The Tim Tracker #141 The World Is Our Septic Tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic- I'm a East Coast girly who has never been to Disneyland.. I found am awesome deal at the Howard Johnson with a park view( please tell me if the hotel is nice/worth it) I only have about a week to take my kiddo in May of next year( is this a good time to go?) Is two days enough to see everything at DL and DCA? We want to do Universal Hollywood as well! I'll take any advice you might have 😁

Reactions: 9
I will admit, I'm not fancy enough to say that I've ever ordered room service at a Marriott, but doesn't room service come on a tray? Isn't room service served on actual plates not cardboard boxes and plastic containers? With those cute little salt and pepper shakers?
Lots of hotels are doing room service like this now, just dropping a bag at the door like door dash.

Reactions: 5
Off topic- I'm a East Coast girly who has never been to Disneyland.. I found am awesome deal at the Howard Johnson with a park view( please tell me if the hotel is nice/worth it) I only have about a week to take my kiddo in May of next year( is this a good time to go?) Is two days enough to see everything at DL and DCA? We want to do Universal Hollywood as well! I'll take any advice you might have 😁

2 days is probably not enough time. DL is a one day park IF you go all day until end of park close, but when we went many rides were closed temporarily so we didn't get on a few that we wanted to. We didn't make it to DCA, but did go to Universal Hollywood. Honestly we could have taken another Universal day because Mario was packed to the rafters and we spent the majority of our time there and at Harry Potter/Simpsons land.

I would maybe say 3-4 days for Universal, DL, and DCA, unless you have been there before and don't mind missing a few things here and there. At DL, these rides were closed and reopened at some point during the day and night: Small World, Alice in Wonderland, Mr Toad, Space Mountain, Small World again, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey and Minnie's RR, Jungle Cruise x 2. Alice and Mr Toad were closed till early evening. Staffing issues? I am not sure what was up. We got on everything except 2-3 rides, but went for 14+ hours using LL strategically.

I have never been to DCA, so perhaps you could do both Disney parks in 2 days with a park hopper, but DCA has a lot of things we have never seen so we wouldn't want to rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think 2 days is not ideal but I've done it plenty of times. Definitely get park hopper of course and use the app to take advantage of what lines are shortest at which park - also take advantage of single rider for the more popular rides, but it also depends on your kid and if they're able to keep up. I would plan ahead (unlike the Bojos) and prioritize what you absolutely want to ride and do and what you could live without doing and do LL. You won't be able to hit up all the rides but not all of the rides need to be hit up TBH. I've managed to squeeze quite a bit in just 2 days even during the week of Christmas with a young nephew - we even happened to get lucky and take pics with Mickey when he was just wandering around Main Street instead of having to go to his house in ToonTown and stand in line. Plus we were there right at opening every morning so we could rope drop rides like Peter Pan. And we didn't go back to the hotel for naps, my nephew would just nap in his stroller. We still even had time to sit and wait and watch a parade and sit down to eat meals.

Universal Hollywood would have to be its own separate day, especially if you plan on having the same hotel as your base - traffic is no joke! Your hotel will be just fine - I've stayed there before and the location can't be beat, you can just walk across the street and you'll hardly be there anyway - for a fast-paced quick trip it's not worth it to spend too much on the hotel itself.

Reactions: 7
Definitely. I stayed at HJ once with a friend, kids loved the water park part of it too.

I'd get park hoppers for sure.

I'm a former DLR AP, and went ALL THE TME before we moved! Make sure you will get a different hotel at Universal because driving between Anaheim and where Universal is is a damned nightmare! The 5 and the 101 are no joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey Jenn, I saw the weirdest thing today at the grocery store. It was a dad and 4(yes Jenn, FOUR) little kids, the youngest probably under a year old. So I'm confused because you always act like you are the first person ever to have two children thus the need for a nanny, and here is this guy out early in the morning all by himself with four kids.
I refuse to believe in this sorcery

Who even knows anymore. They are a strange couple and she has terrible editing skills. I have never witnessed someone doing the exact same thing for 10 years straight with zero improvement.
they are getting worse. Incredibly worse.

Reactions: 13
Thank you for this information. I’m new to the Florida area and have been looking for an excuse to go to Gatorland. I am about 2 hours away from Orlando and I’m still trying to get settled but am planning on taking my toddler there soon.
Gatorland is surprisingly nicer than you would think it is. It is also. A huge place!
---
It's wonderful. It's one of my favorite places to visit; we go at least 1-2x a year. And the Halloween stuff they started a few years' back is so fun.

Hotties aside, it's so much more than gators - lots of different animals (not just reptiles), a nice train ride, plenty of shows, a great "swamp" walk (elevated wooden boardwalk) that takes you through real Florida and is actually a swamp area that feeds the headwaters of the Everglades, and one of the best and most well-known natural bird rookeries in the Southeast (big with wildlife photographers, dependent upon the time of year)

They play up the hillbilly schtick there but they're really a wonderful super professional facility (majorly focused on conservation and species preservation but that doesn't get much attention beyond local news; they're frequently on Fox35 in the mornings). If you ever engage with them, they immediately drop any sort of schtick and are SO knowledgeable about every animal there and love educating you about all the animals, their quirks, etc.

Plan for all day (or most of the day) (operating hours usually are 10-6), if you want a leisurely visit. They've got an AWESOME splash pad for your little one as well! Just don't expect food options to blow you away. The food is pretty standard hot dogs, burgers, chicken tenders, etc. We usually eat at Pearl's there bc there's nice covered seating, fans, and sometimes even peacocks roaming around while you're eating. :)
There are several awesome restaurants very close by though! We live in hunters creek and cannot recommend tavern at the creek enough! Fantastic tiny restaurant but the food and drinks are top notch .

