The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Story in Hello mag about Kate not attending Earthshot in NY as she stays at home with the children.

Beginning to feel like the press are turning again. I feel like she can't win, of course she will want to spend time with them while they are small.

Reactions: 4
Story in Hello mag about Kate not attending Earthshot in NY as she stays at home with the children.

Beginning to feel like the press are turning again. I feel like she can't win, of course she will want to spend time with them while they are small.
I saw this and wondered if there might be something going on with one of them. Pure speculation of course but I first thought it when William didn’t go to Australia and they never gave an official line (just speculation) despite the criticism, if there was a reason he didn’t want to be so far from home. Then again when they both went to France last weekend but went separately and then again when I saw she wasn’t planning to go to Singapore. I thought there was a chance something was up with one of the kids and they don’t want them both to be far from home at the same time. Pure speculation of course, but then isn’t that what tattle is for 😂😂

Reactions: 4

Isn't she with them every day? It's not like they are at boarding school.

Reactions: 7

She’s a full time working Royal. If she doesn’t want to be a full time working Royal, then don’t be … but don’t get the perks of it either.
---
I saw this and wondered if there might be something going on with one of them. Pure speculation of course but I first thought it when William didn’t go to Australia and they never gave an official line (just speculation) despite the criticism, if there was a reason he didn’t want to be so far from home. Then again when they both went to France last weekend but went separately and then again when I saw she wasn’t planning to go to Singapore. I thought there was a chance something was up with one of the kids and they don’t want them both to be far from home at the same time. Pure speculation of course, but then isn’t that what tattle is for 😂😂
My unfounded speculation is that William didn’t go to Australia for no other reason than it fell in his holidays.

Reactions: 11
She’s a full time working Royal. If she doesn’t want to be a full time working Royal, then don’t be … but don’t get the perks of it either.
---

My unfounded speculation is that William didn’t go to Australia for no other reason than it fell in his holidays.
I never get why people say "They're children are young and want ot spend time with them" - No other working family get the luxury of dipping in and out of work when they feel like it to spend time with their children. Also, they're children are all at school at this point so they're not event there for most of the day if you factor in extra curricular stuff and travel back and fourth etc.

Reactions: 19
Wasn’t she doing something with the RAF yesterday so was on an engagement in the UK

Reactions: 2
---
She had engagements today and yesterday. Let's see if she has more engagements this week.

I don't mind if one parent wants to stay more local and do engagements closer to home. But of course, more of these local engagements can be done!

There's also speculation that she may be pregnant so she wouldn't be able to travel with her HG. (I'm just sharing rumours, I don't really like to speculate!)

Reactions: 5

Likely that with school back in session, they don’t want to upset the routine. They have three young children for whom school is the center of their lives. Both parents out of the country makes for disruptions that are unnecessary. More likely they are taking turns in leaving the children.

And the POW is working. She did an outstanding engagement yesterday and has more scheduled this week and next. She is doing her part, just not out of the country. She will go when it is necessary but will stay in the UK to carry on with her own full diary.

Reactions: 13
The other night just before the Russell Brand thing broke, the subject of who the Dispatches episode was about was being discussed on Mumsnet and a couple of posters were convinced it was going to be a big Royal story that was originally going to come out last year but then the Queen died and the press put it on the back burner. They didn’t elaborate or give any clues, but one said that she had been ‘waiting for it to come out for the last year’. Obviously they were wrong but I am massively intrigued about what they are alluding to. Anyway I just thought I’d put it out there. Maybe it will be the next big story to break.

Reactions: 3
It's a bit ironical to criticize Kate and William to not want to be both away at the same time when Elizabeth II and her husband repeatedly left their kids behind with the dammages we are now aware of. Louis is just 5. The only thing I wish for William's kids is to not be traumatized like he and his brother were as well as the previous generations.

To be honest I don't think that the monarchy is that vital to be maintened to all costs, but as long as it is the case, it would be nice if at least the current young generation can have a good start in life and feeling nurtured. All the money of the world won't heal Andrew or Harry, or bring back to life Diana. I know they have uber privileged but it doesn't mean children who didn't asked anything should be sacrificed on the altar of the public opinion. I can't stand Harry but I do feel sorry for the childhood he had and his current issues. If it feels too infuriating to the public opinion that Kate and William try to balance their duties with the wellbeing of their kids, it would be better to abolish the monarchy than putting them - and their kids by extension under pressure. People need to know what they want.

