Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hydeist

Chatty Member
Since it's on topic - people who moan they're skint or have no money or don't get paid enough, when what they really mean is they put loads away in savings and are minted but don't want to spend it. There are people who ARE skint, you're not one of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Mental health issues and depression wouldn't be such a big problem if people were a healthy weight and again even less of a problem if that healthy weight was maintained by daily exercise.
So what's your explanation for slim people who have mental health issues or depression?

HoGi

VIP Member
No one cares about your wedding.

Even your sister/mum/bridesmaid/best mate etc. Have their limits and there is only so much people can hear about bridesmaids dresses without wanting to cut their ears off.

ETA nor do I want to pencil in a Saturday in the middle of July to go look are bridesmaid dresses etc. Just buy what you want and I will wear it. Of course I'm free on that date now, but I can think of 100 things I would rather do than that on a nice sunny Saturday in July

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
My sister today has:
- sent me 10 different variations of wording for her invite that use about 50 words to say "give me money"
Friends of ours are getting married soon. Our invite says:

"With all that we have, we've truly been blessed
Your presence and prayers are all that we request
But should you wish to give nonetheless
Monetary gifts are the one we'd suggest"

Cheeky fuckers!!! :mad:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

PatxButchersxEarings

UO but I never took to Caroline Flack when she was living and couldn't get on the massive media hype after her death. To me she seemed like a toxic drama queen and her behaviour questionable. Sleeping with Harry Styles with the large age gap and anusing her boyfriend of it had been a man would be a completely different narrative. Seemed the usual bandwagon brigade with #bekind same as people who jumped on #metoo and took away the seriousness of it for genuine victims.

Reactions: 24

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I think with young girls this comes from them being in a household that doesn’t believe periods are important enough to spend any money on tampons and pads.
Don’t get me started on some pretentious Instagramer saying that Diva cups etc are a better solution for period poverty and more environmentally friendly. I’m 30 and I wouldn’t feel comfortable using a diva cup et al so I doubt a teenager who is already struggling with getting their hands on sanitary products would feel comfortable either.
This was me growing up. I forgot to flush the loo once when I was on my period and my mum screamed through the whole house that someone had bled in the toilet. I used to have to write notes and slip them under the door to ask her to buy me pads. It was a very very very prudish house.

• Sad
  • Wow
I don't know about diagnoses in kids but I do think parents often encourage bad behaviour more than they should. Your child doesn't need to use their scooter in a busy supermarket for instance

littlepup

VIP Member
UO when you can buy a toothbrush, toothpaste and a bar of soap that last a month plus and have change from £1.50 I struggle to believe that genuine hygiene poverty in children is a widespread as reported. In some cases it’s bad parenting.

I do accept that good clothes washing & drying facilities are beyond the reach of an awful lot of people.

Pinkii

VIP Member
I think the whole Karen thing is incredibly sexist. They say for a man it’s a Chad but that’s never really taken off. I think it was started by black Twitter or something.
Yep! Hate that term and its really irks me when I see women refer to other women as Karen’s. Whilst i know where the term originall came from, its now being used anytime a woman (esp of a certain age) voices her opinion on something.

Its just another way to put women down and put them in their place and keep their mouth shut

Moanyoldwoman

I don't think I would've posted that sort of stuff either but I think it is unrealistic to think some of the "bigger" personalities wouldn't do that trying to look cool (is cool even used anymore? showing my age)
But I think it is very unfair to cancel a person for what they posted at 16. If she apologised and if it was sincere then that's where it should stop, otherwise nobody is safe from making mistakes.
I agree. I remember being homophonic to a man on a bus when I was 16 - I was being dumb and picked on the only thing I could because I was in the wrong and too immature to accept it. I regret it so much and wish I could apologise to him because it hurts my heart to this day that I did that to someone. I am not homophobic despite my views when I was younger as I have matured and know more about the world.
I would hate to be paying for something I did a long time ago. I’m not the same person I was when I was 16 it’s called growth.

• Heart
  • Wow

PatxButchersxEarings

It's my opinion that people need their meds adjusted if they think it's brave to commit suicide. It's a truly selfsih act.
I dont think it's a coward's way out I think its someone totally on the edge at the bottom in darkness that can't see a way out or a light. To be so detached and low to take your own life is something I can't imagine.

My uncle suffered depression for years and result was near financial ruin. He could take it and to him ending his life was what he chose.

I dont think he was a coward I think he felt he had no other option.

To say people need their meds adjusted who even said anyone was on meds? Understand its your opinion and that's fine we all think different but to bluntly say any of us need meds to think suicide us blameless is wrong.

