Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
First time commenting on this thread, I watch it with interest as Anna is a funny one isn’t she. I do hope she’s ok, I feel like I follow her just to check in as whenever she’s trying to appeal to isn’t what I’m really looking for but find I can’t unfollow.

However, I have to say, some of the comments on this thread are so upsetting with regards to UC. I have a degree and a masters and I’m currently at home with my 2 little ones due to unforeseen circumstances while my partner works 60 hour weeks a lot of the time and has been furloughed for the best part of the last year making us quite heavily reliant on universal credit (more so than we were before). Saying that someone can’t possibly be on universal credit and afford holidays or little treats for themselves is really REALLY harsh. My partner works extremely hard to provide for my family and when the cost of childcare doesn’t outweigh what I would be earning then I will work really hard too. Please don’t be under the incredibly false impression that people on UC can afford this that and the other without working hard and scrounging off the government, we can barely even afford to eat this month. If I scrimp and scrape to get my nails done (which I don’t anyway) or go on holiday with my family then that’s what I’ll have done - scrimped and scraped but this won’t be instead of paying my bills/council tax/rent/food/clothing my children, this will have been putting £5 away a month until I have the money to go. My partner is so deserving of those small treats we can afford to give ourselves from HIS hard work so a huge fuck you to whoever said that we are being paid too much to have these things when the reality is extremely different. We struggle monthly but we are good people, I sincerely hope that you are never in the same position.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Slothgang

Chatty Member
He did dump her with a newborn though when she was clearly struggling so he can't exactly be a supportive saint

Reactions: 16

Roarquaver

I definitely think it's a mode of self destruction. She's a mum and responsible for 2 kids, she can't go out on big benders, she can't get addicted to drugs, she can't get in loads of toxic dramatic relationships. She cant do any of the things that people in self destruct might normally do. Buying something unnecessey and getting yourself back into the emotional guilt and worry cycle of not having money is impulsive and is kind of mental self harm, its not liking yourself enough to not do that to yourself.
I'm not sure if I've explained that well at all but I know what I mean 😅
I do actually really root for her and I hope she sorts it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Chipstiz

Have to say 👏👏👏👏👏 to her latest story. I'm a single mum that works and my children's dad just leaves me to sort out absolutely everything child related because 'it's my job' so it hit a nerve. Women in this position can't win. Her ex deep down disrespects her for not working but how can she if he won't help to facilitate it for children that he is responsible for!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Libertine

VIP Member
She's been living life like this for year's and does nothing about it! And yet remains unhappy!
I expect she thought she’d be living with the father of her children. I’m not sure how she can do anything about that? And she seems a bit happier to me when she treats herself with something inexpensive.

Instagram is littered with greedy, vacuous women begging for clothes, shoes, haircuts, food, furniture and holidays - and that’s just the tip of the iceberg - while they live comfortable partnered lives in substantial homes.

I can’t get worked up about Anna: she shops secondhand which is admirable, her daughters aren’t used as sales props, any advertising I’ve seen has been clearly labelled, and she seems to genuinely be trying to engage with the black lives matter movement.

I wouldn’t put my children or dildos on social media, but overall Anna doesn’t bother me. I hope she manages to sort her head out so that she can be much happier in the future.

Libertine

VIP Member
Anna is a single parent who might want to have one later dinner to feel like an adult on holiday. I think she’s CONSIDERATE taking devices for the children to use.

SeaWitch

Nixen you been deliberately inflammatory and goady, and down right horrible to Anna and people claiming for the last few pages.
Get a life, stop watching channel 5 benefits bashing shows/reading the daily mail.
What people do with their money is up to them. And it is their money, esp. people like Anna who have fallen on hard times, and paid in ten times over what they take out.

Its like you have a personal axe to grind or something. Give it rest love 🤗

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Her stories ! Honestly when one moment you are saying you can’t afford to feed children , using vouchers can’t afford school shoes and bailiffs at the door etc and then you drop £200 on shoes for yourself , then yes people are going to question it . what does she expect

Nixen

Chatty Member
Ppl on UC are allowed to save up for things they like and have some enjoyment in life too.

Does that mean ppl on UC shouldn’t ever go on holiday or buy a car and just take the bus.

It’s one thing for Anna to moan about UC and saying she has no money for kids shoes/food etc then spend money on shit clothes and wine, that is wrong, like get your priorities straight!

