The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here’s the thing for me. I don’t think they’re necessarily trying to sweep anything under the rug or ignoring it in the hope that it just goes away never to be spoken of again.

You have to remember that this is not a case of simply terminating an employee effective immediately, dropping a statement and that’s the end of it. We’re talking about the owner. And given the type of narcissist (among other things) the owner has demonstrably proven to be, this company is likely going to be in for a nasty legal situation in terms of getting him outta there.

Granted, the optics of John and Kevin’s social posts, WKs shenanigans over on the DIS Boards and what not aren’t helping. However, my theory is, credit card situation notwithstanding (as that’s well-documented), it’s probably not legally advisable (i say this as a layperson who works in a corporate setting) to release an official statement on the behalf of the company saying “he’s being ousted because of sexual assault allegations”, especially when said allegations wouldn’t be recognized at this point as more than essentially hearsay. (Again, I say that solely from a legal standpoint. I totally believe everything Dustin and Sean has shared with us and stand with them.)

I think if they released any statement essentially acknowledging the allegations and saying this is why he’s being removed, it could give Pete ammunition to claim hearsay and slander and possibly sue Dreams/DIS, etc. for wrongful termination or wrongful ousting or what have you, and then it will be impossible to get him totally removed from the situation. And he strikes me as being just the kind of person would do that to hold on to his power over everyone. And nobody wants that. Whether people like it or not, they’re in some treacherous waters and they have to tread carefully, lest Pete’s narc rage gets triggered.

It’ll be interesting to see how all of this plays out once all ducks are in a row and the dust settles. I personally feel like they’re following some solid legal advice, but they definitely need some PR help stat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
DIS unplugged. Despicable. Disgusting. Racists hiding in plain sight. Time to go

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Should we add Webmaster Kathy to the wiki? I'm a little conflicted because I don't want to give her publicity or attention, but she does have a role in the overall culture. Give me a thumbs up to add or sad face to vote nope.
Okay - I have added Webmaster Kathy to the Wiki under "Minor Cast". Feel free to edit or add if you have editing ability, if not let me know and I can update.

1691695516785.png

Attachments

I watched the podcast and it looked as if Craig was trying to keep Ryno in check. At one point he says something like, "Really, Ryno, put the breaks on it". I'm thinking that he may have gotten spoken to about discussing things on his private channel. Not that anyone has to take sides, but Craig always came across as a "company man". Granted, if I were catargaize them in this situation, Ryno would be the loose cannon, and could get the company in trouble. So, my guess is Pete is monitoring them for any slips. He doesn't strike me as someone who would go out without a fight.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched the podcast and it looked as if Craig was trying to keep Ryno in check. At one point he says something like, "Really, Ryno, put the breaks on it". I'm thinking that he may have gotten spoken to about discussing things on his private channel. Not that anyone has to take sides, but Craig always came across as a "company man". Granted, if I were catargaize them in this situation, Ryno would be the loose cannon, and could get the company in trouble. So, my guess is Pete is monitoring them for any slips. He doesn't strike me as someone who would go out without a fight.
The company is in the tit. I don't think it makes any difference who says what at this point

• Heart
DIS Unplugged #9 Twisting themselves into Disney pretzel knots trying to distance themselves from Pervy Pete's misdeeds

It's clear by now that John is going to try to keep it business as usual, see nothing/say nothing style.

My how SS Pete leaves a wake of destruction in his path. Those who just wallow in the wake and pretend it's not there will drown.
The only hope of DU and the Dis have of surviving is a full on restructure and rebrand.
While some like Corey are willing to put in the effort to save the company, John is lazy and it's looking more and more like John has the final say.

I’m being serious that live show horrible what did they talk about that was actually Disney?

I had to hear about bleeping target and your kid going to Huntington Beach Craig why did you not steer the topics to talk about something Disney or at least something Disneyland compared to Disney World the old live shows used to be way better they had questions to answer from audience.

I felt like an event this want to feel like I was eavesdropping on a lame conversation!

• Heart
It's clear by now that John is going to try to keep it business as usual, see nothing/say nothing style.

My how SS Pete leaves a wake of destruction in his path. Those who just wallow in the wake and pretend it's not there will drown.
The only hope of DU and the Dis have of surviving is a full on restructure and rebrand.
While some like Corey are willing to put in the effort to save the company, John is lazy and it's looking more and more like John has the final say.
idk why I expected any progress or change, and it sure is depressing

once again I hope Craig and Ryno get their resumes polished and get the duck out of there

Reactions: 7
Honestly really the only thing you can do is not visit the boards and make sure you are not subscribed to the YouTube channel. Subscriptions are a big deal in the YouTube algorithm so if they start losing subscriptions their rankings will go way down.

