The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like there are so many likeminded ppl in this thread - if you’re on tiktok (no you’re not too old / it’s not just full of kids doing synchronised dances) look up “over consumption” or “de-influencing” - it’s the antidote to this constant stream of buy buy buy and is SO therapeutic. Like I hope that I’m pretty set in my convictions but watching that makes me think omg I’m not crazy for hating this tit?

Like some of the creators on there do brilliant content like tallying up the cost of everything featured in content, or decoding influencer-isms like I had to get this / bougie girls have x / it’s so chic! For what it really means which is like I want this class marker / I am wealthy so buy a lot / I have low fixed overheads because of a mammoth undisclosed intergenerational wealth transfer so prioritise discretionary spending over anything else.

Even tho the frugality is a tone deaf name in the current economic climate there are SO MANY of us who now feel like this. I don’t imagine any of us are living off grid waste free never buying anything either - but giving yourself the freedom to buy what you truly want/like/can afford with no external pressure or coercion is 🤌! Literally ✨so chic✨. She could have made the frugality about that but there’s no money to be made in telling ppl not to buy tit is there.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My personal highlight of the newsletter yesterday was hyping up the new BBC show yet tells her frugal followers to not buy a tv license as its waste of money.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
My personal highlight of the newsletter yesterday was hyping up the new BBC show yet tells her frugal followers to not buy a tv license as its waste of money.
I was about to say how can this stupid woman be such a hypocrite banging on about her 'free' content yet still encouraging not pay for TV license and do trials with a zillion emails.

Reactions: 12
I will never ever ever let the BBC thing drop. The absolutely audacity of her to lay in to an institution like that whilst simultaneously hinting we should be PAYING HER to send us aff links to Tiger Tat. Give me strength

Reactions: 23
Also that reel about changing spending habits.... more than half the items worn in the reel were gifted!!! She didn't buy them! At least 3x Sezane pieces, dress from Ganni she got on the EBay partnership and no doubt other freebies.

More bullshit.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I only just read the newsletter and this made me laugh. Does that mean she and Dopey discussed it for 2 mins before moving on to which box set to binge next and which beige food to eat tonight?
F5F737A1-F21E-498A-ABD0-93C75309249A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I would post my thoughts on the latest crap but don't want to devalue my work. Send cash!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I would post my thoughts on the latest crap but don't want to devalue my work. Send cash!
To be fair i read more interesting content here than her blog 😜
---
Such a top job and great quality content that she even got a typo on the newsletter

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
View attachment 2009855
😂😂😂😂 guys, we should be so grateful- she offers all her content, valuable thoughts and creativity for free 🙄🙄
I read that, stopped and tried to genuinely understand their thought processes and see if I was missing something or being overly critical.

They've genuinely considered substack - what would they put behind a pay wall? Genuinely, which bits of their Instagram posts and stories would they choose to be accessible only to people who pay? I have zero idea.

Then I read on, "but I also get that lots of writers and educators need to monetise differently, especially in the sustainably sector and sectors like racism education" - It's *outrageous* that she's comparing herself to people who do that work. Like yeah ok, she's decided they do need substack and she's decided not to use it, but she made the direct comparison between her work (advertising clothes and bitty homeware) and theirs, and thinks that she could, maybe, possibly, put her work behind a pay wall too.

Unbelievable

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
The only vaguely creative thing I can think that she does is paint photo frames? And I suspect that’s because she’s in cahoots with a paint company or two anyway so is hardly pursuing arts and crafts for A&C’s sake is it, she’s still getting a kick back or can pitch to brands using that #content.

Reactions: 6
Her styling her wardrobe threads are ridiculous.
jeans jumper and boots. Wow what thrilling content. None of us know how to put that together

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Her styling her wardrobe threads are ridiculous.
jeans jumper and boots. Wow what thrilling content. None of us know how to put that together
She has totally lost all style since becoming a mum. She looks an absolute mess!

She’s back in the bloody corner again. Can they not grasp the monotony of this set up?!
And surprise, surprise, she bought the Arket bag (as an early birthday present to herself). Well when they wouldn’t gift it, what’s a frugal girl to do 🤔

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
I don’t wanna be mean and, granted, by this time of the year we’re all a bit fed up with winter clothes but her recent outfits have been beyond dull 😴

Reactions: 4
Hate to rain on the parade but I’m in London and the state school by my house is open today 🫣
I live v near her and none of the primaries here were open during the strike as far as I know. There was a big local march for the school funding as well.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.