Reactions: 8
I have to admit that I agree that they should be able to prioritise their kids for the next 5-10 years. They are working royals for life and probably both have at least another 40 years in them, providing the monarchy is still going then, what’s 5-10 years of slightly less work now? Based on what we’ve seen of royal kids, especially the spares, I think there’s a lot that can be said for them prioritising giving them a stable childhood where mum and dad aren’t off away on tour every few weeks etc. Whilst I DO believe they could still do more, I do think it’s relatively commendable to see people in a prominent role prioritising family rather than being absent parents that public figures so often are

Reactions: 8
I don’t even think it’s a case of less work. If they are doing the job, they should do the job. It’s about prioritising and time management. There are so few working Royals now that it makes sense for them not to double up on visits. If that means William goes overseas, for instance, and Kate is more home based, then so be it. She has been a member of the RF for over 10 years, she should be more than capable of solo working -and probably enjoys a bit of autonomy.

Reactions: 6
It's a bit ironical to criticize Kate and William to not want to be both away at the same time when Elizabeth II and her husband repeatedly left their kids behind with the dammages we are now aware of. Louis is just 5. The only thing I wish for William's kids is to not be traumatized like he and his brother were as well as the previous generations.

To be honest I don't think that the monarchy is that vital to be maintened to all costs, but as long as it is the case, it would be nice if at least the current young generation can have a good start in life and feeling nurtured. All the money of the world won't heal Andrew or Harry, or bring back to life Diana. I know they have uber privileged but it doesn't mean children who didn't asked anything should be sacrificed on the altar of the public opinion. I can't stand Harry but I do feel sorry for the childhood he had and his current issues. If it feels too infuriating to the public opinion that Kate and William try to balance their duties with the wellbeing of their kids, it would be better to abolish the monarchy than putting them - and their kids by extension under pressure. People need to know what they want.
What damages? I don't think being left alone is why Andrew liked going to Epstein's island.

• Haha
Kate and William can still work quite a bit whilst the kids are in school and be home later. It's not rocket science. They are lazy, and in their 40s, it's not like that will change. If they weren't lavishly funded public servants who would care? I am a housewife/stay-at-home mom who works part-time, and I realize the importance of being involved with your child, which is why I'm blessed that I can stay home but many people can't do this. Most can't, in this economy.

They'll have their flurry of early autumn engagements, and disappear again around December for a few months, so on, and so forth.

William in NY, the press trying to make him some amazing hunk is hilarious. I think Earthshot's optimism is a great counter to the hysteria and wasteful useless government projects that do nothing whilst the innovations with Earthshot can actually do good for our environment, though, so kudos to him for it.

I have to admit that I agree that they should be able to prioritise their kids for the next 5-10 years. They are working royals for life and probably both have at least another 40 years in them, providing the monarchy is still going then, what’s 5-10 years of slightly less work now? Based on what we’ve seen of royal kids, especially the spares, I think there’s a lot that can be said for them prioritising giving them a stable childhood where mum and dad aren’t off away on tour every few weeks etc. Whilst I DO believe they could still do more, I do think it’s relatively commendable to see people in a prominent role prioritising family rather than being absent parents that public figures so often are
If we go with the minimum of 5 years there that will make George 15, Charlotte 13 and Louis 10 before they can do Royal Duties to their fullest, and that's not accounting that they don't have any more children.

I've asked before but why should they get the privilege to spend time with their children and duck in and out of engagements because if it? The Royals also have nanny's and staff to help them out so it's not like they'll be rushing back to clean the house or make dinner etc. Plenty of parents work full-time and long hours and would love the opportunity to spend time with their children but can't.

Reactions: 9
She did an outstanding engagement yesterday
What did she do that was outstanding?
---
Leaving your children for a couple of days to go abroad is very different to leaving your children for 6 months to go on a royal tour. A 5 year old can cope with their parents being away for a short amount of time - especially as there is video calls now. Very different era to when The Queen and Philip were in charge.

Reactions: 3
What damages? I don't think being left alone is why Andrew liked going to Epstein's island.
yes but people often criticise the previous generations of royal parents for being 'cold' and 'unloving'.

Yes i agree that Catherine could do more local engagements and still be home in time for dinner/bath/bed. But I do think people would also criticise them if they were on foreign tours all the time (as they did the queen and charles).

Reactions: 1
yes but people often criticise the previous generations of royal parents for being 'cold' and 'unloving'.

Yes i agree that Catherine could do more local engagements and still be home in time for dinner/bath/bed. But I do think people would also criticise them if they were on foreign tours all the time (as they did the queen and charles).
You can be cold and unloving and there all the time 🤷‍♀️
The Queen was only criticised in later years … at the time (from what relatives who were there at the time remember) she wasn’t … she was seen as doing A good job as Queen and the childhood that Charles and Anne had was actually nothing out of the way for upper class, military service families where dad went on a posting, mum went with him kids stayed home with nanny or boarding school.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.