Reactions: 11
Two days is fine for an overview of DL and DCA. You need another two days for Universal if you want to see everything. They are about an hour and a half away from each other. We have gone in May, and it was hot, but not FL hot. CA is gorgeous any time of year.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm wondering if it was nanny claws in one of the Gatorade shots petting one of the animals? It looked like her shade of pink nail polish? Also J4Ds in the pool w/ J$ - I'm so sorry to be this mean but that girl doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. Her interaction with her OWN SON looks so forced. Maybe it's just me. There is NOTHING FAKE about my love for my children. They put a smile on my face every day. I just don't feel that with J4Ds.

Reactions: 17
I'm wondering if it was nanny claws in one of the Gatorade shots petting one of the animals? It looked like her shade of pink nail polish? Also J4Ds in the pool w/ J$ - I'm so sorry to be this mean but that girl doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. Her interaction with her OWN SON looks so forced. Maybe it's just me. There is NOTHING FAKE about my love for my children. They put a smile on my face every day. I just don't feel that with J4Ds.
I almost thought the pink-nailed chick might be her, but the fake nails seemed too short still for Nanny Claws. And she wasn't yapping away.

It's so clear to anyone who isn't a complete dunce that Ginn only interacts with her children in "mom mode" when she's on camera (and usually she's more concerned with checking herself out on camera than genuinely interacting with her children). They both come across as two random 40-somethings who have never had to handle children before and then some random distant friend out of desperation asked them if they can watch their kids for a little bit while they handle an emergency (I don't know why else anyone would even trust these two to babysit). If I was related to either of them I wouldn't even trust them to watch my cats, let alone children if I had any.

Reactions: 24
Gatorland is surprisingly nicer than you would think it is. It is also. A huge place!
---

There are several awesome restaurants very close by though! We live in hunters creek and cannot recommend tavern at the creek enough! Fantastic tiny restaurant but the food and drinks are top notch .
Oh! Good to know! We'll have to try that place!

One of my best friends used to live in gated Tanglewood subdivision (w/ the meanest guard gate people) just off Hunters Creek Blvd, so since she moved, I don't go down there to that area as often.

Reactions: 8
Yap, my thoughts exactly. If felt so strange to watch them. If I wouldn't knew I would have never thought that this is a mom with her miracle son.....

• Sad
Reactions: 10
2 days is probably not enough time. DL is a one day park IF you go all day until end of park close, but when we went many rides were closed temporarily so we didn't get on a few that we wanted to. We didn't make it to DCA, but did go to Universal Hollywood. Honestly we could have taken another Universal day because Mario was packed to the rafters and we spent the majority of our time there and at Harry Potter/Simpsons land.

I would maybe say 3-4 days for Universal, DL, and DCA, unless you have been there before and don't mind missing a few things here and there. At DL, these rides were closed and reopened at some point during the day and night: Small World, Alice in Wonderland, Mr Toad, Space Mountain, Small World again, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey and Minnie's RR, Jungle Cruise x 2. Alice and Mr Toad were closed till early evening. Staffing issues? I am not sure what was up. We got on everything except 2-3 rides, but went for 14+ hours using LL strategically.

I have never been to DCA, so perhaps you could do both Disney parks in 2 days with a park hopper, but DCA has a lot of things we have never seen so we wouldn't want to rush.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I definitely meant to write two days for just DL and DCA and two days for Universal.. We have about a week to be there, I just need to allow travel days
---
Two days is fine for an overview of DL and DCA. You need another two days for Universal if you want to see everything. They are about an hour and a half away from each other. We have gone in May, and it was hot, but not FL hot. CA is gorgeous any time of year.
We are from South Carolina.. I'm not too worried about the heat.. was more thinking rainy
---
Definitely. I stayed at HJ once with a friend, kids loved the water park part of it too.

I'd get park hoppers for sure.

I'm a former DLR AP, and went ALL THE TME before we moved! Make sure you will get a different hotel at Universal because driving between Anaheim and where Universal is is a damned nightmare! The 5 and the 101 are no joke.
Any good suggestions for hotels near Universal?

Reactions: 3
She looked completely unhinged smiling for the camera in the pool. It’s like when you think your friend is taking a picture of you, but it’s actually a video but in their case, she knows damn well Tim is shooting a video so why she was tilting her head to the side, posing and smiling? Again, completely unhinged and completely unnatural.
06E51591-2C09-429F-94C5-595FCA302AF4.png
2C08CBE0-BEE8-4ADB-8B31-6837DA2A48A1.png

• Sick
Reactions: 21
She looked completely unhinged smiling for the camera in the pool. It’s like when you think your friend is taking a picture of you, but it’s actually a video but in their case, she knows damn well Tim is shooting a video so why she was tilting her head to the side, posing and smiling? Again, completely unhinged and completely unnatural.
View attachment 2362017View attachment 2362019
Yeah, she just HAD to get her mug in the shot.

I am still getting the feeling they were with J in the pool for like 10 min. It gave off the vibe they got there late and almost didn't go, went in for a few minutes and took some footage, then were told to get out due to the rain/storm that rolled through. It just felt super quick and like something they filmed just to stick in the vlog to break it up with some 'family time.' 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Booked a trip for WDW in Nov & the first night of the after hours holiday at HS. Then it me that we have a high chance of seeing all the vloggers. I mentioned it to my husband & he said I am not allowed to talk to ol Timmy, but we can walk by & yell cyclops 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.