The Tim Tracker #125 The Ostrich Ate My Baby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He already did :mad:
So talking about the incident and sharing his feelings is exploiting it?

I am familiar with who JoJo is, but don’t follow him that closely.

I did watch the video where he discussed this.
In my opinion he was still processing the incident and was trying to be respectful and sensitive to the person’s family.

I appreciate the fact that he said something terrible happened on the cruise and cautioned the viewers that they might want to turn off the video.

Since the beginning of his channel he has tried to foster positivity.
“Life is a gift. Cherish every moment of it”

This was JoJo’s pinned message in the comments:
A159359E-9B3F-4C4C-B7F8-8C3ADBE6D34F.jpeg

So @WTG, if this is exploitation in your eyes then so be it.

Reactions: 8
I wouldn't call that word vomit exploitation, but it is extra bleeping cringe (and if I was that woman's family, I'd really feel some way about it - don't use her death as a shallow PSA on a vlog you'll profit from).

Trying to get past the atrocious grammar, the dude spent more time typing about himself and his people and how HE felt. It's not your moment bro. And then oh noes, people feeling sad while on vacation. People who are still alive and not related to the woman and didn't know her. I don't watch this Jojo dude, but what about the vlog is supposed to "provide some perspective about what happened" and why would he think it's his place to do that? This isn't Dateline? It's none of his business or anyone else's, frankly?? Is it even confirmed the death was a suicide?

I had a former friend who was an absolute heartless almost-bullying bleep to a mutual friend who was deeply depressed and had barely survived a suicide attempt. Sometime after I remember her posting one of those stupid "copy/paste if you think mental health is important. please know you can talk to me and i will be there for you" on her social media and oooh boy, I had to fight the urge to call her out on her hypocrisy but she just wasn't worth it.

My inauthenticity bullshit meter is going off with this poorly written description. Maybe he should donate the proceeds of the vlog to a suicide prevention nonprofit (may I recommend American Foundation for Suicide Prevention? I've volunteered with them and participated in and fundraised for their annual walk almost every year pre-pandemic as a way to help cope with the loss of friends I've lost to suicide).

Sorry but all these vloggers just keep stepping in it because they just can't help themselves and while it's not a crime, it doesn't need defending and they should do better.

I'm sure BetterHelp would be happy to sponsor him though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I wouldn't call that word vomit exploitation, but it is extra bleeping cringe (and if I was that woman's family, I'd really feel some way about it - don't use her death as a shallow PSA on a vlog you'll profit from).

Trying to get past the atrocious grammar, the dude spent more time typing about himself and his people and how HE felt. It's not your moment bro. And then oh noes, people feeling sad while on vacation. People who are still alive and not related to the woman and didn't know her. I don't watch this Jojo dude, but what about the vlog is supposed to "provide some perspective about what happened" and why would he think it's his place to do that? This isn't Dateline? It's none of his business or anyone else's, frankly?? Is it even confirmed the death was a suicide?

I had a former friend who was an absolute heartless almost-bullying bleep to a mutual friend who was deeply depressed and had barely survived a suicide attempt. Sometime after I remember her posting one of those stupid "copy/paste if you think mental health is important. please know you can talk to me and i will be there for you" on her social media and oooh boy, I had to fight the urge to call her out on her hypocrisy but she just wasn't worth it.

My inauthenticity bullshit meter is going off with this poorly written description. Maybe he should donate the proceeds of the vlog to a suicide prevention nonprofit (may I recommend American Foundation for Suicide Prevention? I've volunteered with them and participated in and fundraised for their annual walk almost every year pre-pandemic as a way to help cope with the loss of friends I've lost to suicide).

Sorry but all these vloggers just keep stepping in it because they just can't help themselves and while it's not a crime, it doesn't need defending and they should do better.

^^^^100%this. Maybe not true exploitation, BUT definitely not his place to discuss this person‘s suicide. HE DIDN‘T KNOW HER!!! Just another asshole cashing in on someone else’s situation for bleeping content. Pathetic.
#homemovies

Reactions: 21

Yep.
3 sentences that included 4 "i"s, 1 "me", and 1 "we".

Reactions: 17
Is he monetizing the vlog? Does it include any reference to the suicide? Does it include footage of the aftermath? (e.g., people confused, people walking around concerned, etc.)

If YES, then he's exploiting it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Did the Trackers delete the video of Ginn speeding in the golf cart with J$'s car seat strapped to the back seat? I've been searching and can't find it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Is he monetizing the vlog? Does it include any reference to the suicide? Does it include footage of the aftermath? (e.g., people confused, people walking around concerned, etc.)

