The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obsessed with that “toastie” and everything about it. I have so many questions.

Why toast it?
is there cheese?
Is it because they freeze the bread so it has to be toasted or else it’s gross?
Why not have it as bread with some salad or veggies in?
Why is it The Worst Bread?
Why is she eating it upstairs? Can she just not take a break from taking photos of herself in the secret extension and needs a working lunch on the go, with her busy non stop work/life balance?
Does she ever order tuna from Pret?
Why is there literally nothing else with it? (Remember when she invented “having some crisps on a plate”?!!)
Did she do it just for us? (Hiya! Thanks!)
It looks like those weirdly sad slimming world posts you see that I always think are parody joke meals but are actually real…

honestly go give that pic another look. It’s the story that keeps on giving.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So much faffing in that house. I don’t know anyone who paints one colour than paints it another ad infinitum.
Gosh they really are not busy at all

Reactions: 3
Alex has made it to The Times! But that’s a very old photo from the days when she was actually stylish. Contains gems such as “finding somewhere design-led yet affordable on home shores is no easy feat”.

‘Not wanting the hassle or expense of a foreign holiday with two young children’
Except you managed last year Alex and will be going again this year, when someone else is footing the bill
Another load of drivel

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Some of the comments under the article are interesting! Love the caption - I’m a fashion editor, but I loved our Claction caravan holiday.

The article has a sniff of condescension and snobbery about it.

Reactions: 16
Some of the comments under the article are interesting! Love the caption - I’m a fashion editor, but I loved our Claction caravan holiday.

The article has a sniff of condescension and snobbery about it.
Essex should be soooo grateful she lowered herself to the trashy un-chicness!

Reactions: 6
I can’t see the comments but yes, snobby and condescending sums it up! Especially for someone who wanted to pay under £300 for a holiday in the holidays! You get what you pay for hey!

Reactions: 7
I still don’t understood why they had to eat crisps in silence each night. I’m sure Clacton has Deliveroo!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The article reads as soooo snobby! She wants to have her cake and eat it. £289 for a 4 night break, but complains it’s not chic enough! Shut up, you tight bint.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
She’s such a head. Nothing she does makes any sense. I wish she’d see a therapist as her views and actions are so strange. I suspect she’ a very unhappy person who feels the need to help others create a tit life like hers?

The article reads as soooo snobby! She wants to have her cake and eat it. £289 for a 4 night break, but complains it’s not chic enough! Shut up, you tight bint.
She doesn’t have a clue about the price of what she’d classify as a ‘nice’ hotel/lodge/Airbnb because she never paid when she was working, and now her occasional times away without the kids are gifted. That’s why she balks at prices.

Reactions: 12
Clacton = prime Brexit territory. Bit Tory energy. Just sayin… !

(no shade, I’m in Essex too, but it’s true for Clacton and for Alex!)

the whole piece is weirdly laced with privilege (perfect for the audience there I guess) and worded so oddly - “drove our car” “seriously unfashionable” - but also reeks of the sort of “poor people tourism” the Times and others started about 10yrs ago with wealthy people discovering things like primark and Aldi sort of ironically and then it descending into fast fashion overconsumption mania - which we know our gal is all over anyway so… it is what it is I guess and she’ll never seem to get how gross it all is

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes yes yes!

It reads so oddly, probably because these pieces are usually a thinly veiled ad paid for by the hotel/campsite/whatever, but this one clearly isn’t and she’s just sneering at how tit it was. Embarrassing, especially as she’s clearly looking down on the people who can only afford to go to a Clacton caravan park, while admitting that’s all she could afford as well 😳

Should come with a disclaimer at the bottom: “Alexandra Stedman usually holidays in her parents’ apartment in Nerja, Spain, where she only has to pay for flights and the occasional drink, as long as it comes with free tapas.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.