The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With that said, how many 40-something people have specific current role models they can point to?
While you might have people you admire, generally the need to have someone to model yourself upon fades as you gain a sense of your own identity.

Reactions: 15
True - I took the question to mean who did she (Kate) think would be role models for today's youngsters. Thinking about it again though, she did the right thing not naming any individuals. I can just see the headlines now XXX is Kate's role model or why didn't Kate name YYY. Everything she does is picked apart and she needs to be so diplomatic. A case of damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Thanks for making me re-look at the situation from another perspective!

Reactions: 9
Isn’t it funny how every human can view something differently? I watched it and thought it was the most at ease and natural we’ve ever seen Kate - but others have said the opposite! I missed the bit about role models though as I did skip when they got into heavy rugby speak so I must have accidentally gone past that bit

Reactions: 10
Isn’t it funny how every human can view something differently? I watched it and thought it was the most at ease and natural we’ve ever seen Kate - but others have said the opposite! I missed the bit about role models though as I did skip when they got into heavy rugby speak so I must have accidentally gone past that bit
To me it just shows how hard her job is. Every decision, everything she says or doesn’t say, everything she does or doesn’t do is micro analysed and scrutinised and interpreted as both good and bad depending on the person judging.

I honestly cannot understand how anyone would actively seek out this job.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She’s not a public speaker and she doesn’t thrive in any speaking environment but maybe she was more nervous and could see how relaxed the others were.
On podcast she's with her husband and people she's comfortable with and I'm presuming it's pre recorded and she got to see the questions before and prepare.

She's had 10+ years to get good at speaking in public with the best help on hand it just adds to the proof that her and William are work shy.

Reactions: 8
On podcast she's with her husband and people she's comfortable with and I'm presuming it's pre recorded and she got to see the questions before and prepare.

She's had 10+ years to get good at speaking in public with the best help on hand it just adds to the proof that her and William are work shy.
I agree with you that they both could do a lot more. However I can’t criticise her for not being a public speaker, not everyone is, no matter how much help you get.

Whilst I totally am in the camp that they don’t work enough or put enough effort in, I can’t fault her for not being a public speaker.

If you compare her to 10 years ago she has in fact improved quite a lot and has clearly put work into it. At the end of the day we aren’t all good at everything and she’s not the heir or the future head of state so her public speaking skills aren’t particularly important. The fact that she does any at all when it’s clearly difficult for her is commendable IMO

Reactions: 19

Maybe Anne intimidates her? I like Anne but she’s like her father who was also intimidating and so Kate probably gets nervous around her!

Reactions: 6
Really ignorant comment. Public speaking is a bigger fear than death for most people and a big weakness of many, even people who have had coaching, hypnosis etc still cannot be natural doing it. I've had 10+ years of client facing jobs + hypnotherapy and still am not good at public speaking.

Reactions: 20
I think public speaking is quite different than her sat down with her husband and aunt-in-law for a podcast.

Her public speaking is terrible, but let's be real, every royal sucks at it except maybe Charles. None of them put in an effort, they don't need to, unlike us plebs who often have to really work at it for our jobs. (I'm awful at it and hated doing it in work contexts!)

Reactions: 5
do you guys think it actually benefits the Royal Family that Kate is not outspoken and says very little? I feel like the less she says, the more positive her image. She has a lower chance of messing up and saying something controversial or problematic, and the media doesn't have a lot to work with.

Reactions: 10
do you guys think it actually benefits the Royal Family that Kate is not outspoken and says very little? I feel like the less she says, the more positive her image. She has a lower chance of messing up and saying something controversial or problematic, and the media doesn't have a lot to work with.
Not for me, she comes over as sappy and even more irrelevant than the rest of them. It would have been so much more refreshing to see somebody with a bit of personality, she just bores me.

• Haha
I think public speaking is quite different than her sat down with her husband and aunt-in-law for a podcast.

Her public speaking is terrible, but let's be real, every royal sucks at it except maybe Charles. None of them put in an effort, they don't need to, unlike us plebs who often have to really work at it for our jobs. (I'm awful at it and hated doing it in work contexts!)
I was impressed when Camilla started doing speeches. She’s quite good. I also think William is good. But rather them than me!

Reactions: 5
Not for me, she comes over as sappy and even more irrelevant than the rest of them. It would have been so much more refreshing to see somebody with a bit of personality, she just bores me.
If she manages to annoy people by not having opinions, imagine how many she'd annoy by speaking about them.

I think when it comes to the royals, the women are always judged more harshly, and those who marry in even more so. The media will either hold them as the darlings of the nation or go for the throat, and sometimes both in the same week.
If Kate and William show up at the same event, say and do the same things, and each wear suitably appropriate outfits, you'll see Kate's outfit picked apart and her actions questioned, while William might get a brief comment.

In her position, the safest option is to be seen as boring. Boring is harder to talk about.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think after the Diana drama that suits her inlaws

Reactions: 6
I think a lot of it is a conscious decision. I don’t think she’s boring I just think she doesn’t have big controversial opinions which we’re so used to these days. You can often see her come more alive when she’s doing walkabouts and a lot of people who have met her have said she’s very self deprecating which I don’t think you see in the public facing part of the role

Reactions: 17
I just wish Kate would get proper treatment for the bulimia she is clearly suffering from, probably thanks to her unfaithful husband!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I just wish Kate would get proper treatment for the bulimia she is clearly suffering from, probably thanks to her unfaithful husband!!
You’ve posted similar posts in the William and Kate thread as well and speculating on an eating disorder just feels inappropriate and not okay. She looks very physically fit and healthy when she does sporty engagements, and considering all the leaks on everything else from the palace, it says something that there’s never been any rumours of speculation of an eating disorder. Some people are just slim and like being slim so work out and eat healthy to maintain it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
You’ve posted similar posts in the William and Kate thread as well and speculating on an eating disorder just feels inappropriate and not okay. She looks very physically fit and healthy when she does sporty engagements, and considering all the leaks on everything else from the palace, it says something that there’s never been any rumours of speculation of an eating disorder. Some people are just slim and like being slim so work out and eat healthy to maintain it.
Exactly! It’s like slim people can’t be naturally slim without people assuming they have an eating disorder. I have two naturally slim friends who have people say really rude comments like ‘do you starve yourself’?

Also with the ‘unfaithful husband’ bit again 🙄 she never looks unhappy. You never see any strain between them as a couple. Some people just grasp at straws.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I honestly thought Catherine looked great at the prison visit. Different hair? Botox jab? Not sure but she looked good to me.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.