Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I've followed ursula for a long long time. I'd say practically since the beginning. I don't think she used to be so odd. In the early days she had friends and would go around the shops a bit more. My own thoughts and observations are...
Yes she is obsessed with Annabelle. Its one of the things that started to put me off her. I mean she used not even say her sons names on insta never mind show their faces and it was AB this and AB that the second she was born.
She has been quite open about the fact they had very lean years while the husband was studying so that's when she became so thrifty.
She used to mention her in laws more. Not loads but now they are never mentioned. In the past she has storied from their house and reading between the lines they seem pretty minted. Just how food and stuff was presented and their furnishings. These are people who are wealthy. So then I wonder why it was such a struggle for the son to finish the studies. Why didn't they cough up for that. Even her mentioning recently that Niall bought her a LV bag when they were dating. He is 100% a guy who came from money. Maybe the parents had objections to the marriage. Now she seems to never talk about them and my spidey sense tells me there was a bigger falling out.
I think covid really heightened her anxiety issues and she has become almost reclusive.
I cannot understand why people rave about her dinner recipes?? Tomatoes, mixed herbs and chopped veg on repeat. It always looks so rank. Her baking stuff can be ok.
She should be a much bigger IGer than she is. Her presentation is lovely. Puts loads of effort into her content and has a big following. She is either turning down lots of offers or has bad management. She has spoken about experiencing exclusion at an event and she felt it was because she was foreign. Honestly wouldn't put it past some of the weapons on the gram to be like that. Would love to know who specifically she meant that night. I remember the actual event because she was excited to be going but can't for the life of me remember who she had pictures with. She has no steady paid work and I think that's weird. She is streets ahead of content compared to other dopes who seem to be signed up for everything.
I don't know about the dynamic with her husband. They do seem to be very in love. I hadn't considered him holding the purse strings too tightly before reading this thread. I do think it's odd they have never travelled to Mexico as a family. They appear to have money now- he has a pretty swish looking car and they've done work to the house. I know it would cost about 10k but getting the kids to experience the other side of their family surely should be v important to them. 1 of my best friends is from southern hemisphere and its a massive cost but an absolute must for them to travel back every second year. So I do think that is very odd. Her parents divorced and she doesn't really talk about them at all but yet recently mentioned her dad needing surgery and seemed very emotional then. Even then I was like jesus book a flight and go! It's Mexico not outer Mongolia! Anyway those are my thoughts. She has changed over the years no question.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

MaryJones1

I swear to God if I see that stupid Tote bag in one more photo I'm going to drive to Wexford and throw it off the top of Hook Lighthouse

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Her parents are divorced. I’ve never heard her mention siblings and I follow her a long time. Her dad was sick a while ago and she was having a will I go or not go moment. Having lost 2 parents I messaged her saying do go and have no regrets. She ended up not going and then never really mentioned it again. I think he may have had a surgery and she had a story asking for prayers etc. like no matter what way you look at it, this was signposted and she did have time to get over there and see him and now here she is a week later after he died and she is still not in Mexico. Sorry that’s not normal. I do think she is in a controlling relationship there and that has to be the only reason she has not already gone. What kind of husband would tell her to hang on until the MIL was home from holiday. And I do understand the dynamic of family living long plane rides away. And in a similar circumstance even if my husband wanted to travel with me he would have said listen you go on ahead and get there, I’ll hold the fort down. It’s utterly bizarre behaviour and there really is no other way to describe it.

Reactions: 13

The Foz

Well didn’t it suit her tight fisted husband rightly to get a free night in a hotel to celebrate her 40th. What a miserable fucker.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
She said she about going crazy to get home to get her dad's ashes. I'm heartbroken for her. So sad to see she doesn't have anyone to rely on that she could leave kids with,even during the day as he would be home after work. She has missed being with her family and her father has already been cremated. And covid is not even a reason. Just a selfish,controlling prick of a husband.

Reactions: 12

corkgurl

Was her short term full time job got because she had to pay back Niall for the expense of travelling home for her dad’s funeral . Who gets a random full time job for just 3 months after being home raising her kids the last 10 years 🫤

• Wow
  • Haha

LennonRoad

VIP Member
An emergency flight to Mexico would be max 1200€
I would have packed my bag , kissed my kids and said I am going - the same day I heard - any normal reasonable partner /husband would have said I’ll deal with everything you go
This is insane

Fruit_Salad lemon

Chatty Member
What in the name of God has she been wearing on this trip?

It’s like she lost her suitcase and had to make do with the most random bits put together to make an outfit

Her dress sense is catastrophic

Reactions: 11

Longtimebrowser

Not only are they given a free hotel stay but bags of gifts when they arrive. Why would this encourage anyone “normal” to stay there?

