Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Filouette

Chatty Member
Wonder if there's any truth in this?

Swiss media have only quoted the article claiming that she's in Switzerland. No sightings and no "this is her house" kind of reporting. But they also never reported on her previous alleged stays beyond just stating that she's rumoured to be in the country.

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member
It seems that William may have a fourth child!! If the rumours are anything to go by! It seems the roses third child maybe his!! Was insulated via DM

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Um hardly. I made one other post about Camilla - hardly a rant when this is a discussion forum.

I’ve said repeatedly about Charles being just as bad, but the PR was hired specifically for Camilla’s image and to a lesser extent, Charles’. And I posted that Camilla (and Charles’) actions attested to their character - not just a response from Diana’s fandom.

And while there’s lots to criticise Charles for - that wasn’t the direction the thread went in. I was asked for my opinion on Camilla. More than happy to relay my distaste for Charles, if you’d asked.

Someone being hard working and knowledgeable on a project doesn’t make them a fundamentally good person. I have no doubt Camilla has lots of good aspects to her personality. But like I said before… she’s also consistently been pretty awful.

I’m slightly younger than Camilla/Charles were when Diana married Charles, and I honestly can’t imagine behaving that callously towards a 19 year old. My feelings towards teenagers that age tend to be motherly, or sisterly, and protective. Diana was very obviously unsure of herself and vulnerable. I just can’t imagine colluding with someone to gaslight and betray someone that young, in that way.
---

Yeh I get that, but Charles has tons of godchildren. It’s a ceremonial thing and isn’t indicative of an especially close relationship. I get your point that those circles are pretty incestuous and weird.

But I’m sorry, if I still had feelings for my ex there’s no way in hell I’m going to his wedding with my kids in tow. You’d just pull a sickie that day, or politely decline. I don’t care if my husband was involved in the wedding party, or if it was my son’s godfather. It’s just plain off and wrong.

But Camilla and Charles were exchanging jewellery which suggests it was more than a friendship then, and I suspect it was a bit of a power move on Camilla’s part to turn up.
But it’s like we’ve said, it’s about appearances … Andrew was actually part of the ceremonial stuff At the wedding. Camilla would be more his plus one than invited her own right. If she hadn’t gone it would have raised more eyebrows than if she did.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Even in countries where they have abolished the role of the monarchy there is still a pretender to the throne. If we abol8shed the title of king I am not sure a lot would change. Charles or William would probably keep some of their titles and houses. They don't have much real power so in practice it would not be a huge change. I think they will gradually lose some of their ceremonial roles and influence in the commonwealth. William seems to prefer a quiet life so I don't think he will be too bothered.
They'd get to keep loads of property and a tonne of money and unless Britain abolished all titles then they'd have some kind of title too. I'd love it if I were William especially looking towards George's future.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think what shocked us was that we had seen her the day before with Liz Truss. She looked frail but I didn't expect her to die the next day.
To be honest knowing what we now do it sounds like she was just dressed, had her hair and make up done a basically propped up for that photo. Once Liz was gone she’d have been back in her wheelchair. I wonder if one day Liz will ever speak about it?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I bet they’re going to France because it’s quicker to get to some of these matches from Windsor then it is to get to places up North.

I really do think he should have gone to see the women’s final, but I don’t think this is due to the criticism of it, and more to do with the fact the time difference is only 1 hour and it’s essentially 2 hours away door to door for them.
I think the biggest difference is that the holidays are over, to be perfectly frank.