Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Omg the Pret ad!!!! Errrmmm talk about ‘off brand’ advertising buying food on the run, take out food and coffees yet she spends the rest of her time eating left overs, taking packed lunch on holiday, not eating out etc etc the list goes on!!! Obviously I get she’s in it for the money but can’t she see this is so against what she usually ‘promotes’ omg that’s made me irrationally irritated this morning. I was going to post a comment but what’s the point?? Such bollocks 😡😡

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16

BillieR

Chatty Member
View attachment 2009855
😂😂😂😂 guys, we should be so grateful- she offers all her content, valuable thoughts and creativity for free 🙄🙄
I read that, stopped and tried to genuinely understand their thought processes and see if I was missing something or being overly critical.

They've genuinely considered substack - what would they put behind a pay wall? Genuinely, which bits of their Instagram posts and stories would they choose to be accessible only to people who pay? I have zero idea.

Then I read on, "but I also get that lots of writers and educators need to monetise differently, especially in the sustainably sector and sectors like racism education" - It's *outrageous* that she's comparing herself to people who do that work. Like yeah ok, she's decided they do need substack and she's decided not to use it, but she made the direct comparison between her work (advertising clothes and bitty homeware) and theirs, and thinks that she could, maybe, possibly, put her work behind a pay wall too.

Unbelievable

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

CornedBeefHashtag

What a load of BS. Even if she received some teasing about her glasses, she really needs to shut up about it now.
Far, far worse things will have been said to other kids at school (racism, homophobia etc) which will have caused actual lifelong trauma.
She is just SO desperate to try and find an angle for herself. Instead she makes herself look like a prick.

• Heart

MeWithTheHair

hahahaha the post about her more mindful shopping habits. What an absolute trollllololol! I don’t get how someone can be so blind to how hypocritical they are?! Or just plain untruthful? Monki. H&M. Even grabbing all the effin Anya shopping bags. Shop shop shop. Endless pairs of trainers. Everything over and over again and then bags and bags of freebies on top of it all! Even if she HAS slowed down on the fast fashion junk (which we know she hasn’t) then it’s easy to claim you’re buying less of it when you get other stuff for free instead. I do not get it. I don’t get how actually clued up people I respect a little bit more (like Erica D, or Hannah EnBrogue) who legitimately do either post honestly or actually practice what they preach somehow spur Alex on with comments and praise?! She’s not even trying!! LYING NOT TRYING! Gah.

• Heart

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
I only just read the newsletter and this made me laugh. Does that mean she and Dopey discussed it for 2 mins before moving on to which box set to binge next and which beige food to eat tonight?
F5F737A1-F21E-498A-ABD0-93C75309249A.jpeg

• Haha

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Today I went to Alex’s favourite TK Maxx and bought some pyjamas from a brand she recommended a few months ago.

Naturally I now hate myself and might subject myself to a walk of shame around Coal Drops Yard tomorrow…
---
Actually, just had visions of me walking around CDY with Alex in a black sack dress ringing a bell behind me and chanting SHAME a la Game of Thrones!!

Last edited:
  • Haha

MeWithTheHair

Clacton = prime Brexit territory. Bit Tory energy. Just sayin… !

(no shade, I’m in Essex too, but it’s true for Clacton and for Alex!)

the whole piece is weirdly laced with privilege (perfect for the audience there I guess) and worded so oddly - “drove our car” “seriously unfashionable” - but also reeks of the sort of “poor people tourism” the Times and others started about 10yrs ago with wealthy people discovering things like primark and Aldi sort of ironically and then it descending into fast fashion overconsumption mania - which we know our gal is all over anyway so… it is what it is I guess and she’ll never seem to get how gross it all is

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
So funny, Pret suddenly being her favourite, after preaching for years about bringing her own drinks in a re-useable mug and telling us that she saves money by bringing home-made ice lollies for her kids when out and about.
---
Snap Dizzy, we posted at the same time.

• Haha

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Some of the comments under the article are interesting! Love the caption - I’m a fashion editor, but I loved our Claction caravan holiday.

The article has a sniff of condescension and snobbery about it.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
I always think it’s such bad form for influencers to publicly respond to comments like that and not removing the username when they show them. It’s such an imbalance of power with their hundreds of thousands of followers vs this one poor person being picked on. Grow up Alex 🙄 also, your sack dresses look terrible.

Idk I’m cynical I suspect this will just be a new era of promoting needless consumption - soon it’ll be supplements, exercise apps and lululemon leggings because the economy is fucked and no one wants to buy her aff link ceramic oil jugs and what’s the alternative, get a job?? Eurgh!

If it makes her feel any better I reported the undisclosed hotel stay slides to the ASA 🥰😘

• Heart

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
What are these “work events” she’s resisting going to? Aren’t they basically jollies rather than anything remotely resembling work?

• Heart
Reactions: 15

skyehigh

Chatty Member
I would post my thoughts on the latest crap but don't want to devalue my work. Send cash!

• Haha
Ugh! The ‘fish and chips or we bring our own food’ line really bugged me - she’s so fucking tight! Surely one of the joys of raising children is introducing them to different foods and watching your kids try new tastes and cuisines, helping them to discover new food experiences. It doesn’t have to be expensive (they’re not fucking hard up anyway!), kids love it, it supports the economy of the place you’re visiting and it’s just a nice thing to do on holiday!
Me too! She spends so much on crap like tiger and endless reusable carrier bags and is so performative about buying second hand for her kids but won't put her hand in her pocket to support independent cafes and restaurants or the uk tourist industry. And then she has the cheek to churn out various 'guides' to places (only if it's for an undeclared ad tho!) but just mines get followers for suggestions of where to include

• Heart