The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex can’t wear nice (normal!) glasses! People might think she is boring!😱 Glasses are her whole personality remember 🤪

Reactions: 8
Usual caveat of “a break from what exactly?” but this is the first time in ages that I’ve liked her outfit.View attachment 2245969
---
But then she had to go and spoil things. I’m not opposed to leopard print but that gilet is hideous! It looks like a bed-jacket from the 50s. As for those glasses…View attachment 2245972
Omg those sandals are truly awful… I love a man repelling look but this is on another level. I have cankles, she does not and she’s just made herself look like she has worse cankles than me! 🤣

Reactions: 1
Give me a break…
Cutting old birthday cards to make postcards to bring to kids birthday. Wow what a saving!

We can find in Asda or other places from 28p if you don’t want to splash 2/3 quid on a kids card or give a handmade card drawn by your child but this is as ridiculous as getting cheap candles tied with a string.
She’s ridiculous as always

Reactions: 11
I’m mortified for her. This ‘hack’ just makes her look like a complete and utter skinflint.
Exactly. I wouldn’t be so proud about it. I am sure she’ll spin the narrative and say it’s for sustainability and not to create unnecessary waste 🙁
Never mind the endless consumption of tat

Reactions: 5
My parents had a very wealthy friend who used to do that with Christmas cards and everyone used to laugh about it behind her back and say how tight she was!

Reactions: 7
Getting more ridiculous by the day. Just get your daughter to make a card out of a sheet of paper. Use the birthday cards for drawing on at home/craft projects, etc.

Reactions: 5
Give me a break…
Cutting old birthday cards to make postcards to bring to kids birthday. Wow what a saving!

We can find in Asda or other places from 28p if you don’t want to splash 2/3 quid on a kids card or give a handmade card drawn by your child but this is as ridiculous as getting cheap candles tied with a string.
She’s ridiculous as always
I was just about to the post the same. 28p Asda cards for kids parties are great.
She is the tightest person ever.

Reactions: 3
And putting her crappy cut up old cards in bags leftover from her TK Maxx ad. She’s so stingy.

And blathering on about getting a lot of wear from her high street clothing purchases. Well yes that’s sort of the point no?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Surely this means her £100+ haircut the other week was gifted then, because she cannot be that stingey and then pay for something that expensive for herself

Reactions: 7
The state of it. I knew she was a shocker but the sheer volume of clothing here - that huge bag is bulging - and how screwed up everything is, I find the combination quite shocking.

She’s on that treadmill where she has so much that she doesn’t know what she has so it’s easier for her to buy new. No need to iron and a bigger dopamine hit from the shopping. But occasionally pull out the odd item and claim it as a sign of a sustainable wardrobe because you bought it in 2019.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I feel really quite anxious just looking at that scrunched up mound of clothing shoved into that huge basket. And it’s probably been squeezed into a cupboard somewhere with other bags and baskets of unsorted junk.

It’s this sort of thing that really influences me to declutter and just be mindful of what I acquire and keep. I often think of Alex and her house of dusty useless tat to motivate myself to have a bit of a sort out and attempt to at least try and keep on top of all the crap that you do end up acquiring when have kids 😬

Reactions: 6
News flash from Alex’s totally inaccessible text-as-image with no written description slides about sale shopping, which is peppered with maniacal nonsense anyway because she is constantly shopping, but the bit about Arket and Cos being somehow better or more classic made me snort some tea out my nose. She must know it’s all from the same H&M factory of evil fast fashion madness?!
I think influencers really think they have something enviable.

the only thing of hers I wish I had was this level of ignorance and blissful lack of self awareness.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m starting to reconsider which one of them we refer to as Dopey. She just looks so gormless in that stupid hat.
IMG_9949.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.