The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex and Chris silently eating crisps every evening, in the smallest caravan on the site, where the children's pool was closed, the beds were so narrow her kids fell out and it was 10 degrees colder than London.

What does she have to make everything in life sound so absolutely miserable? She's had a holiday!
---
Is it even possible to eat crisps silently??
Silently sucking crisps

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She has no idea of the millions of families that cannot afford any holiday , taking my kid’s camping were the best years , shes a right moaner i hate it but i cannot unfollow , but im close too !

Reactions: 9
A UK caravan holiday shows the big flashy #gifted influencer holidays of the past are drying up/have dried up.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m confused why she is on this holiday. The whole thing seems totally out of character and miles from her usual aspirations and general vibe of trying to be ‘chic’

Reactions: 7
Camping is tit when you’re a parent!
We booked the smallest caravan! It was small!
It was ten whole degrees colder than London!
I forgot to pack tea towels, loo roll, washing up liquid or anything other than shorts for the kids!
No blackout blinds!
Fairground rides are overpriced!

Jesus bleeping christ what a moron and also a total fun sponge. And needs to give the exclamation mark button on her phone a rest.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Surprised there is not a pool near her. Love that we get all the details of her cheap on-brand holiday but the expensive secret one has a media blackout.
---
And all the details are her complaining naturally.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s gone on this holiday to score some ‘frugal’ points to boost her brand credibility a bit. She can’t hack it though cos the reality is she’d rather be sunning it in Spain in the free accommodation.

I actually think she is very, very stingy and really baulks at forking out on seemingly frivolous stuff and experiences, particularly for the kids - ice creams, meals out, fairground rides, holidays etc. It’s not a good trait and is going to be increasingly challenging for her as the kids get older.

Oh she’ll be on her 2 week break to Spain again this summer, though she’ll make out like it’s a long weekend for the ‘gram.

Reactions: 6
Alex was commenting on Ruth Crilleys post about her Peloton bike. Alex asking about the subscription process but then saying ‘I can’t afford it anyway’. Just in case we were confused about her enquiring after a bike that costs £1000’s. What with her being super frugal and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't really get why she's still going with the 'frugal' thing it just doesn't work anymore and I don't see how anyone could be following her for frugal tips? Back in the early days when she as on a low salary showing saving to get a flat, ikea hacks, cheap holidays, high street clothes (when she'd actually style things well) it worked but now they're two adults being paid to do up their house in London, moaning about how hard they work, how they're struggling, it just comes across that they're either foolish (and should go get jobs) or just talking nonsense and doing just fine and pretending to have no money for the sake of 'the brand'

Reactions: 23
I don't really get why she's still going with the 'frugal' thing it just doesn't work anymore and I don't see how anyone could be following her for frugal tips? Back in the early days when she as on a low salary showing saving to get a flat, ikea hacks, cheap holidays, high street clothes (when she'd actually style things well) it worked but now they're two adults being paid to do up their house in London, moaning about how hard they work, how they're struggling, it just comes across that they're either foolish (and should go get jobs) or just talking nonsense and doing just fine and pretending to have no money for the sake of 'the brand'
100% agree. She needed to change brand at least 6 years ago.
Now it’s a parody

Reactions: 15
She sounds more clueless by the day. Who would go away in the UK in May and only pack shorts for their children, Surely either herself or Chris would think to pack leggings or jeans for them also. No black out blinds - get creative with black bin bags or towels. Forgot some items - quick stop at campsite shop. Sat eating crisps silently at night - I’m sure they could have watched downloaded movies, listed to music with headphones. Read books. Or whatever. What did they think they were going to do??

She manages to make everything she does sound so dreary and dull.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Jesus! Moan moan moan. Sorry but they are bloody pathetic. The weather was cold - check the forecast before you go numpties, we forgot essentials - write a list (just like you do when you list everything that's in your cupboards each week apparently!) or just buy it there, the caravan was small - don't be such a tight arse and book a larger one, all we could do in the evenings was eat crisps silently - oh god duck oooooffffffff! Does she think this kind of fuckwittery is endearing? Relateable?

Reactions: 10
So depressing. I’m not a mum (yet) but I’m so sick of this narrative all over insta of people whinging about holidays with children. How tit it is, how they can’t go anywhere nice, how the kids wake up at 4am, how they have to sit in silence. Wtf!!

Reactions: 5
Why’s she saying there’s no pool near her, literally one in walking distance. What she probably means is they do t have the pricey David Lloyd or similar membership her peers have and she can’t be slumming it with the peasants. You’d deal with it so the kids could enjoy the water surely?!

Reactions: 5
It sounds like she’s never taught her children to swim or taken them to lessons!
That’s shocking if that’s the case. Probably because she is so tight that she can’t bring herself to fork out for lessons. Yes kids swim lessons can be pricey, but so is everything kid related. But you know that when you take the decision to have kids.

She really is coming across as stingier and more begrudging by the day. And clueless.

Reactions: 2
Jesus! Moan moan moan. Sorry but they are bloody pathetic. The weather was cold - check the forecast before you go numpties, we forgot essentials - write a list (just like you do when you list everything that's in your cupboards each week apparently!) or just buy it there, the caravan was small - don't be such a tight arse and book a larger one, all we could do in the evenings was eat crisps silently - oh god duck oooooffffffff! Does she think this kind of fuckwittery is endearing? Relateable?
I think I predicted upthread that the holiday narrative would be about how clueless they are and how hard holidaying with kids is. Poor things, they need a childfree break to get over it. It’s been what? 5 minutes since their last one?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.