The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if they’re on holiday somewhere and digging their heels in…the video could well be prerecorded. If that comes out the backlash will be quite significant particularly when there are views that W&K do very little and yet continue to live a life of unimaginable luxury.
It'll never come out though. They'll just negotiate giving them some extra pics of the kids or some exclusive stories on h&m in return for keeping quiet

Reactions: 9
Genuine question though, when Kate goes to Wimbledon every year as Patron this thread is always full of people saying “nice day out” “it’s not work it’s watching tennis” but now it’s Williams JOB to go to the final… so which is it? Is it a nice day out to show support or is it their job to be there in person?

I would argue as president of the FA it’s his job to support football from grassroots up, which includes supporting the national team but is much wider than that. He seems to have a good personal relationship with a lot of the team which can only have been built from multiple meetings with them etc. If he’d ignored the comp all together fine but he met them all before they left (and told them he wouldn’t be able to make the final in person) and has supported from home all through the matches and I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t an engagement planned for the next few weeks once they’re home too. I don’t know, I think I would rather he does meaningful work in the role, such as the men’s mental health/football initiative he launched a couple of years ago, than just using it as a chance to go to watch games.

From a PR perspective he should have gone but William has never done much for PR, but in terms of his role as President I don’t think he had to be there in person, just my personal opinion.

Reactions: 19
I'm not making excuses for them. That's how it came across to me. If Charlotte is sporty and continues being very sporty into her teens she will have a valuable role to play in encouraging girls to play sport, including football. There is still an attitude out there that football is not for girls, and many formerly sport girls drop all sport when they hit their teens. A 'pretty' princess showing she'd rather be playing football or hockey or whatever is a really good, strong message.
<Bites lips and tongue and does not get back on hobby horse of why Kate, aka Sporty Royal, should be making that her focus now>

Reactions: 5
I wonder if they’re on holiday somewhere and digging their heels in…the video could well be prerecorded. If that comes out the backlash will be quite significant particularly when there are views that W&K do very little and yet continue to live a life of unimaginable luxury.
Their spokesperson has said they are watching at home in Sandringham which I’m pretty sure has only been released because they were worried the press would start digging to find out if they were on holiday to get exactly that story. I presume they wouldn’t risk outright lying about where they currently are but who knows

Reactions: 1
His Dad is King not him and in his 70s, still 20 years younger than the Queen at her death. The Prince also has a young family unlike his father.

The Prince has plenty of time to take over the main role full time in 10 or 20 years when his father likely steps down from the role if he is still alive by then
I honestly don’t think King Charles has 10 to 20 years left in him. I’d say William will be king within the next 5 to 10 years.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Their spokesperson has said they are watching at home in Sandringham which I’m pretty sure has only been released because they were worried the press would start digging to find out if they were on holiday to get exactly that story. I presume they wouldn’t risk outright lying about where they currently are but who knows
Charlotte looks quite young in the video which makes me wonder if it was a "just in case' video filmed ages ago

Yeah I don’t know if they’d go that far tbh, but there’s definitely something up. My other thought was whether either Charles or Camilla was a bit poorly and they are therefore staying close to home. I’m not sure William is that stupid to just not go given the current furore. He must know himself that his father may not have a long reign and then the focus will really be completely on him and his family. He’d be silly not to keep the focus positive in the meantime. If there’s nothing going on and he really is that arrogant towards public opinion then it’s not going to go well for him.

Reactions: 2
I was firmly on the side of William not going to Australia - too long a journey when you're supposed to be environmental friendly, bad look supporting England who've beaten Australia in Australia, fair chance England won't win 😳😳😳

But seeing Queen Letizia and Infanta Sofia celebrating with the Spanish team, I think the palace has missed a mega opportunity. Can you imagine Kate and Charlotte consoling the team after defeat

Or celebrating with them if they'd won???

Reactions: 3
<Bites lips and tongue and does not get back on hobby horse of why Kate, aka Sporty Royal, should be making that her focus now>
Kate is seen playing and watching sport. I've seen her abseil, sail, play hockey, take part in rugby training, hike, play tennis. She and William are involved with Coach Core, she's taken part in Tennis on the Road with Judy Murray, she's linked up the rugby team with Shaping Us, that's just off the top of my head. I'm not sure how she is failing there.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I don’t know if they’d go that far tbh, but there’s definitely something up. My other thought was whether either Charles or Camilla was a bit poorly and they are therefore staying close to home. I’m not sure William is that stupid to just not go given the current furore. He must know himself that his father may not have a long reign and then the focus will really be completely on him and his family. He’d be silly not to keep the focus positive in the meantime. If there’s nothing going on and he really is that arrogant towards public opinion then it’s not going to go well for him.
Look, most people are not going to storm Sandringham because the Prince didn't take a 24 hour round trip flight to watch the England womens' football team lose to Spain. This is a ridiculous media storm in a teacup, the Prince and his family watched the match on TV and he will no doubt greet the players on their return in London to thank them, who cares!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Look, most people are not going to storm Sandringham because the Prince didn't take a 24 hour round trip flight to watch the England womens' football team lose to Spain. This is a ridiculous media storm in a teacup, the Prince and his family watched the match on TV and he will no doubt greet the players on their return in London to thank them, who cares!
100% agree with you. I genuinely cannot remember any of them attending a sporting event outside of the UK.

