Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nbg85

I don't really get why she's still going with the 'frugal' thing it just doesn't work anymore and I don't see how anyone could be following her for frugal tips? Back in the early days when she as on a low salary showing saving to get a flat, ikea hacks, cheap holidays, high street clothes (when she'd actually style things well) it worked but now they're two adults being paid to do up their house in London, moaning about how hard they work, how they're struggling, it just comes across that they're either foolish (and should go get jobs) or just talking nonsense and doing just fine and pretending to have no money for the sake of 'the brand'

Reactions: 23

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
As I’ve said before, I’m always 🧐 at Alex’s interactions with influencers of colour as they always seems to scream “look at me, I have Black friends”. Same with the way she shows off the “diverse” books she buys her kids. It’s all just for show.

• Heart

gollygally

Gosh what a hard days work for our Alex.
She made some sandwiches, went to battersea power station, checked Uniqlo and out for dinner.. she needs a rest surely!
I hope she hasn’t stopped at the post office or at the supermarket on the way because that would be too much even for such a top multi tasker

• Haha

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I will never ever ever let the BBC thing drop. The absolutely audacity of her to lay in to an institution like that whilst simultaneously hinting we should be PAYING HER to send us aff links to Tiger Tat. Give me strength

Two things.

This photo looks like she's pulled everything in the middle of the room to hoover. There's just a lot of stuff really randomly placed.

And the newsletter... when she said people should be able to survive AND thrive in work, I was like "YES!" and was expecting even one line about supporting NHS strikes or any other striking workforce... but no.

She completely missed the opportunity. I think it's probably because she is so far removed from anybody working in jobs like nursing, teaching, postal service, railway that it hasn't even crossed her mind.

What she's said about fashion/artsy jobs is true. But how can she be so blissfully unaware of the fights going on across the entire country for so so many other workers?
Is she the one writing this or someone else? It’s bad. I’m sorry but I’ll never have sympathy for someone that was in the position to take one of these poorly paid jobs in the arts in the first place as it’s not remotely accessible to everyone, whether or not they sell the spare clothes their parents paid for?

This actually upsets me ngl because my dad was so smart but didn’t have access to further education because he had to start work at 15 in a country that openly hated him and would have loved to have done a degree. I’m sure that was the bigger personal loss than bemoaning a lack of hobbies and passions? He didn’t even get the chance to start his hustle because he just had to work to live. I was part of the upwardly mobile working classes under new Labour and did well in uni but unlike the Alexandras in my peer group had to study something that had an ROI because I didn’t have anywhere free to live whilst I naval gazed and fucked around in the Conde closets?

Sorry to me rail but this content is honestly just for under performing uni rahs, like sorry you aren’t as well off as ur parents’ generation and you all know someone that married well and you didn’t but pls stop producing content about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I have to say, I do get where she is coming from with the word "flattering" and commenting on her/peoples' bodies.

But... I do feel conflicted. It's like she doesn't think anyone can comment on the appearance of clothes at all, yet that is literally a massive part of her "job". Think back to when she was a stylist, it was about making peoples' bodies look good with clothes. Now, she "styles" clothes to sell them or similar outfits to her followers but it feels like she doesn't want anyone to have an opinion on how they look.

Again, I don't agree with saying things that are likely to upset somebody about their appearance, and I generally try not to here, and never would in real life or on insta. But it kind of is her job to make clothes look "good" to others, to give ideas, to influence.

Don't know if I've explained myself well.
Agree. And also her existence as an influencer is entirely reliant on women feeling shit about how they look and trying to plug that gap by endlessly buying stuff that she’s paid to promote. She can’t complain about low self system whilst simultaneously being a huge part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
She sounds more clueless by the day. Who would go away in the UK in May and only pack shorts for their children, Surely either herself or Chris would think to pack leggings or jeans for them also. No black out blinds - get creative with black bin bags or towels. Forgot some items - quick stop at campsite shop. Sat eating crisps silently at night - I’m sure they could have watched downloaded movies, listed to music with headphones. Read books. Or whatever. What did they think they were going to do??