What would encourage me to stay is a good hotel deal but there are none out there these day, too busy free stays to influencers.

Reactions: 10
Have to say I thought the whole surprise car thing was weird. I could not imagine a decision like the car I drive being made by my husband without any consultation. That’s not a surprise, it’s control sorry.

Dont think she has been home in years. Miserable prick probably wouldn't let her, although shes worse for not putting foot down. Very sad that she cant get home, surely he could have worked from home & kids in camp for few days until his mother came back. And if they had any respect for her, mil should have come home early.

Last edited:

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Not only are they given a free hotel stay but bags of gifts when they arrive. Why would this encourage anyone “normal” to stay there?

What would encourage me to stay is a good hotel deal but there are none out there these day, too busy free stays to influencers.
And it's never just a free stay.

It's always the top notch option - arriving into one of the nicer rooms with a welcome message on a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, teddy bears, gifts for the kids etc etc. - can we expect all of this when we stay there too? Is this an accurate portrayal of what a typical stay in the hotel is like?!

It actually puts me off staying in a place

Longtimebrowser

He isn’t going with her, he just does not look after the children. He runs a very old fashioned house . The MIL is on holidays and isn’t cutting it short to let Ursula leave now.
I can’t believe she didn’t cut the holiday short. Her father died on Friday, it’s now Tuesday and she’s still waiting, like that is cruel. They must have no respect or kindness towards her. But just waiting for the MIL in general is ridiculous. Any work place would understand you needed time off when your father in law dies. Talk about a useless husband.

Thump

VIP Member
An 8 day countdown to the kitchen riveal Iv seen house renovations done quicker than this kitchen 😂
WHO is that invested in her kitchen that they’d have a countdown timer to see it??? Like I love a nose at other people’s houses as much as the next person but I ain’t sitting by the clock waiting for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

LennonRoad

VIP Member
his parents clearly have NO regard for her whatsoever

And he has other family around too like brothers or sisters….and NONE of them would step in?

Shame on them, that’s a disgraceful way to treat her

And it’s all so public too because she’s on insta are they not embarrassed?

You just know some of them will read here too
Shame on you

Bluewolf

Chatty Member
My husband couldn’t give a fuck if I’d a three ring circus in the living room, he’d just walk around it 😂

She should have been on that first flight home with or without that prick of a husband…& that MIL should’ve cut her holidays short to mind her grandchildren… there’s been a death in the family FFS, her sons FIL had died! Abroad…. I have no support for childcare only my own mother and so if anything happened her I’d never get anywhere. I have a great network of friends but wouldn’t dream of landing my kids on them but if a parent had suddenly died I’d take any offer of help that came my way….

i don’t know, it’s a very strange set up altogether, as much as URsula annoys the shite outta me with her carry on, I reallly feel sorry for her. I’d love to be her friend right now and help her through this horrendous nightmare. I know what it’s like to lose a parent but to be In a foreign country is a different scéal altogether.

That husband needs to get himself out of the 1950s and stop treating her like the hired help… Ursula If you’re reading this, tell him to pay you for all the hours you cook, clean and mind the kids, that should cover the cost of your flight home (to bury your father RIP) and seriously though If you do read this comment, I am very sorry for what you’re going through ❤

What’s disgraceful is that she has never travelled with the kids there. I’ve a friend from South America and every 2 years she goes home with her kids. It’s a massive expense but it a non negotiable. Ursula and the hubby aren’t financially constrained. He’s driving a flash new car. Priorities there are seriously skewed. Even the money she makes from insta could have bought her a ticket by now. Those boys have never even met her father to the best of my knowledge which is really sad. Like yes Mexico is a long way away but it’s not unattainable to get there. V sad scenario and as someone else said she seems to think this is normal.

• Sad

LennonRoad

VIP Member
A quick search on sky scanner
There’s a flight from Dublin to Mexico City….7 hrs to new York, 1.5 hour layover and then 5.5 hours to Mexico City - 14 hrs in total

She’s from another city but is connecting from Mexico City

He is BEYOND cruel and scabby to make her wait TWO weeks then book the cheapest tickets to have them travelling 30 hours just to Mexico City

Christ what an asshole

Reactions: 8

Thump

VIP Member
In some ways it’s actually nice to see an average house on instagram. I have a new build and it’s nicely decorated (imo of course) but it’s no mansion like Pippa’s or Sue’s and tbh it does make me feel a bit shit when I see theirs. I know it’s stupid, I’m so lucky to have my own home and it’s new, so cosy etc. but it does. So it is kinda nice to see others in their nice but average homes too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8