Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
"this really gorgeous black woman with incredible braids came in and I was like, oh my god I hope she sits next to me, I'd love to hear her story - and then she walked straight past me"

lol good for that woman. Huge eye roll - she'd never say "a gorgeous white woman with a ponytail came in I was like, omg, I'd love to hear her story". Notice how she didn't mention the race of anyone else in the room except this woman. She obviously saw this woman and coded her as ~exotic~ just because she is black and has braids, and therefore must have some kind of story to entertain her with?? It's verging on fetishisation at this point pls stop.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 73

justonemorepage

VIP Member
She's basically asking to move into someone's flat with them and then is dictating the criteria. Bish, you be living under their roof, surely they dictate their criteria for you?! The entitlement is astounding. Also, apologies if I missed it, but what happened to living in Lisbon? I thought that was a semi permanent thing? She wasn't there 5 minutes!

Reactions: 48

slamvs27

VIP Member
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 1.45.22 PM.png

Her captions are so weird. "Fragile and soft and lil and cracked open"? Are you a soft-boiled egg?? Why is she so obsessed with portraying herself as just a little 🥺 gorl 👉👈in the big mean world? She's white, wealthy, and privileged, now living in one of the world's most unaffordable cities. How much more is she gonna victimize herself? Also this teasing of "I've just gone through something major but don't want to talk about it" reminds me of the queer-baiting a few threads back.

She keeps saying she's gonna "settle down" when we all know she'll be hopping on another plane and leaving in 3 weeks..

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
she mentions work a couple of times in the video sections - does she actually say what her job is because I skipped through and all I got was meditation and journaling…

She needs an actual therapist and not someone from better help too at this point
---
This feels so inappropriate too 😭😭View attachment 2846212
I swear the incest vibes between these two is off the charts. Why would she even want to post a photo like that of her own brother :sick::sick::sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

flowerbomb99

My mum went to that exact meditation retreat and ended up leaving early. One of the instructors went on a tangent about how committing suicide was the most selfish act you can do and you will be reborn as another depressed person who will commit suicide again.., was bizarre and problematic

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

fwooper

VIP Member
I love how she points out that he got into Minerva and says "smart boy" - I wonder how these geniuses explain how two siblings both managed to get into a university that supposedly has a 1% acceptance rate and is harder to get into than Harvard, yet somehow didn't get accepted into other elite universities. Not quite smart enough to figure out that conundrum I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
Someone told her 😂 , not that she will pay any attention. She only listens to the ‘cards’ these days 🙄
IMG_1007.jpeg

Reactions: 40

curlysue123

Is it just me that feels weird about her listing as a bonus if the flat mate is queer? Also "cares about impactful work" What even?

Reactions: 39

Mars46

Jade has a tendency to say "we were never taught about this in school" about a lot of things. I remember her saying that only british history was taught in british schools and acting so shocked when she learnt about the history of another country when she visited. I get quite annoyed about her comments about how the school system is inadequate. You can't expect all knowledge to come from school, at some point it is down to student curiosity to learn about things. School is often about giving key skills for understanding (so if you have the skills to read and analyse documents about british history, that should set you on your way to being able to learn about any history or have some grasp of politics). Also nowadays we expect things of the school system that would have been developped outside (ie. personal finance, politics, citizen action...).

yerdasellsavon

And let's be honest for a girl in her early 20s her tits aren't exactly great so no idea why she wants to show them off so obviously. Have some modesty Jade ffs it's Xmas!
I’m no fan of Jade, and she has no real likeable traits, but passing judgement on what parts of her body look like just isn’t it. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I’m sure plenty of others on here too.

slamvs27

VIP Member
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.59.18 PM.png

The guy watching this video like 😐🕴

She also says this breakup was harder than school EXAMS and SOLO TRAVELLING...Jesus those were the most difficult moments of her life?? No wonder she's so out of touch with anyone who isn't a privileged white person.

Imagine being SOOO upset that you remind yourself to turn on the camera first to cry..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

yerdasellsavon

I've just caught up with Jade for the first time in months, and I cannot get my head around just how disingenuous, hypocritical and fake she really is.

To get the Portugal Digital Nomad VISA, you need to show proof of income and a bank statement with at least €36,480 (about £32,000). She wants us to genuinely believe that someone with £32k to her name can't afford the Eurostar? Yeah, it's less convenient and more expensive than flying, but air travel is arguably the biggest contributor to the climate crisis. If she cared, she'd make the sacrifice, but no let's only point the finger at the corporations because she's "nature gorl" who loves parks and offsets her flights.

Don't get me started on the Lisbon move either. Again, she's effectively saying it's not her fault, because the government have created the VISA. Know this might sound like a novel concept, but you could just, not go? Just because it's there, doesn't mean you need to use it.

I can relate to post-uni struggles. I loved my time at uni and when I left in July, leaving my friends and that part of my life behind was tough. But as soon as I moved back home, I spent everyday looking for a job so I could support myself. She acts as if she's had the toughest time when effectively all she's done is have a 2 month holiday at home, with zero financial struggles or pressures of looking for grad jobs. I wish I could have spent post-uni life meditating, taking myself on dates and uploading TikTok's.

Can't believe I used to enjoy her content. Minerva got the worse out of her. She's a tone deaf, performative activist.

• Wow

Blueglacier

Screenshot_20240418-115215.jpg

Our queen being okay with flying constantly and emitting thousands of tonnes of carbon and then takes the high road with fast fashion. Make it make sense!

ECH

VIP Member
I can’t imagine much worse than coming home after being at work all day and then being forced to have ‘deep chats’ with Jade. That or being filmed (respectfully, ofc …) Nope, nope, nope. And then can you imagine when the family visit, and dad’s trying to shill you Juiceplus, mum’s trying to get you to do Zumba or whatever the hell it is she does, and Folk’s there offering you ‘his wood’. Dear sweet baby Jesus.
Don't forget that you'll never just be 'Sarah' or whatever your name is, but you'll be 'my best friend, Slovenian Sarah, she's from Slovenia you know, my roommate is from Slovenia! How wild that a little girl from a tiny town in England is living with a SLOVENIAN!'

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Fastgirl154

What makes me so royally angry is how she talks about being sucked into the productivity mindset, how she never practiced self care, how she was all hustle culture and now her realization is how much that hurt her growth etc etc

But you made MONEY off it. You used that productivity mindset to make money off vulnerable young people. You made the study with me videos, the hustle culture videos.

YouTubers always talk about growth and reflecting on what they were drawn into but NEVER acknowledge that they made money off it. Your viewers deserve an apology that you used those very concepts to build a brand. You are the very reason thousands of people are trapped in these ideologies. Take accountability for that.

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
There’s something icky about the way she talks about “locals”. She talks like these ‘locals’ are just ready and willing to educate any gap yahs that come along, when they’re just people like you and me living their lives with no interest in entertaining dumb tourists.

I love travelling, it’s great, and you can learn a lot and it can definitely help you understand other cultures better. But the worst kind of backpackers/travellers are those that think they’re doing some kind of noble duty by travelling, and think that the local people they visit are honoured by their presence. You’re just a tourist like everyone else - just because you did voluntourism in Uganda doesn’t mean you’re now this worldly person. If anything these voluntourism things can make you even blinder to your privilege because you’re tricked into thinking you’re immersed into another culture when actually it’s just a charade put on for tourists to make them feel like they’re ~immersed~ in the culture.

The way she talks down about people who go on a holiday to Ibiza says a lot. Why’s she so bothered about how other people travel? She’s insecure and thinks that her travels make her superior.