The Tim Tracker #78 Won't Do Anything Unless They Can Film It - Including Paying Taxes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love America's Test Kitchen! 💕

Alton Brown has great cookbooks as well that explain the why's and how's of basic cooking too! Lol.
👩‍🍳🍳
I'd say she should get Kenji's Food Lab book but she would complain it's too heavy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't know if it was the lighting, but that hamburger did not look cooked well enough to be safe for a child to eat lol.
I'd like to think it's the light an the angle of it all because burgers cannot be eaten pink an food poisoning is absolutely brutal, I myself just got over food poisoning after being out at a restaurant an it's not fun an I doupt Dim an gin would be able to deal with a kid that has it at home if it's not strong enough for him to be admitted into hospital

Reactions: 4
I find the histogram on the progress bar interesting to see what makes people go back and replay parts (not inital play-through).

In TTT videos people seem to be replaying parts with Tim-only and with Jackson. They really do not care for listening to Jenn again. If anything should tell her to shut her trap more often it's this.

Reactions: 10
I find the histogram on the progress bar interesting to see what makes people go back and replay parts (not inital play-through).

In TTT videos people seem to be replaying parts with Tim-only and with Jackson. They really do not care for listening to Jenn again. If anything should tell her to shut her trap more often it's this.
She'll still need to study the meta-data on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'd like to think it's the light an the angle of it all because burgers cannot be eaten pink an food poisoning is absolutely brutal, I myself just got over food poisoning after being out at a restaurant an it's not fun an I doupt Dim an gin would be able to deal with a kid that has it at home if it's not strong enough for him to be admitted into hospital
I’m pretty sure Dim eats pink burgers. That is a pretty popular thing here

Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure Dim eats pink burgers. That is a pretty popular thing here
I see people ordering burgers medium all the time. The key is in kitchen saftey.
Burgers are safe to eat pink providing the internal temperature reaches 160 F. Lower than that and there's a risk of various bacteria being alive.
You gamble each time you eat ground meat that is not cooked well inside. It's not just hamburgers, but also applies to ground turkey, chicken (both 165 F) and pork products (145 F, but this may go back up) such as sausage. We should all know what the minimum temps each needs to be cooked to in order for it to be safe to consume.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
In the US, you can order burgers cooked as you like them - medium is very popular, so they can be pink

Over here it would just be a huge no no to have pink burgers an places would get in trouble for it, my dad as a head chef would have a fit if he seen us eat a pink burger, you are really taking chances with that, if adults want to risk it then fine but kids certainly shouldn't be forced into taking that risk just because the parent couldn't care, ground meat should always be cooked throughly due to risks of parasites an bacteria, its not the same as whole cuts that can be eaten pink since anything wrong would be on the outside

Over here it would just be a huge no no to have pink burgers an places would get in trouble for it, my dad as a head chef would have a fit if he seen us eat a pink burger, you are really taking chances with that, if adults want to risk it then fine but kids certainly shouldn't be forced into taking that risk just because the parent couldn't care, ground meat should always be cooked throughly due to risks of parasites an bacteria, its not the same as whole cuts that can be eaten pink since anything wrong would be on the outside
I wouldn't eat one rare. My fiance grew up on a ranch and always grimaces when he sees Gordon Ramsay or whoever makes a burger anything less than well done because of the parts of the cow ground meat is made of. And it's funny because he hates having well done everything else. But seriously, I usually end up having to listen to a ten minute rant about brain worms every time there's a pink burger.

Oh and I really do like the Milk Street cookbooks. The show may be a bit lackluster, but the cookbooks are great. The skillet book they released last month has been my weekday meal cookbook of choice for the past month. Made some decent Thai chicken on Friday that took under an hour.

Reactions: 9
What the duck did I just watch?! Was a significant portion of that video seriously a musical montage of crotches grocery shopping?!?! I need a drink...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wouldn't eat one rare. My fiance grew up on a ranch and always grimaces when he sees Gordon Ramsay or whoever makes a burger anything less than well done because of the parts of the cow ground meat is made of. And it's funny because he hates having well done everything else. But seriously, I usually end up having to listen to a ten minute rant about brain worms every time there's a pink burger.

Oh and I really do like the Milk Street cookbooks. The show may be a bit lackluster, but the cookbooks are great. The skillet book they released last month has been my weekday meal cookbook of choice for the past month. Made some decent Thai chicken on Friday that took under an hour.
Lol my mum likes watching Gordon Ramsey but my dad can't stand him 😅 makes TV intresting to watch, my dad will give me a row if I give him duck or steak etc that isn't rare, i used to hate seeing anything pink but am getting used to having whole cuts as pink now, but as much as my dad hates Gordon he would certainly turn into him if I served ground meat as pink, he'd be doing the "what are you, a idiot sandwich" with the bun to me over that 😂

Also never heard of milk street cookbooks, I'll need to look that up, I try an find as much recipes as I can to give them a try for somthing new then just adapt how I see fit to them

Reactions: 5
J$'s burger is definitely pink and looks medium rare. Kid's burgers should ALWAYS be cooked through (well done). As an adult I eat medium or medium-well burgers when I'm at a decent restaurant. I trust they're using good enough food hygiene to keep me safe and I've never had any issues. But you don't take those risks with kids, even if you're making it yourself. I mean...you guys tell me what his burger looks like.
jburg.png
burgtemp.png

• Sick
Reactions: 13
What the duck did I just watch?! Was a significant portion of that video seriously a musical montage of crotches grocery shopping?!?! I need a drink...
I'm wondering if drinking is the problem. Jenn needs to lay off the booze.

Totally agree - it's the same here in Canada

Reactions: 4
J$'s burger is definitely pink and looks medium rare. Kid's burgers should ALWAYS be cooked through (well done). As an adult I eat medium or medium-well burgers when I'm at a decent restaurant. I trust they're using good enough food hygiene to keep me safe and I've never had any issues. But you don't take those risks with kids, even if you're making it yourself. I mean...you guys tell me what his burger looks like.
View attachment 1342659View attachment 1342660
Yeah that just doesn't look done, it's one thing to go to a restaurant an have pink (still don't believe in that) an another to do it yourself, a restaurant is going to have qualified chefs that know what they are doing an are experienced or at least they should be, doing anything yourself it should be done right, unless you have those years of training, qualifications an experience then you need to always make sure food is cooked throughly an juices run clear ESPECIALLY for a child when it comes to a lot of meat, I can't quite remember but he done this on a BBQ as well right? Which personally is even worse because heats on bbqs change, they aren't controlled as much as a stove, even I don't cook burgers alone on the bbq, I still get my dad to check an I'd say am quite confident with food

The last thing she needs is encouragement 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.