But, really their YouTube revenue has to be really miniscule so it probably won't make a huge difference.

Eventually all their fans will be too old to travel to Disney and they are definitely not gaining new fans, so they will just fade away. I just can't see them being a social media presence in 3-5 years. Their content is so niche and stale.

Here’s the thing for me. I don’t think they’re necessarily trying to sweep anything under the rug or ignoring it in the hope that it just goes away never to be spoken of again.

You have to remember that this is not a case of simply terminating an employee effective immediately, dropping a statement and that’s the end of it. We’re talking about the owner. And given the type of narcissist (among other things) the owner has demonstrably proven to be, this company is likely going to be in for a nasty legal situation in terms of getting him outta there.

Granted, the optics of John and Kevin’s social posts, WKs shenanigans over on the DIS Boards and what not aren’t helping. However, my theory is, credit card situation notwithstanding (as that’s well-documented), it’s probably not legally advisable (i say this as a layperson who works in a corporate setting) to release an official statement on the behalf of the company saying “he’s being ousted because of sexual assault allegations”, especially when said allegations wouldn’t be recognized at this point as more than essentially hearsay. (Again, I say that solely from a legal standpoint. I totally believe everything Dustin and Sean has shared with us and stand with them.)

I think if they released any statement essentially acknowledging the allegations and saying this is why he’s being removed, it could give Pete ammunition to claim hearsay and slander and possibly sue Dreams/DIS, etc. for wrongful termination or wrongful ousting or what have you, and then it will be impossible to get him totally removed from the situation. And he strikes me as being just the kind of person would do that to hold on to his power over everyone. And nobody wants that. Whether people like it or not, they’re in some treacherous waters and they have to tread carefully, lest Pete’s narc rage gets triggered.

It’ll be interesting to see how all of this plays out once all ducks are in a row and the dust settles. I personally feel like they’re following some solid legal advice, but they definitely need some PR help stat.
It could also open the company up to civil lawsuit as if they somehow knew there were issues with Pete and did nothing, well the employees could possibly take legal action.

Reactions: 3

This is incredibly well said and puts a lot of things in perspective. As much as I want everyone on the team to denounce Pete and condemn his actions, they need to play it safe for legal reasons. This is a sad truth in our society and our justice system.

Reactions: 7
Yes I think a lot is driven by legal reasons but, PR help is majorly needed. They need a formal plan for how to move forward and what they will and will not say. The constant pretending nothing is happening is not sitting well with fans. I’m not even sure how they move forward anymore. I don’t think anything will change other than we won’t see Pete anymore.

Reactions: 5
Yes I think a lot is driven by legal reasons but, PR help is majorly needed. They need a formal plan for how to move forward and what they will and will not say. The constant pretending nothing is happening is not sitting well with fans. I’m not even sure how they move forward anymore. I don’t think anything will change other than we won’t see Pete anymore.
Yep. Agreed. So, I've read this post from John about 10x. I've tried to see it from his point of view, but he seems to play the victim in paragraph 4, which coupled with the 2008 transcript from the Disney Citizenship Ceremony just makes me want to scream. 😱🙀

Okay, John...you say we are creating false narratives without knowing the first thing about you. Your remarks from that show over 15 years ago tell me all I need to know about you. You did that. No one else.

1691703892646.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
When this whole scandal started to really unfold with us hearing direct accounts from Dustin & Sean, I was very much willing to give Craig, Ryno, and John the benefit of the doubt- as they’ve who’ve I’ve always been the biggest fans of anyway, having met & hung out with Craig & Ryno at universal more than once … that we’re absolutely awesome … but now I am completely unsold on them all. I don’t want to watch or listen to anything they say or do. This is an abominable disaster being handled in the worst self-pitying way possible. That transcript is enough for me … my immediate family includes immigrants and disabled individuals. I don’t mean to add to the internet outrage… but these people are bleeping abysmal and selfish and have existed in their sham of a rich bubble for too long.
There has been zero accountability taken on the company’s behalf - or really anyone personally. Idgaf about the legality of statements, every one around Pete has enabled him for 15+ years and he has RAPED an employee. Maybe John & Kevin would like to be reduced to their physical appearances and handicaps and made fun of that way too? duck you craig, duck you Ryno, duck you john. duck the Dis. From a former hardcore fan.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.