The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but taking home a few left over potatoes in a doggy bag? And from a dinner with an acquaintance rather than good friends by the sounds of it 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m sorry but taking home a few left over potatoes in a doggy bag? And from a dinner with an acquaintance rather than good friends by the sounds of it 🙈
That was a bit weird, and it’s not like Alex to not tell us where she ate. I can only presume that’s because it wasn’t a freebie?

Reactions: 4
Plonking a load of random things on a tablecloth. The 5 bottles just needed a countertop or bare table and no friggin’ candles. She fails at this every single time. And the tablecloth is not sitting flat …
I love Bluebellgray. I’m fuming that they’ve chosen to work with her.

Reactions: 1
Alex mentioning that they haven't been 'child free for a long time' - 1) it's been the Easter holidays - so that's most people with school aged children and 2) wasn't she eating crisps in Eastbourne without her children on a midweek break only a few weeks ago?!

Reactions: 19
Alex mentioning that they haven't been 'child free for a long time' - 1) it's been the Easter holidays - so that's most people with school aged children and 2) wasn't she eating crisps in Eastbourne without her children on a midweek break only a few weeks ago?!
Exactly! She gets more insufferable by the day.

Reactions: 7
The acquaintance she met for dinner runs or used to run an Instagram account which highlights the importance of diversity in kids books. She actually sounds really interesting https://thepinklookbook.com/reading-diversity-out-loud-interview-with-danica-schneeweiss/

But I suspect a massive virtue signal incoming from Alex even though she has never commented on inequality or anti-racism work or anything political beyond prominently displaying the “diverse” books on Peggy’s shelf.

Alex's latest grid... "I shop for secondhand stuff online so I can buy brands I cant afford full price, like Vans"

Vans? VANS?!

She can't afford Vans for her kids full price?! They're like 35 quid! You can't be all 'Sezanne cardigan' one day and then 'cant afford Vans' the next! FFS.

It's sourdough all over again....

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Alex's latest grid... "I shop for secondhand stuff online so I can buy brands I cant afford full price, like Vans"

Vans? VANS?!

She can't afford Vans for her kids full price?! They're like 35 quid! You can't be all 'Sezanne cardigan' one day and then 'cant afford Vans' the next! FFS.

It's sourdough all over again....
Such a warped and fake view on “brands”. I would argue that Crocs and Vans are a similar price point. It’s just insulting for her to say she “can’t afford” anything at this point really!

And I just can’t believe that she is buying second hand shoes for her kids. I buy a lot of clothes second hand, but I would only buy shoes from vinted for the kids if they were unworn.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Even her favourite store TK Maxx sell kids Vans - why is she so tight?
And I just can’t believe that she is buying second hand shoes for her kids. I buy a lot of clothes second hand, but I would only buy shoes from vinted for the kids if they were unworn.
She might find herself in for a surprise with Cato - IME boys are much harder on their shoes than girls so second-hand pre-loved footwear just won’t cut it!

Such a warped and fake view on “brands”. I would argue that Crocs and Vans are a similar price point. It’s just insulting for her to say she “can’t afford” anything at this point really!
Yep, there's a huge difference between 'can't afford' and 'choosing not to spend.' If she had just said, we don't buy big brands (e.g. vans, insert other brand here) new because the kids grow out of them so quickly, that would make more sense...

Reactions: 14
UGH! I HATE tight people. Living frugally and mindfully (neither of which she does when it comes to tit she wants) is one thing, being a bleeping tight ass, especially when it comes to your kids is quite another.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Kids get second hand shoes and Alex buys herself 2 dresses for £80 to add to the hundreds of other similar dresses she owns (she’s not keeping them but she would have if she’d liked them more)

I understand many people argue that kids don’t wear shoes long enough to justify buying new ones as even second hand pairs wouldn’t have been much used, but I think for their feet/walk/balance/posture development it’s better to get a new pair. However, if Alex truly waited 4 years to get herself able to lift her own kids, we shouldn’t be surprised about where her priorities are.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I bought second hand (barely worn) Converse for mine when they were young (in about 85 different colours!) For school shoes or shoes they will wear most often, of course, ideally, new is best but there's nothing wrong with second hand at all. It's Alex's whole approach of "we can't afford" whilst spunking money on untold amounts of tit for herself that bugs me. By all means promote buying pre-loved/second hand/whatever you want to call it but don't do it under the guise of not being able to afford to buy at full price cos we all know that's bleeping bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.