Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

veevee04

VIP Member
Taiwan has placed sanctions against Russia they are the largest semiconductor chip makers in the world which Russia needs for its weapons. A brave bold move considering the possible threat from China .

• Heart
Reactions: 96

Yel

Chatty Member
I think it's best to draw a line on this race and gender stuff. It's not going anywhere good and it'll disrupt this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Just here to say

Chatty Member
All these influences pissing me off. Not one bloody person posted anything about it. Actually Kelly Stamps shared something, and she is all the way in the US. Everyone in the UK just going about their day, posting about food, ads, makeup, gifted etc. It feels wrong. My whole day felt so pointless and I couldn't even concentrate on one thing except obsessively reading the news and making sure my friends and family are okay. It infuriates me that they have a platform that can be used to speak up, but all of them are so self involved that they can't see anything but the top of their noses. They get paid outrageous amounts of money FOR WHAT? I'm sorry but I'm just so annoyed! Everyone is so superficial and I feel sick. If it doesn't directly affect their life e.g. Covid restrictions or jabs - they just don't want to know about it. I apologise if it's off topic I had to let this out.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
We shouldn't be seeing this in 2022, but what a heroic and brave thing to do for your country❤ RIP. think Putin underestimated the Ukrainian soldiers

Screenshot_20220225-151808_Instagram.jpg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve a feeling Zelensky will be dead very soon. He’s absolutely prepared to go down fighting for his country. Could never imagine Boris doing that could you?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I cannot believe how many of you are praising Trump. That orange traitor was at the beck and call of Putin his entire presidency. The reason for Trumps first impeachment was because he withheld 400 million dollars of aid to Ukraine because Zelenskiy wouldn’t dig up dirt on Biden.

Earlier this week Trump said Putin was “savvy” and “genius” for invading Ukraine.

Trump is a propaganda mouthpiece for Vladimir Putin.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Ellelalala

Chatty Member
WHY IS NOBODY SENDING MILITARY TO JUST GET THEM OUT? They are all waiting for Russians to move past Ukraine. Can someone Educate me as to why they're waiting for this war to spread rather than act now? Why are they letting them take Ukraine so easily? Sanctions have not and will not do anything to deter them. Ukrainians are speaking out about needing help, why is everyone else just sitting sipping tea and watching them take more lives?
Unfortunately it's not so straight forward. Sending in NATO troops to defend a non-NATO country would be viewed as an extreme act of aggression. And in the case where you're dealing with a dictator with a red button, that's not a good idea for anyone on this planet.

In lieu of immediately turning things up to 11, NATO countries are offering support in other ways. Relief and aid, taking in refugees, staging their military forces in neighboring NATO countries (if you attack a NATO country, you attack them all and all bets are off). For example, the US has given Ukraine state of the art weapons to help them defend themselves and is pledging to send more. Side note, it's that military aid (in the form of weapons) that Trump tried to use as leverage back when he was still president. He wanted to withhold the promised support unless Ukraine helped dig up dirt on Biden. Pretty disgraceful but I digress.

So basically the plan is to bolster Ukraine's fighting forces and citizens to the extent that they can fend off the Russian troops while also sanctioning the sh*t out of things to increase pressure and make this maneuver impossible or futile or at the very least too costly for Putin to continue. I hope it's enough and I pray it works.

Reactions: 51
I’ve Just realised, to add insult to injury I went to tesco earlier because I needed a stiff drink. What did I buy? Vodka. Fucking vodka. So not only am I mental mess, I’m actually stupid too. Furious with myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Yel

Chatty Member
I think it's best for influencers to say nothing - I don't want to see Niomi smart doing a sadface post at Soho farmhouse or hinch running around with her alpacas and a Ukrainian flag.

Only had time to listen to lbc today and they're presenting a picture that the Ukrainian side are doing well and Russians are failing at their objectives which the UK government is keen to push. They're not talking about the successes the Russians have had. I'm not sure if the one sided reporting is good or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Mark81

VIP Member
I don't think it will be over that easily. It's either a trap of some sort by Putin, or his demands will be basically surrender. I can't see why Putin would agree to ceasefire already when he has come this far so quickly.

Ukraines president has really impressed me tbh. Puts a lot of current leaders to shame

• Heart
Reactions: 47

thegirlscout

VIP Member
All these influences pissing me off. Not one bloody person posted anything about it. Actually Kelly Stamps shared something, and she is all the way in the US. Everyone in the UK just going about their day, posting about food, ads, makeup, gifted etc. It feels wrong. My whole day felt so pointless and I couldn't even concentrate on one thing except obsessively reading the news and making sure my friends and family are okay. It infuriates me that they have a platform that can be used to speak up, but all of them are so self involved that they can't see anything but the top of their noses. They get paid outrageous amounts of money FOR WHAT? I'm sorry but I'm just so annoyed! Everyone is so superficial and I feel sick. If it doesn't directly affect their life e.g. Covid restrictions or jabs - they just don't want to know about it. I apologise if it's off topic I had to let this out.
It’s interesting how if it’s something to do with Palestine or Black Lives Matter the influencers and celebrities are all over it, posting in solidarity but I’ve noticed with other causes, such as this and earlier in the year the rise in anti semitism, they were all quiet.
Is it more socially acceptable to post about the previous two than others? I’ve noticed that AOC, Ilhan Omar, Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman who are often very vocal on these sort of issues have not posted about Ukraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

veevee04

VIP Member
I'm someone who just felt mildly annoyed about COVID I'm usually stoic and resilient. But I am in absolute turmoil over this. I haven't slept in two days I can't concentrate on things or think about anything else it's absolutely horrific. Those poor people in Ukraine . The world is a horrible place right now and I feel guilty for bringing a child into it.

My news feed on social media is people talking about pointless things like what they had for dinner or their new nails nothing about Ukraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

prinnygrace

VIP Member
A boy who went to my Uni went viral during the fall of Kabul for travelling to Afghanistan and eventually having to be evacuated, taking a seat on the plane from someone innocent just because he “enjoys extreme tourism”. He was in Ukraine a couple of weeks ago but left thinking nothing was going to happen. This morning he has got on a flight to Poland and plans to travel by train, bus or foot to Ukraine. He’s absolutely insane and it makes me SO angry. His argument is that he pays his taxes so should be able to be evacuated if he needs to be, but doesn’t really care if he dies there. Literally makes my blood boil that he things it’s “fun” to visit Ukraine right now. It’ll be easy to Google him if you want to look into his time in Afghanistan, he was very active on socials whilst he was there and I expect he will be whilst in Ukraine too.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
President Zelensky is incredibly handsome, I didn’t want to say and appear shallow, but yes handsome, brave and a true leader.
I can't believe he used to be an actor who played the president of Ukraine in a popular TV show there up until a few years ago, and now he is actually the president of Ukraine, and has shown greater leadership than some people who have been in politics for a lot longer than he has 👏

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
President Zelensky is incredibly handsome, I didn’t want to say and appear shallow, but yes handsome, brave and a true leader.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44