She manages to make everything she does sound so dreary and dull.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
hahahaha the post about her more mindful shopping habits. What an absolute trollllololol! I don’t get how someone can be so blind to how hypocritical they are?! Or just plain untruthful? Monki. H&M. Even grabbing all the effin Anya shopping bags. Shop shop shop. Endless pairs of trainers. Everything over and over again and then bags and bags of freebies on top of it all! Even if she HAS slowed down on the fast fashion junk (which we know she hasn’t) then it’s easy to claim you’re buying less of it when you get other stuff for free instead. I do not get it. I don’t get how actually clued up people I respect a little bit more (like Erica D, or Hannah EnBrogue) who legitimately do either post honestly or actually practice what they preach somehow spur Alex on with comments and praise?! She’s not even trying!! LYING NOT TRYING! Gah.
Love love love this!

Also it’s so fucking offensive the hyper consumers who loved volume of this stuff now turning around and Pearl clutching and moralising fast fashion or shopping at unsustainable places now it’s having a more mainstream than ever moment? Like yes in an ideal world Primark etc wouldn’t exist but the UK’s low wage economy doesn’t allow for every home to support small ethical makers. There’s nothing wrong with ppl buying H&M etc if they are doing it in a considered way that normal ppl have been doing for years - eg this £20 coat will by my child’s winter coat, I’ll then keep it for baby no 2 or gift it to someone or donate it to charity. There is a HUGE difference between engaging with “bad” brands in that way and gleefully acquiring endless tat to display, or that you them have to go out and buy more shit like shelves and frames to hoard and display en masse.

She is absolutely fucking tone deaf and I don’t understand how she can believe anyone would ever remotely consider paying her for these luke warm takes?

Reactions: 19

MeWithTheHair

Obsessed with that “toastie” and everything about it. I have so many questions.

Why toast it?
is there cheese?
Is it because they freeze the bread so it has to be toasted or else it’s gross?
Why not have it as bread with some salad or veggies in?
Why is it The Worst Bread?
Why is she eating it upstairs? Can she just not take a break from taking photos of herself in the secret extension and needs a working lunch on the go, with her busy non stop work/life balance?
Does she ever order tuna from Pret?
Why is there literally nothing else with it? (Remember when she invented “having some crisps on a plate”?!!)
Did she do it just for us? (Hiya! Thanks!)
It looks like those weirdly sad slimming world posts you see that I always think are parody joke meals but are actually real…

honestly go give that pic another look. It’s the story that keeps on giving.

• Haha

skyehigh

Chatty Member
Alex mentioning that they haven't been 'child free for a long time' - 1) it's been the Easter holidays - so that's most people with school aged children and 2) wasn't she eating crisps in Eastbourne without her children on a midweek break only a few weeks ago?!

MeWithTheHair

Name a worse job than this 30 second made up task you’ve given yourself because Pinterest/instagram made you think needless decanting of things into other things are somehow chic?

Err sure. Underpaid doctor. Underpaid cleaner. Underpaid teacher. Underpaid social care worker. Literally hundreds of actual real jobs.

But sure. You do you. Literally no worse a job than decanting some fucking weetabix. My word.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

CausticYoda

That video is hilarious. Tell us you still care about certain things without telling us you still care about certain things. I mean, I literally opened instagram and this was the first thing I saw. Reader, I yelped.
View attachment 2172274
I no longer care about trends...said whilst wearing a sister wife shirt with a collar bigger than the actual sun and the fugliest glasses frames in North Ldn. OK, Alex.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Yes yes yes!

It reads so oddly, probably because these pieces are usually a thinly veiled ad paid for by the hotel/campsite/whatever, but this one clearly isn’t and she’s just sneering at how shit it was. Embarrassing, especially as she’s clearly looking down on the people who can only afford to go to a Clacton caravan park, while admitting that’s all she could afford as well 😳

Should come with a disclaimer at the bottom: “Alexandra Stedman usually holidays in her parents’ apartment in Nerja, Spain, where she only has to pay for flights and the occasional drink, as long as it comes with free tapas.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18