Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
I just wish Kate would get proper treatment for the bulimia she is clearly suffering from, probably thanks to her unfaithful husband!!
You’ve posted similar posts in the William and Kate thread as well and speculating on an eating disorder just feels inappropriate and not okay. She looks very physically fit and healthy when she does sporty engagements, and considering all the leaks on everything else from the palace, it says something that there’s never been any rumours of speculation of an eating disorder. Some people are just slim and like being slim so work out and eat healthy to maintain it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Honeystar

VIP Member
Tbh as someone not at all interested in football, men’s or women’s, I just think this whole thing has been totally blown out of proportion and is classic of the UK who is so obsessed with the sport. It’s a sport. Yes it’s a fantastic achievement and I hope they win but at the moment the press are all focusing on why a middle aged privileged man isn’t going when they should be focused on the excellent achievements of a group of women, many from less than privileged backgrounds

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Honeystar

VIP Member
Being controlled and keeping physically fit and slim is not the same as having an eating disorder. Just like liking things neat and tidy is not the same as OCD. It’s really not hard to wrap your head around.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I would have a lot more time and respect for Harry if he said he had been in a very lucky position and had support and help after his tour of Afghanistan but he wanted to highlight that most serving soldiers don't get that and it needs to change.

But no. We get Harry the Victim again. Fuck Off.

Reactions: 24

Lammington

VIP Member
Not for me, she comes over as sappy and even more irrelevant than the rest of them. It would have been so much more refreshing to see somebody with a bit of personality, she just bores me.
If she manages to annoy people by not having opinions, imagine how many she'd annoy by speaking about them.

I think when it comes to the royals, the women are always judged more harshly, and those who marry in even more so. The media will either hold them as the darlings of the nation or go for the throat, and sometimes both in the same week.
If Kate and William show up at the same event, say and do the same things, and each wear suitably appropriate outfits, you'll see Kate's outfit picked apart and her actions questioned, while William might get a brief comment.

In her position, the safest option is to be seen as boring. Boring is harder to talk about.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
You’ve posted similar posts in the William and Kate thread as well and speculating on an eating disorder just feels inappropriate and not okay. She looks very physically fit and healthy when she does sporty engagements, and considering all the leaks on everything else from the palace, it says something that there’s never been any rumours of speculation of an eating disorder. Some people are just slim and like being slim so work out and eat healthy to maintain it.
Exactly! It’s like slim people can’t be naturally slim without people assuming they have an eating disorder. I have two naturally slim friends who have people say really rude comments like ‘do you starve yourself’?

Also with the ‘unfaithful husband’ bit again 🙄 she never looks unhappy. You never see any strain between them as a couple. Some people just grasp at straws.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I doubt that Pippa chose her daughter's name just to stop the rumours. I do think that if the rumours had been true she wouldn't have chosen it.

Reactions: 22

Honeystar

VIP Member
I’ve never really got the judgement on the Middletons for sending their kids to get the best education and the best opportunities, wouldn’t anyone do that if they could afford it? It’s also unsurprisingly always Carole who is portrayed as some pushy mother who convinced her daughters to chase after rich men as if Mike didn’t have a say in where his kids went to school etc

Reactions: 21

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I know I keep saying it 😊 but putting the fact it’s William to one side, I think the President of the FA should be there to see a national team in a football World Cup final for the first time in 57 years. Whether that’s World Cup Willie, Geoff Hurst or William himself is irrelevant. The figurehead of the English FA should be there.

Reactions: 21

Honeystar

VIP Member
Oh honestly I say this all the time but the worst thing Harry has ever done for himself was leave the well oiled PR team of the palace because it has revealed the real him. I don’t think he has changed or Meghan has changed him, this is who he has always been but the palace PR around him was so good none of us ever knew. I’ve no doubt it’s the same for most if not all of them.

You also look at all the staff they’ve gone through since they left and the fact that none of their projects have had much success (40X40 anyone?) apart from the ones that are about trashing the royals and revealing the gossip of course -I genuinely don’t think he realised he had access to the very best people and help whilst he was a royal and could effectively do anything at the click of his fingers, now he’s having to actually put the work in or find people who can do it for him

Reactions: 20

hehehe

VIP Member
She's had 10+ years to get good at speaking in public with the best help on hand it just adds to the proof that her and William are work shy.
Really ignorant comment. Public speaking is a bigger fear than death for most people and a big weakness of many, even people who have had coaching, hypnosis etc still cannot be natural doing it. I've had 10+ years of client facing jobs + hypnotherapy and still am not good at public speaking.

Honeystar

VIP Member
Whilst I think the Rose rumour had to come from somewhere and something, I can’t see Pippa naming her daughter Rose if it was true. The Middletons may be ambitious but Pippa is literally married to a billionaire, she doesn’t need to be naming her child to accommodate her sister social climbing. Kate and Wills could divorce tomorrow and Pippa would still be married to a billionaire and Kate the mother of the future King, I think their social climbing days are officially complete 😂

Honeystar

VIP Member
Genuine question though, when Kate goes to Wimbledon every year as Patron this thread is always full of people saying “nice day out” “it’s not work it’s watching tennis” but now it’s Williams JOB to go to the final… so which is it? Is it a nice day out to show support or is it their job to be there in person?

