in the thread. Im on escitalopram and mirtazapine and lithium for my mental health issues, and i put on 2 stone from June to September! Its awful but ive tried to change the way i think. For example i went from 8 stone to 10 stone so i know im not fat but it was really really hard for me because ive always been slim and now im just 'average'.
However, my mindset now is i need those pills for my mental health- BPD, Bipolar 2, OCD, hallucinations, Body Dysmorphia. And im much healthier now than i was when i was 8 stone, and people even tell me i look much better- ive got boobs and a bum now!
Its took me ages to get to this way of thinking because i did just think i was disgusting and i hated myself for putting on weight. But it stemmed from me not having confidence so i only thought i had my body- my slim body was the only thing i thought i had going for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i was on fluoxetine and put on 2+ stone in 6 months 😓 It’s annoying but they did help. I was on sertraline for a couple of months and it just made me sleep 24/7

• Heart
The only psych drug I’ve been on that has made me gain weight is Venlafaxine. But I don’t regret it at all! Saved my life. I do wish when I started it and first saw improvement that I had worked on having a better relationship with food and exercise because I think I would have gained far less weight. Ahh well, Lesson learned! Working on that now 😆

• Heart
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again; I love this thread. No judgement and you can always find someone who knows what you’ve been through as well. I don’t particularly want to join a SW/WW type thing as they seem a bit culty to me (and I’ve seen many a TikTok about them that make them seem a bit toxic) but I’m really understanding the value of a “pack” or group doing the same thing 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve had such a busy day in work with IT problems (absolutely no work has been done) that I’ve pretty much forgotten to eat. Not good 😩 now I’m starving hahah. Going to have a protein bar as they massively fill me up and then try and wait at least another hour or so until I have my tea!
Weigh day tomorrow 😬😬😬

Reactions: 8
I’m not sure if I need to up my daily calories. I’ve got a lot of weight to lose but nutracheck only has me on 1400 calories a day. My weight loss is going quite slow, which I know is healthier, but when you’ve got a long way to go it should come off quicker at first. Whilst I’m not in the office I’m able to get a lot more steps in and am hitting 12k a day minimum. Should I put that I have an active lifestyle? I’m currently eating some of my exercise calories but not all of them.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again; I love this thread. No judgement and you can always find someone who knows what you’ve been through as well. I don’t particularly want to join a SW/WW type thing as they seem a bit culty to me (and I’ve seen many a TikTok about them that make them seem a bit toxic) but I’m really understanding the value of a “pack” or group doing the same thing 🙂
Absolutely agree! It's so good to have a group to talk to on here!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m not sure if I need to up my daily calories. I’ve got a lot of weight to lose but nutracheck only has me on 1400 calories a day. My weight loss is going quite slow, which I know is healthier, but when you’ve got a long way to go it should come off quicker at first. Whilst I’m not in the office I’m able to get a lot more steps in and am hitting 12k a day minimum. Should I put that I have an active lifestyle? I’m currently eating some of my exercise calories but not all of them.
There is some guidance online about the definitions of lightly active, active etc, I changed mine to lightly active from sedentary on MFP recently as I am doing over 150minutes of exercise per week according to my Fitbit - it gave me an extra 30 calories a day which is not a lot. 😂

I know it’s easier said that done but try to avoid eating back your exercise calories if you can, that’ll ensure it’s easier for you to meet the deficit you need to lose weight. 12k steps a day is a lot though, well done!

Oh my god you sound so much like me! I’m on my third date, and my dress was at the alterations lady and had to go on a road trip to rescue it the day after we decided to postpone (gosh that was depressing).

I haven’t been tracking this week but I’m on the part of my cycle where I want to eat EVERYTHING. So I’ve started ramping up the exercise a bit this week to try and tackle that.
Ha twins! I got to see mine at Christmas just to look at it lol. I just moved house where I am too, I thought I had lost my sparkily hair thing and my mum thought she had lost it so that was a bit stressful but found in a bag in the end lol.

----
I have pulled it back a little bit since the weekend. Trying not to obsessively weigh myself but about 200g off my weight on friday before the weekend, so should be ok.

My lenten promise is to get out for a walk every day, even if it's just 20 minutes. 2/2 days so far lol.

• Heart
Why would you eat back your exercise calories?
No point doing exercise if you are going to do that.

On MFP you can switch of using your exercise calories. I don't have my fitbit linked to MFP for that very reason.

Hello!! Joining from today (January has been too rough up until now)! I put on two stone last year and hate it, so aiming to lose that and a little bit more. Using nutracheck to count cals. Also waiting to start Francis Diet so I hope that really helps me too. Hope it's okay to join x
How was the Francis diet?

Why would you eat back your exercise calories?
No point doing exercise if you are going to do that.

On MFP you can switch of using your exercise calories. I don't have my fitbit linked to MFP for that very reason.
Depends on how much you’re exercising. If you’re doing marathon training for example you would want to eat back some of your calories to make sure you’re fuelling your body properly and not severely under eating.

How was the Francis diet?
What is the Francis diet? I’ve heard people talk about it on here and had a look at his Instagram but I couldn’t figure out what it actually involved.

Depends on how much you’re exercising. If you’re doing marathon training for example you would want to eat back some of your calories to make sure you’re fuelling your body properly and not severely under eating.

What is the Francis diet? I’ve heard people talk about it on here and had a look at his Instagram but I couldn’t figure out what it actually involved.
Me either but just found a very interesting webpage detailing to avoid him.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.