The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another outing for the children's hat today, and an unwashed outfit (a 'spritz' of what, I wonder). She seems to have given up on bras...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
“Just gave it a spritz”
IMG_9957.jpeg

---
Another outing for the children's hat today, and an unwashed outfit (a 'spritz' of what, I wonder). She seems to have given up on bras...
Cross-post! Yes, she said a few days ago that she rarely wears bras these days. Honestly, would anyone looking at that photo think they were looking at a self-proclaimed fashion editor?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Laying the groundwork for a Febreeze ad?

Personally I prefer Dettol Spray & Wear but I mainly use it in lieu of ironing. In that regard it’s quite magical (I am terrible at ironing). As far as refreshing worn clothing in summer I’d rather just… quickly run the washing machine.
It’s not like she doesn’t have other stuff to wear in the meantime 🤣

Reactions: 4
the whole piece is weirdly laced with privilege (perfect for the audience there I guess) but also reeks of the sort of “poor people tourism” the Times and others started about 10yrs ago with wealthy people discovering things like primark and Aldi sort of ironically and then it descending into fast fashion overconsumption mania - which we know our gal is all over anyway so… it is what it is I guess and she’ll never seem to get how gross it all is
This is so bang on. I'm stunned that even she is completely unaware of how condescending she has been here

Reactions: 11
So pleased she is getting rinsed in the comments of that Times article.
These influencers build a ‘good vibes only’ walled garden on their channels under the guise of boundaries and think Tattle is the problem. No the problem is how grubby, entitled and spoilt you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Laying the groundwork for a Febreeze ad?

Personally I prefer Dettol Spray & Wear but I mainly use it in lieu of ironing. In that regard it’s quite magical (I am terrible at ironing). As far as refreshing worn clothing in summer I’d rather just… quickly run the washing machine.
It’s not like she doesn’t have other stuff to wear in the meantime 🤣
Also surely with two young kids she's using the washing machine most days anyway?!
Or is this her trying to be frugal to make up for her weird spending habits - frugal but smelly...

Reactions: 2
Ugh she is proper grubby. Between her not washing her clothes and Dopey not washing his hair they just come across as lazy, soap dodging, carb eating, stingy freeloaders. Get in the bleeping bin.

Reactions: 5
She is an absolute loon!
A82E0AE5-3F6D-4E52-AE4F-4D2C67A1850A.png
44A17FA1-48A3-43A4-BFDE-549AB9727741.jpeg

(I didn’t go searching for the jumper post on purpose - just saw the ironing reel and thought I recognised the jumper! Then went to look and it took me about 30 seconds 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Does anyone have access to the comments who wants to screenshot. I cant see and feel like I am missing out aha

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Despite being on tattle for years now I remain amazed at the hypocrisy/lack of self awareness of influencers. They’ve spent years promoting a lifestyle they couldn’t actually afford themselves to us as if it was normal, now that’s fallen through they’re… idek what… patronising their peers basically? Idk the British class system is what it is but you’d hope the current CoL crisis would form some sort of class or situational solidarity rather than these patronising takes from people who can’t afford anything else themselves? But instead they run to the times to complain about the view/beige/not being chic enough. You can’t afford to be chic and that’s ok.

Does anyone have access to the comments who wants to screenshot. I cant see and feel like I am missing out aha
I have screengrabbed it all but don’t have time now to squiggle the names. Will do later if no one else can in the mean time. But I def have it saved.
She must be in with at least one editor at the Times because she’s been featured there fairly frequently recently on a range of topics. One in the weekend paper a few weeks ago called her an ‘expert shopper’, lol. More accurate than fashion editor for sure.

• Haha
New thread title suggestions anyone?

Not feeling creative. It must involve her lowering herself to a horrific holiday in a caravan despite being a “fashion editor” (not sure how those two things are mutually exclusive)

Reactions: 2
Jez that article. The holiday park company should ban her for life. ‘Surprisingly well kept’ 🫣

• Wow
Reactions: 9
New thread title suggestions anyone?

Not feeling creative. It must involve her lowering herself to a horrific holiday in a caravan despite being a “fashion editor” (not sure how those two things are mutually exclusive)
“Never seen a tin can she didn’t like until she had to holiday in one”*

* not my view of caravans, I bloody love the scent of the older style ones - sends me back to family hols where our ever increasing family of five used to squeeze into a tiny ‘4 berth’.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
How about just “Living her best life eating crisps in the dark in a beige caravan in Clacton”?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.