Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Anyone else with the Courtney Black app - if you go on workouts then suitable for home only, does it not give any options for upper body? I don't have any and that seems odd? The only options for upper are ones you need gym equipment for like a lat pulldown machine etc :/

Sadly my knee is knackered too. Has been hard to walk on it and agony to bend it so no Zumba today and probably no run tomorrow ☹ Hoping it will get better soon, don’t want to lose momentum.
Just done wk 2 run 2 and it was soo bad, my knees are so tight and I felt like I was going to fall over the whole time!! So annoyed with myself but it’s completed, debating re doing it on weds instead of doing the last run of wk 2 as I feel my progress has slipped massively.

How are you getting on?

Clickbait

VIP Member
Just done my first couch to 5k run and found it surprisingly difficult. Anyone got any tips on motivating myself for the next run on Friday? I find I get such anxiety before exercise and manage to put it off for so long. I know in the long run it will get easier as it has to, but my stamina is terrible.
Is this the first week’s run? I’m going to try it again. I started it a few years ago, kept putting off run 3 and finally had to go out in the rain then got a horrible cold and tonsillitis from getting drenched to the skin 🤦🏼‍♀️

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Hi lovely, you may gain weight initially if you eat more but this will be water retention and not fat. Doing OMAD is good but you should only do it for so long I believe (or so I have read!). My dad does the 5:2 diet but fasts 3 days and he hit a wall a long time ago and couldn’t shift the extra weight...he then started to eat more daily (his TDEE + exercise daily) and amazingly the weight fell off. I think your body holds onto fat if you are depriving yourself of everything you need for a sustained amount of time xx
thank you - without sounding thick, what does TDEE mean? I’ve tried upping a little bit by having some breakfast or lunch every now and again but like you say, the weight comes back and it scares me into not eating again!

there’s a good chance your metabolism has gotten used to that low amount of food therefore your tdee is now lower and it’s making it harder to create a proper deficit. If you don’t want to increase by a huge amount then I would suggest gradually increasing by 1-200 calories each week and giving your body time to adjust back to a higher intake. I have definitely found eating more has helped me in the past and helped overcome plateaus.
Thanks - should I up it with anything in particular? I’ve tried sneaking a slice of toast in on a morning on the odd occasion but I don’t lose weight so it puts me off.

I definitely have issues with food and diets, I’ve probably been on a diet my whole adult life and it’s so difficult to change something you’ve done forever!