The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex galumphs around a beige caravan colour matched to ‘fake frugality’ on white sliced.

Reactions: 2
10 pairs of glasses?! That is so far from frugal that I don’t quite know what to say!

Reactions: 8
Tbf I’d look miserable if I wore serial killer frames too. Also is that like the only presentable corner of their house or something? Every single reel is in front of those doors!
IMG_9976.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I find it strange that in her bio she has "outfit repeater" yet posts that she changes her shoes everyday so why not glasses..? So confusing following her

Reactions: 6
She wasn't a fashion editor!

junior/freelance stylist when working for Red or whatever it was all those years ago!

I used to have a blog so I guess I can add fashion editor to my CV

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What is the actual point of that post above? I feel like commenting, “ok…. And what?” Like why are they actually sharing that?! It comes across less like, omg we are being so real , and more like — hey look how bleeping great our life is?!

Reactions: 4
Yes, definitely a thinly veiled brag post. No wonder Alex liked it. She probably sees her "home renovation journey" as the same (ie. they worked really hard and they still have a mortgage, boo hoo).

Side note though, the paying mortgage til 103 comment, surely that's hyperbole? No bank would lend to someone if they were still paying it off at 103? This is why people should put laughing emojis after "jokes", because otherwise I don't get it. Jeez 🙄

Reactions: 2
Yes, definitely a thinly veiled brag post. No wonder Alex liked it. She probably sees her "home renovation journey" as the same (ie. they worked really hard and they still have a mortgage, boo hoo).

Side note though, the paying mortgage til 103 comment, surely that's hyperbole? No bank would lend to someone if they were still paying it off at 103? This is why people should put laughing emojis after "jokes", because otherwise I don't get it. Jeez 🙄
I think it just means they’re restarting 25-35 year terms every time they “move up the ladder” so never really make any progress on repayment. But with 0 acknowledgment that if they’ve been lucky enough to benefit from generational wealth in their early adulthood that chances are they can take these gambles because they know they’re going to benefit from inheritance later down the line. For those of us paying our own way our mortgages, saving for our kids’ mortgages/savings and actually paying for those children ourselves whatever you need/want all comes from the same finite pool of money we can earn in a single lifetime (*2 of us) so yet again it’s a v different reality for us. But 🎻 pls a moment for the girlies stripping wallpaper by themselves because their husbands aren’t as rich as their dads?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I see Alex’s latest reel is about finding peonies in Aldi but given her track record can we be sure it was Aldi and not Tesco??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.