Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FolderDuvet

Someone on tiktok has stitched her stupid video about not knowing the difference between left and right wing politics and is calling her out. It’s getting quite a bit of attention!
Went and had a look, I don't think it's much more than a rant. She seems to make some unfair inferences based on what she is expecting Jade to mean (she assumes that Jade is saying people who didn't go to university are politically illiterate, which while that is definitely an interpretation of what shes saying, I don't think that's what she meant).

I'm also confused about the assertion that you couldn't go through school without learning the minutiae of the party political system in the UK? She doesn't seem to understand that "left" and "right" mean nothing really and one can be vaguely aware of political issues without necessarily understanding the current division of issues between the "left" and "right" wing. I remember being shocked at the political ignorance of some of my peers at A Level, and my school was common as muck. The only time in my education where the political terms "left" or "right" came up was while I was studying the Handmaids Tale at A Level and we were discussing the resurgence of the Christian Right in 80s America. And this is WITH me having studied both the Troubles and the American West in history, along with English literature at GCSE.

Sure, politics came up, but not in the "here is left wing ideas and here is right wing ideas" way, because that's a meaningless distinction and actually fairly harmful to the political discourse. People will reject ideas freely when the wrong person says them.

Reactions: 2

slamvs27

VIP Member
She’s more dramatic about that move than me at 18 moving away to uni at the other side of the country and being away from my parents for more than a month first time in my life. And like I get it’s also the breakup but it seems she’s trying to blame her emotions on the move and being lonely in london rather than the breakup when it’s very obvious it’s that. And even if so, showing this much of crying and breakdowns on yt to thousands of people is not relatable but stupid - she should actually be alone for a little bit, go to therapy and sort herself out. Ffs be an adult at least for once Jade.
The sad/ ironic thing is that she IS in therapy...god what a wreck. There's a difference between feeling your emotions and letting them control you..

Also, what's with all the job hunting videos but the lack of a job..who would take advice from her lol.

emm

VIP Member
Because they don't. They liked the attention they got from YouTube too much that they've stopped caring about things that actually matter
I didn't follow any of them, but if they're like jade (who is not at all worldly and educated as she would like to think she ks) they just like.accolades , as someone before said. They aren't actually interested in learning for the sake of it which means they have nothing interesting to say
---
Because they don't. They liked the attention they got from YouTube too much that they've stopped caring about things that actually matter
I didn't follow any of them, but if they're like jade (who is not at all worldly and educated as she would like to think she ks) they just like.accolades , as someone before said. They aren't actually interested in learning for the sake of it which means they have nothing interesting to say

Merpedy

VIP Member
Is she going to visit the ex? Haven't watched the latest video yet
I do wonder if that’s the case too 🤭

The IG reel is just an ad for those lingola classes or whatever it’s called. She seems to be doing a lot of ads atm

emm

VIP Member
It would surprise me if she had read even one article about it before posting tbh. I often wonder if minerva follow her and think about how much of N awful advert she is for their education 😅

emm

VIP Member
Re: jades latest video
- she's an efficient gorl
- said her love life is linked to Germany hence why she's learning German
- She loves German because it's similar to Dutch and she's half Dutch
- she wants to move to Germany for a bit
- regurgitation of tips from her minerva videos
- her casual magic is the sunlight
- mentions she's on her period (why does she feel the need to say this in every video?)
So she's still with the guy she broke lovkdownwith ?

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
we've (2adults) just had 4 nights in an EU city - rented a little self catering room in a hotel. still cost us £550 flights and accommodation. We ate cheaply, and public transport in this city is affordable and many museums are free. were not hard up like but still it took some planning and saving in advance.