The reaction is beyond ridiculous and it's generally by people who don't like TRF anyway. Anything to beat them with. As @Honeystar said what is it? Work or play?

• Heart
Kate is seen playing and watching sport. I've seen her abseil, sail, play hockey, take part in rugby training, hike, play tennis. She and William are involved with Coach Core, she's taken part in Tennis on the Road with Judy Murray, she's linked up the rugby team with Shaping Us, that's just off the top of my head. I'm not sure how she is failing there.
Some of those are a bit ad hoc, though and don’t follow on. Personally (which I know means nothing at all 😀 ) I would have rather she made her focus keeping young people, particularly girls, in sport when they hit the traditional drop out age rather than the early years stuff. I think it would have been a better fit for all concerned.

Reactions: 6
Some of those are a bit ad hoc, though and don’t follow on. Personally (which I know means nothing at all 😀 ) I would have rather she made her focus keeping young people, particularly girls, in sport when they hit the traditional drop out age rather than the early years stuff. I think it would have been a better fit for all concerned.
We've discussed this many times and I know you're a fellow advocate (advoKATE?) of it and I agree, she is clearly naturally sporty, you can't fake that, and her potential to have made sport and young people her focus is vast and would have had such a bigger impact than the early years route - it would I imagine have also come much more naturally to her. She could have in time launched something similar to the DofE around sport which could have been huge if executed correctly
---
I was firmly on the side of William not going to Australia - too long a journey when you're supposed to be environmental friendly, bad look supporting England who've beaten Australia in Australia, fair chance England won't win 😳😳😳

But seeing Queen Letizia and Infanta Sofia celebrating with the Spanish team, I think the palace has missed a mega opportunity. Can you imagine Kate and Charlotte consoling the team after defeat

Or celebrating with them if they'd won???
The first thing I thought when I saw the video of Letizia on the pitch with them was that i just couldn't imagine any of the UK royals doing that. It would have been a quick handshake in the dressing room....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
His Dad is King not him and in his 70s, still 20 years younger than the Queen at her death. The Prince also has a young family unlike his father.

The Prince has plenty of time to take over the main role full time in 10 or 20 years when his father likely steps down from the role if he is still alive by then
He is POW now and should be doing that job full time. He is in his 40s. His kids are no longer babies, they are all at school (and they have the luxury of a full time nanny and endless household staff).

They both really need to be stepping it up massively. Their last engagement was 5 weeks ago (the Wimbledon Men’s Final). And I say all this as a royalist.

Reactions: 19
He is POW now and should be doing that job full time. He is in his 40s. His kids are no longer babies, they are all at school (and they have the luxury of a full time nanny and endless household staff).

They both really need to be stepping it up massively. Their last engagement was 5 weeks ago (the Wimbledon Men’s Final). And I say all this as a royalist.
He'll just skip out on doing king jobs like the red boxes and cite he has to pick the kids up on a Friday from boarding school.

They need to step it up - if I were paying I would be pissed - I'd expect more of my public servants especially with the platform they have. My family in the UK are massive royalists and they have a problem with W&K's laziness... it says a lot to me that even they have talked about it.

Reactions: 5
……..Jesus Christ - so now William didn’t go in case Charles or Camilla are dying? The level of hysteria around this non event is baffling to me.

• Haha
He'll just skip out on doing king jobs like the red boxes and cite he has to pick the kids up on a Friday from boarding school.

They need to step it up - if I were paying I would be pissed - I'd expect more of my public servants especially with the platform they have. My family in the UK are massive royalists and they have a problem with W&K's laziness... it says a lot to me that even they have talked about it.

When William does become King, which will likely be not for ten years at the earliest, his children will mostly have left school and be at university or in the army.

The public don't also pay for them via taxes beyond security like they pay for the PM, government ministers, MPs and civil servants, the profits from the Crown Estate and Duchies pay for them

……..Jesus Christ - so now William didn’t go in case Charles or Camilla are dying? The level of hysteria around this non event is baffling to me.
Don’t think I actually said that 🧐 nor was it hysteric. Just mulling over reasons they may not have gone. None of us actually know what goes on and so it could actually be anything from something fairly banal to the downright shocking.

I completely agree with those who are frustrated that Kate chose early years over sports for older children. But that isn’t going to change.
I do think William should have gone and I also think the fact that he didn’t will be remembered and noted down because at some point the media will start taking swings against the Wales, it’s just what they do. This will be useful as there was some degree of annoyance over his failure to be there.
It’s worth noting though that Spanish RF is on much dodgier ground with their public after behaviour of Juan Carlos who is still angling for a return to Spain. Presumably they need every bit of good publicity going. I saw lots about their heiress to the throne going off to their version of Sandringham.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.