The Tim Tracker #141 The World Is Our Septic Tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See I’m originally from Florida and I have always pronounced it where it rhymes with sewer, but honestly, it makes more sense for it to be pronounced tour like pour, so I think I’m just going to start saying it that way because it actually makes a lot more sense in my head.
I realize this is the black and gold dress debate but I have really changed my mind. At the beginning I was totally team sewer but now I’m team pour😂😂😂
If it’s a regional thing I think we need the Eagle Creek HOA board members to weigh in. Which is it. Tore or tewer?
---
I'll bite...

Pecan pronounced like pee-can = toilet sorry commode (this is a Tracker thread)!

Pecan pronounced like puh-kahn = nut from a tree that can put in things like pies and ice cream
Alexa says pee-kahn.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Here you go- Webster’s pronunciations of tour:

and for pecan (it has both 😂)

Reactions: 9
OK I’m gonna bring this back up. I’m watching PMM in Boston and he also pronounces tour, tore. And then I started thinking about it, and I thought why do we pronounce it Tour where it rhymes with sewer when it’s spelled like Pour and we don’t say pewer?🤔
Maybe Tore is the more correct pronunciation
Well we also say “poor” as pour and not poo-er you may be on too something…

but then tourist is not tore-ist and tournament not tore-nament

isn’t the English language delightful?

Reactions: 8
Here you go- Webster’s pronunciations of tour:

and for pecan (it has both 😂)
“Tower” I knew it!
IMG_5667.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I popped over and had a look at this vid - to his credit he appears genuinely enthusiastic and certainly knows an awful lot more adjectives than Tim does when it comes to describing the food - he will even try things he doesn't like (in this case truffles). His other non Disney vids look interesting so I'll definitely view a few of them.

Weirdly though he has 1.4 million followers, but each vid seems to only garner between 30-40k views. That's a worse engagement percentage than TT .
He has or had three channels, this one, song parodies, and a toy/action figure unboxing one. seems most people follow him on all three hence the numbers.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry everyone. This is all my fault. I just grew tired of seeing people post “tore” as an insult to the Trackholes when I was sure many people here pronounce it the same way. I also thought arguing over “tore” and “toor” was really splitting hairs. The rhymes with “sour” or “sewer” I had never heard, so now I understand why “tore” sounds ridiculous to some. Where I ended up at was if you pronounce it tower and I pronounce it tore, you probably wouldn’t give a tit. If you pronounce it tower and TIM pronounces it tore, it pisses you off. I totally get that.

“Melk,” however is entirely indefensible.
(Unless, of course, he’s referring to whatever comes outta Jenn’s lactation stations, ‘cause I’m sure whatever it is can’t technically be called “Milk”)
IMG_8812.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is the editor extraordinaire on strike? No video yesterday and it's past 8pm here in Florida and still nothing.

I wonder if Jenn has wasted her day watching us debate tore/tewer and didn't get the chance to edit? I'm hoping for an outdoor kitchen/lanai update.

ETA: Never mind, today was Parent Orientation night at school. I'm sure Jenn had to spend most of the day getting mentally prepared and Tim had to wash his good Haunted Mansion/We're Dying shirt. I wonder if that will bring on a live show tonight? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So to change the subject. Notice how Jen said on the last live that her “side job” was sponsorships. And the only reason they did sponsorships was because they “already used Aura frames and Native deodorant”… ok sure jan. In reality it was just the only two companies to have reached out to them to do it otherwise we know they would have. I’m wondering why they haven’t had more sponsored content in the past. Even super crappy YouTubers with way less subscribers have consistent sponsorships. Anyone know?

Reactions: 17
So to change the subject. Notice how Jen said on the last live that her “side job” was sponsorships. And the only reason they did sponsorships was because they “already used Aura frames and Native deodorant”… ok sure jan. In reality it was just the only two companies to have reached out to them to do it otherwise we know they would have. I’m wondering why they haven’t had more sponsored content in the past. Even super crappy YouTubers with way less subscribers have consistent sponsorships. Anyone know?
They don’t know what they are doing 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OK I’m gonna bring this back up. I’m watching PMM in Boston and he also pronounces tour, tore. And then I started thinking about it, and I thought why do we pronounce it Tour where it rhymes with sewer when it’s spelled like Pour and we don’t say pewer?🤔
Maybe Tore is the more correct pronunciation
And another wrench, up here the old folks say puer while we say pore. We also say pewh-er for poor and merry and marry sound different!:LOL:
Our older accent sounds like a softer King Robert from GOT= The eurly buerd catches the weurm. It's sad we're losing it- Grab yah puerse Linder and meet me in the doohyahd, we're gointah Maaaaaahden's.
People love when I tuernt it uahp fahr'em.
It's also really easy for me to do a very convincing Aussie/Oz accent.
* The actor who played Judd from Pet Sematary did a passible job.

And another wrench, up here the old folks say puer while we say pore. We also say pewh-er for poor and merry and marry sound different!:LOL:
Our older accent sounds like a softer King Robert from GOT= The eurly buerd catches the weurm. It's sad we're losing it- Grab yah puerse Linder and meet me in the doohyahd, we're gointah Maaaaaahden's.
People love when I tuernt it uahp fahr'em.
It's also really easy for me to do a very convincing Aussie/Oz accent.
* The actor who played Judd from Pet Sematary did a passible job.
I never expected a reference to Bobby B here in the Tracker thread 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
At seaworld today. Can not understand why he thinks he needs so many accessories.
He looks like such a tool with all that crap hanging off of him. Surely there has to be smaller cameras that he can film with. What is with the awkward 👍🏼 With people? I wonder I feel he tells them to do a 👍🏼👍🏼.

Reactions: 21
I'm sure this is just a food/beverage sampler card, but the optics are...well...not good for their "we don't drink" lie they put out all the time.

1691458736132.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
At seaworld today. Can not understand why he thinks he needs so many accessories.
He appears to be there for the craft beer festival per his lanyard. What an odd event to cover considering he doesn’t drink. It’s a weekend event only.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.