But ads are work none the less and if she’s worked for something why can’t she enjoy it? She clearly has low self esteem so this is her pick me up.

Also how is it ‘obvious she’s not declaring it’ ?

There’s lots of ppl who work and top up their income with UC but it doesn’t mean their life should be bare minimum and never have anything nice.

Im not sure why you think it’s courtesy of the benefits system when’s she’s doing paid work through ads. Like you said about UC gets deducted 63p for every £ she earns so it’s her money paying for it. Or maybe a mix of both.
Em yeah actually I don’t think people on universal credit should be going on holiday. If they want to go on holiday they should get a job. Benefits should be to keep a roof over your head and food in your stomach. If you can afford to ‘save up’ your benefit money to pay for a holiday or Botox then maybe you shouldn’t be getting it in the first place since you clearly don’t need it to support your living expenses?

• Angry
  • Wow
Jeez, she’s such an entitled Berkeley Hunt, this girl. Narcissism exudes out of her botoxed eyes. To not even realise how galling it is for people to see her use tax payers money and vouchers for her kids food and then spunk cashish on her lip fillers, her weekly Zara buys and fecking-I’m-so-important-and-have-such-an-inflated-opinion-of-myself-that-I-need-to-update-you-on-EVERY-SINGLE-ASPECT-OF-MY-NANETTES purchase, is pretty unbelievable.
I see this week that she’s now put her pronouns in her bio. YAWN. Of course she has. Super woke Anna is SO empathetic, and SO thoughtful of other people, that she, like all other SJW middle class white girls, is the only person who can help save the destitute black people and trans people who are totally unable to do shit for themselves....

Or....maybe....Maybe she’s another psychopathic / sociopathic member of Woko Harem, who projects what a caring and empathetic ‘activist’ (ie unemployed person) she is, purely to hide the fact that she has zero empathy and cannot connect with another human being. There’s been genuine scientific papers published that reveal that woke people who feel the need to virtue signal, generally possess the dark triad of personality disorders.

Here’s a report on it:

Hmmmmm. Who does that remind me of??

Anybody in her circle needs to run a long way from her.

Aside from the woke bollocks, there are many similarities with Faye from Love Island too

Sorry, but for me any point you are making about Anna is completely undermined by your attack on 'wokeism', which reads as though its straight from the daily mail comments section. Also, if you want to back it up with scientific studies, you'd be better linking the actual scientific paper rather a clear opinion piece from a right-leaning libertarian magazine.

Reactions: 13

Chardonnay

Chatty Member
I don’t understand how can you be on universal credit and still afford Botox and lip filler. She must have spent nearly £500 on both of those procedures

Onecandream

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with white ppl discussing racism and black history in a white majority school. It isn’t the job of black people to continuously go out of their way, spend their time and energy teaching white ppl how to not be racist.
It isn’t white savourism, it’s trying to make a difference. White savourism is going to Africa, thinking you’re making a difference and posing with black kids for likes on Instagram and having your ego stroked by ‘aw you’re so selfless going to Africa to ‘help’

Can we please normalise white ppl giving a shit what happens in our primary schools instead of thinking it doesn’t affect them so who cares. Thanks

It’s racism in itself to think that black people should be the ones to fix the white peoples wrong doings.

• Heart

Mochalatte

Chatty Member
I am an only parent like Anna but I have a full time job. I use the iPad because to be honest that’s great that you have so much patience but sometimes I’ve not eaten all day and need 5 minutes peace to do some admin and mindlessly scroll here because I’ve had an absolute ball ache of a day and no I don’t want to talk about unicorns for an hour at dinner time. So yes I’m a shit parent but we can’t all be perfect!

• Heart

Roarquaver

I think it's quite a piss take that she's got a home start, after just spending her child free weekend on a weekend away. There are women out there who genuinely need help and have zero time spare to do anything.

Mochalatte

Chatty Member
She doesn’t have a great relationship with her mum but does she not see she is literally repeating history? Her mum seems preoccupied with her looks, her life, not really giving a shit- this is Anna. She’s preoccupied with her looks, getting a new boyfriend to fund her lifestyle and parent her, doesn’t give much of a shit about providing a home with boundaries and stability. I’m confused- she goes to counselling, has she not been told this? Look after your kids, get a job and some stability and stop trying to solve all your problems with a man/father figure.

Reactions: 12