The Tim Tracker #141 The World Is Our Septic Tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get it. I'm a freelance writer and I used to write about resorts and areas for businesspeople. Marriott Orlando was one of them. It doesn't scream family vacation and they shouldn't be associated with the Trackers imo. The whole thing is odd, including the event.
Indeed, looking up information online, the Marriott Orlando World Center shuttle system to Disney still looks like a giant pain in the ass to schedule and coordinate. You have to schedule it in advance.

Reactions: 11
I see he’s in the live FB video on the Marriott page. He looks so creepy. I’m sure he’s holding Jackson to lighten the creep-factor, but it’s not working. I guess this is why Jenn was holding Tim’s hairy balls outside of the pool.

IMG_1836.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
These Orlando Mukbangers better watch out, there is a new kid in town…

Timmy Alvarez from Timmy’s Takeout just did his first Magic kingdom video. He won’t be everybody’s cup of tea but his food descriptions and videography are leaps and bounds beyond what any of the current batch of regulars are churning out

I really enjoy his videos. I know no one is 100% themselves on YouTube, but dammit if he really just seems like a really decent person who is truly happy making his videos. I hope he doesn't go too far into the Disney vlogging, cause he seems to genuinely enjoy it now and I don't want to see him get jaded by it like so many others seem to. Plus anyone who loves Taco Bell as much as he does is A-OK in my book.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Even though Marriott didn’t respond to the truthful comments, doesn’t mean they didn’t read them. I would hope that it would prompt them to review the video(s) to see for themselves. And hopefully never comp them a stay ever again.

So tonight we’re supposed to get a nasty storm and we’ve had a tornado watch all afternoon that goes into the night, but guess what…I’m still taking my son to his swim lessons. Crazy, we have umbrellas here and even raincoats. 🤷🏻‍♀️ who knew? Lol. Maybe I should pay the neighbor to take him while I stay home.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Couldn't agree more about catering to business travelers. I stayed there a few years back for a conference that was being held at Swan & Dolphin (my boss missed the cutoff for rooms there because he sucked ass lol). This Marriot felt like 80% business travelers and 20% families staying offsite for the theme parks. Nothing about the stay screamed "family resort" to me.
I think Marriott may be trying to change that image. Over the last couple of years, they've added water slides are water park features that look like they would really appeal to families with older children. I won't give Dimmie a view, did he even mention any of this stuff? Of course, their kids are too young for this, but still, why wouldn't you highlight it?

1691438413479.png

Reactions: 8
OK I’m gonna bring this back up. I’m watching PMM in Boston and he also pronounces tour, tore. And then I started thinking about it, and I thought why do we pronounce it Tour where it rhymes with sewer when it’s spelled like Pour and we don’t say pewer?🤔
Maybe Tore is the more correct pronunciation

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
OK I’m gonna bring this back up. I’m watching PMM in Boston and he also pronounces tour, tore. And then I started thinking about it, and I thought why do we pronounce it Tour where it rhymes with sewer when it’s spelled like Pour and we don’t say pewer?🤔
I admit, I giggled when I read this. From now on, when I pour my drink, I'm going to start saying "pewer". "Excuse me while I pewer my beer." 😂 This way I'll feel better when I say tour that rhymes with sewer. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I also just think it depends on where you're from. My husbands family is from the South and they would pronounce it where it rhymes with sewer. My family and I would pronounce it "tore" and our accents are more Midwestern and West Coast.
---
Wait do Florida people pronounce detour as de-tore?
I pronounce it de-tore 🤣 😬 but also, how else is it pronounced? Haha!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't get it. I'm a freelance writer and I used to write about resorts and areas for businesspeople. Marriott Orlando was one of them. It doesn't scream family vacation and they shouldn't be associated with the Trackers imo. The whole thing is odd, including the event.
Good point. let's cater to business travelers yet attract families with small children in and try to put on kiddy entertainment for them. :cautious:
As a business traveler, I don't care to have a bunch of kids running around, screaming and taking up the pool relaxing areas. Especially when I was trying to focus or conduct business. I've also seen my fair share of rowdy business travelers that are on the company credit card or being wine'd and dined by vendors. It is NOT a family friendly environment.
Like I said, inviting a bunch of vloggers to come out to video a bunch of kids in the pool to showcase their event was not well thought out. I would have been TICKED if I took my young child to a pool event and found out a bunch of vloggers had been invited out by the hotel. :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Wait do Florida people pronounce detour as de-tore?
I say de-tore. I live in Florida but I have a heavily masked NY accent. I’m good friends with Staten Island Tony that @Rebelle mentioned earlier. 😜

It would never in a million years occur to me to say tour like sewer. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say it that way. Tour rhymes with pour which sounds the same as tore and pore.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I say de-tore. I live in Florida but I have a heavily masked NY accent. I’m good friends with Staten Island Tony that @Rebelle mentioned earlier. 😜

It would never in a million years occur to me to say tour like sewer. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say it that way. Tour rhymes with pour which sounds the same as tore and pore.
That's how I always heard it and said it. I live im Massachusetts all my life. This thread has me so confused over the sewer and tour pronunciation. I feel like I took crazy pills.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I also pronounce it Tore. If I were to say it so it rhymes with sewer I would have to do so in a Stewie Griffin voice, otherwise it would just sound weird.

The Tim Tracker #142: Tour or Tore? Tattle cares more about this than the Trackers do about parenting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

See I’m originally from Florida and I have always pronounced it where it rhymes with sewer, but honestly, it makes more sense for it to be pronounced tour like pour, so I think I’m just going to start saying it that way because it actually makes a lot more sense in my head.
I realize this is the black and gold dress debate but I have really changed my mind. At the beginning I was totally team sewer but now I’m team pour😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think Marriott may be trying to change that image. Over the last couple of years, they've added water slides are water park features that look like they would really appeal to families with older children. I won't give Dimmie a view, did he even mention any of this stuff? Of course, their kids are too young for this, but still, why wouldn't you highlight it?

View attachment 2364107
And who can forget Mingo!?
IMG_5626.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Being from central NJ I have many SI friends. So you know exactly what I’m talking about and know it’s not an exaggeration.

I also say tour as tore, but I for damn sure don’t say “Melk” or “Chak-lit” 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Since this truly is more interesting to me than the Slackers right now...I took a poll. Went around the office and showed them the word TOUR written on a paper and asked them to pronounce it or use it in a sentence. :ROFLMAO:
I got a mix of tore, tewer (two syllables) and tewr (one syllable). So, the English language in the same region. 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.