I would argue as president of the FA it’s his job to support football from grassroots up, which includes supporting the national team but is much wider than that. He seems to have a good personal relationship with a lot of the team which can only have been built from multiple meetings with them etc. If he’d ignored the comp all together fine but he met them all before they left (and told them he wouldn’t be able to make the final in person) and has supported from home all through the matches and I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t an engagement planned for the next few weeks once they’re home too. I don’t know, I think I would rather he does meaningful work in the role, such as the men’s mental health/football initiative he launched a couple of years ago, than just using it as a chance to go to watch games.

From a PR perspective he should have gone but William has never done much for PR, but in terms of his role as President I don’t think he had to be there in person, just my personal opinion.

Reactions: 19

Honeystar

VIP Member
Whilst I totally am in the camp that they don’t work enough or put enough effort in, I can’t fault her for not being a public speaker.

If you compare her to 10 years ago she has in fact improved quite a lot and has clearly put work into it. At the end of the day we aren’t all good at everything and she’s not the heir or the future head of state so her public speaking skills aren’t particularly important. The fact that she does any at all when it’s clearly difficult for her is commendable IMO

Lammington

VIP Member
William is popular because he is not Charles, Harry or Andrew. He is the altenative - but really, we don't know much about him.
Not knowing much about him likely helps.

For the most part, people want royals that are pretty to look at and that they can project their own assumptions and preferences onto. Some want to believe they're authoritarian and traditional, some want to believe they're progressive, some want to believe they're living out a childhood fairytale.
As soon as they're presented as real and flawed humans with their own personality, outside of what can be imagined upon them, they tend to be less popular.

Just look at Diana - when she was young, beautiful, and devoid of a strong public persona she was loved. The public turned when her flaws were apparent, and loved her again when she was dead and they could posthumously rewrite her personality to suit their preferences at will.

pinkrobot

VIP Member
His Dad is King not him and in his 70s, still 20 years younger than the Queen at her death. The Prince also has a young family unlike his father.

The Prince has plenty of time to take over the main role full time in 10 or 20 years when his father likely steps down from the role if he is still alive by then
He is POW now and should be doing that job full time. He is in his 40s. His kids are no longer babies, they are all at school (and they have the luxury of a full time nanny and endless household staff).

They both really need to be stepping it up massively. Their last engagement was 5 weeks ago (the Wimbledon Men’s Final). And I say all this as a royalist.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
She’s a full time working Royal. If she doesn’t want to be a full time working Royal, then don’t be … but don’t get the perks of it either.
---

My unfounded speculation is that William didn’t go to Australia for no other reason than it fell in his holidays.
I never get why people say "They're children are young and want ot spend time with them" - No other working family get the luxury of dipping in and out of work when they feel like it to spend time with their children. Also, they're children are all at school at this point so they're not event there for most of the day if you factor in extra curricular stuff and travel back and fourth etc.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think too much is being made of him not going. It's not as if his presence is going to make a big difference to the team or he's going to contribute anything to the occasion. He'd just be sat in the stand and he'd pop up in the crowd shots a few times.
I don’t know, this is the first time in football the English team has got to the finals in nearly 60 years! It’s pretty unprecedented. Spain is sending their Queen and heir. If Camilla can’t go because of her age (as people have suggested) maybe there is an argument to be had about elderly heads of state. But it’s poor show that the opposite side is sending their Queen and heir and we are sending…the foreign secretary. For me I personally believe that if it was the men’s William would be there and George would be trotted out in his little suit.
Women’s sport is wholly under represented and not taken seriously at all. The amount of sexist and misogynistic comments I have seen about the women’s World Cup is shocking. And not having the FA President there to support a team in the finals just shows he doesn’t care and shouldn’t even hold that role. What’s the point of him having it?

• Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Yes I don’t really agree with the tweet, it was more the video I was sharing, if you replace her with Kate the same person would say she’s doing her public duty and Meghan fans would be writing the same tweet about how she shouldn’t be there.
I don't think Kate would lead a team of competitors in a march or in their entrance to the competition or whatever they were doing. Her PR would know that that looks too self centred. I know she'd be in the audience and she presents the trophies at Wimbledon but she wouldn't be leading the team out. There's nothing wrong with Meghan being at Invictus but that video does make her look like she's hogging the limelight. She's front and centre and the injured veterans are trailing along behind her like they're there to support her and not the other way around.

• Heart

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
---
Though Australia looks likely to reject even giving Aborigines a voice in its parliament next month, let alone another monarchy referendum
---
Aboriginal people, First Nations or Indigenous Australians, not Aborigines. I’ve told you this before so I’m not sure why you’re continuing to use an outdated and offensive colonial term if you want anyone to take you seriously.

• Heart