I mean he mentions in the title that a tragic incident happened on his cruise and went into more detail in the description. Also for all this talk about suicide, I don't believe it's been proven to be one

Reactions: 14
I mean he mentions in the title that a tragic incident happened on his cruise and went into more detail in the description. Also for all this talk about suicide, I don't believe it's been proven to be one
Yeah, I don't know anything about the actual situation at all.

I don't even know the name of JoJo's channel. I've never watched.

I just remember seeing some footage once of him taking Paula Abdul around and her trying to shut him up at one point by putting her hand over his mouth. :ROFLMAO:

But I don't believe for one second anything these vloggers do is out of pure altruism, as based on poor past vlogger behavior as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

JoJo spoke briefly about the incident at the beginning of his otherwise regular video. What places him firmly in the exploitation arena is his clickbait title “A Tragic Incident Happened on my Virgin Voyages Cruise”

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
JoJo spoke briefly about the incident at the beginning of his otherwise regular video. What places him firmly in the exploitation arena is his clickbait title “A Tragic Incident Happened on my Virgin Voyages Cruise”
I don't watch that fool, but he has a lot of titles I would consider clickbait. But hey, at least he doesn't use a ! in every title! 🤪

Reactions: 5
There are a few channels with clickbait titles that came up last night in my YT recommended feed. It seems the entire vlogger community is nothing but bottom feeders trying to get views from each other by hyping titles. I actually tweeted La Lido Loca and Don’s Family channels about clickbait bullshit titles. Don is a tool, but I did like Tony (LLL) for a minute before I noticed he started using clickbait and then would address the extreme title at the END of his videos. I stopped watching after about 3 weeks.
#homemovies

Reactions: 10
So talking about the incident and sharing his feelings is exploiting it?

I am familiar with who JoJo is, but don’t follow him that closely.

I did watch the video where he discussed this.
In my opinion he was still processing the incident and was trying to be respectful and sensitive to the person’s family.

I appreciate the fact that he said something terrible happened on the cruise and cautioned the viewers that they might want to turn off the video.

Since the beginning of his channel he has tried to foster positivity.
“Life is a gift. Cherish every moment of it”

This was JoJo’s pinned message in the comments:
View attachment 2079185

So @WTG, if this is exploitation in your eyes then so be it.
^^^^100%this. Maybe not true exploitation, BUT definitely not his place to discuss this person‘s suicide. HE DIDN‘T KNOW HER!!! Just another asshole cashing in on someone else’s situation for bleeping content. Pathetic.
#homemovies
Agree^^^^^^^ if he wanted to do a PSA perhaps do one once you have returned , had time to process , and put forth a caring compassionate vlog. To immediately put this out there while still on the cruise to me personally screams monetization off of a tragedy . In addition whomever for fact told him it was suicide is also questionable, and Im sure those close to her who perhaps witnessed this were certainly not discussing it with JOJO. None of the news coverage mentions suicide, perhaps it was an alcoholic tragic fall. Just my personal feelings on this, no disrespect to what others may think.

Reactions: 16
There are a few channels with clickbait titles that came up last night in my YT recommended feed. It seems the entire vlogger community is nothing but bottom feeders trying to get views from each other by hyping titles. I actually tweeted La Lido Loca and Don’s Family channels about clickbait bullshit titles. Don is a tool, but I did like Tony (LLL) for a minute before I noticed he started using clickbait and then would address the extreme title at the END of his videos. I stopped watching after about 3 weeks.
#homemovies
Yeah unfortunately competition breeds clickbait. I like LLL and he has addressed clickbait and fully admits that he does it. I felt he handled the situation well but he is also branded as a cruise news channel and not a vlog. I can’t stand Don.

Reactions: 6
Did the Trackers delete the video of Ginn speeding in the golf cart with J$'s car seat strapped to the back seat? I've been searching and can't find it.
I believe it was from a live stream of the Halloween decorations at Fort Wilderness.

Reactions: 7
Exactly! He was trying to talk about it as if it was suicide and link it to his own fake mental health struggles for sympathy. The title of his video shows that he was looking to get clicks and profit off of the tragedy. And he started his video by saying something happened and did his spiel about mental health and suicide, cut to boarding the ship and having fun onboard, then waited until the end to explain what happened, just to keep viewers watching.

There’s no end to the depravity of all these vloggers. They’re all losers, can’t have a career or start their own business, so they have to leech off of the Disney brand. They’ll film anything if the think it’ll earn them money.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Here's the video:

That was from their stay this last year where they rented the RV, not the Jackson's Wild Ride video.

Here's where they talk about trying to go live from FW to live stream the decorations. They definitely took that live down.

I have it set to start where they talk about going live, but this video also features Jenn's infamous Pooh run at Magic Kingdom!

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.