• Heart

or JusRollWithIt

VIP Member
Contouring makeup tutorials are getting out of control. If it takes me 15 minutes to watch you do it time lapsed, using 27 different shades and 19 different brushes, just no. I’d rather walk around looking like a foot thanks.

• Haha

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
People I’ve seen mostly give stuff to their kids while they are shopping just to shut them up. Like giving them the end off the French stick or packet of crisps. Feed them before you bring them or leave them at home!
I used to work at Morrisons on the checkouts. One day a woman tried to hand me a slobbery apple core that her kid had been gnawing on. This was a loose apple, sold by weight. Firstly, I don't want to touch that thanks, and secondly how am I supposed to weigh it when half of it is missing?? She genuinely couldn't see the problem.

When I asked the runner to fetch me another one to weigh, the customer wasn't happy because "That's much bigger than the one we picked up."

• Wow
  • Sick

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Penny pinching.
Can't bare attitudes like 'it costs 10p to leave your lights on overnight' etc. Really? That's cheap I'll leave them all on 24/7 :D and I do.
I don't know how much my bills are because it's mind numbingly boring to think about.
Heating is essential and idc how much it cost, its on all year because I need to be comfortable and healthy and with the lighting, I need to see in the dark. That 10p will be well spent avoiding potentially fatal accidents.
I won't replace furnishings unless they're completely done but once they do need replaced and that money is spent, it's gone and I don't think about it for a second. You can't take your money to the grave, get it spent bc you might be dead tomorrow.
Petrol? How much is it? Fuck knows, I fill the car up when it's getting empty. It's an essential. The cost of living always goes up, never down, why stress? 🤷‍♀️
Same in every way, I hate people who turn the heating down a notch or turn off every light. I find it very uncomfortable in my daughter's house as its never quite warm enough.. she works in fingerless gloves etc fuck that .. My childhood was like that I am an adult and if I want to leave lights on, wear shoes indoors I will. don't tell me I'm wasting money or my carpets will get dirty. I don't care because I like warmth and light, I also don't know how much petrol is

The last time I see my sister happy and healthy her words to me as I went in for a hug were "SHOES!!!" not the greatest memory, would rather "missed you sis, *hug* now get your shoes off" She died not long after and her carpets were still there. to remind me

Many people who try to save via heating and lights will think nothing of spending what they believe they are saving on crappy coffee while out. Stuff that coffee too. I will wait till I get home to eat and drink unless a family get together,

• Heart
Reactions: 23

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I think some people have jumped on mental health problems as an acceptable way to excuse their behaviour, or to get their own way. They know no decent person would question them.

For example, during the lockdowns, everything was about mental health.
"I need the gym to reopen for my mental health."
"The pubs being shut is bad for my mental health."
"Not getting my nails done is affecting my mental health."
It became like the latest bandwagon to jump on.
While I don't deny there are a lot of people who struggled with their mental health for various reasons, it seemed to become the go-to answer for everything.

People quoting mental health for every tiny thing takes away from those who are genuinely struggling.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I love how the UK is seen as this massively racist country (by mostly their own people). You should take a look at some countries on mainland Europe.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I hate all those expression like gammon, Karen, boomer ... it just sounds very juvenile. To hear adults using these terms is a bit pathetic IMO.

Jesus

I prefer the term ‘took their own life’. I’ve no idea if it’s PC but it seems less accusative to me.

I also agree for most depression is a chemical imbalance. You wouldn’t try to ‘mind over matter’ diabetes or anaemia so why do people think you can do it for depression.
For those who have experienced trauma leading to depression, there should be a distinction. And I believe you can be helped by working through the trauma and finding ways to understand it.

Another UO - I know a woman who is at the top in their field. They are lauded in the top10 women in the industry, sits on a board for identifying other promising females etc and gives talks on gender equality and the difficulties of being a woman in industry and overcoming the challenges.
Except they used to be a man. They got to the top when they were a man and have transitioned since.
I have no issue with how anyone wants to identify or present themselves and I’m sure they could teach me a great deal about their experience but I do have issue with a man telling me about what it’s like to be a woman because they’ve been one for 5 minutes and diverting the credit from women who’ve had to struggle their whole lives in a male dominated industry.
Surely this person should be giving talks on what it is like to be a transwoman in the work place as well as what it is like transitioning whilst employeed at the company.
I'd imagine being trans comes with a whole new list of difficulties. To act like being a transwoman is the same as being a woman your entire life is BS.
Has that person missed out on a promotion due to the possibility of becoming pregnant during their career? No.
Has that person had to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace? Maybe but I can bet that close to 100% of women have faced some form of sexual harassment while working. I know I have!
I am happy enough to call someone by their preferred pronouns but to act like transwomen and women are the same is just not true..

• Heart