The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Truly reprehensible - even in 2008. I had the pleasure of chatting with a member of the custodial staff at Hollywood Studios a few weeks ago. He left his country to come to Florida. He was an engineer there. But he said he was so grateful to be able to come here and find a job that allowed him to support his family. He was delightful and it was truly a humbling experience for me. Honestly it was one of the highlights of my trip (and I did submit a cast compliment).
I know a lady who was a lawyer in Honduras. She came here with her son in hopes that he would have the best life possible. He graduated highschool with honors and is now in school to be a physical therapist while working in the field as an assistant tech. I hate that our immagration war is based on keeping people down and out. Sure there are bad seeds, but the stigma isn't helping. They're people first, and nobody likes to be assumed that they're less than.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm not familiar with this site (and not sure how I feel about them quoting some of Dustin and Sean's posts - I know they were made on a public message board but something about reposting them feels awkward to me) but it seems to be the most accurate account of the circumstances. Also interesting that John (individually) and Pete's attorney didn't respond (editing so it doesn't appear John and Pete share an attorney). Corey apparently responded to the request but declined to offer any comment.

Disney pundit Pete Werner faces sexual assault allegations - Theme Park Tribune, theme park news

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That was before her son was born. This clip of her using that word comes up every once in a while. I think she may have even addressed it at one point and regrets it. The word was starting to be "phased out" but in 2008 it was nowhere near as taboo as it is today.

Plus I think they have done some good charitable works and fundraising for Down Syndrome. I'd rather encourage and praise people for changing and growing then try to beat them down for a mistake 15 years ago (I am speaking about Julie in the clip, not the rest of it)
Completely agree, as to Julie alone. And kudos to her for publicly acknowledging it. THAT'S doing better once you know better.

But the 3 Stooges can pound sand. Bob was the oldest, straight, white guy in the room, and he seemed genuinely moved by the naturalization ceremony. Too bad Moe, Larry and Pervy chose instead to turn it into a bunch of racist jokes.

Reactions: 11
WDWNT not reporting on this is trash what’s any other major outlets we can email to get attention

Reactions: 5
People who want to use their business should know who they're supporting. Especially since the only perk with booking an AbD is that you get to hang out with them. That's how they sell it, so they're relying on their "fans" to make it happen. Kathy had shined some light onto who those people may be. Sorry to the other agents who work there, but I've quit jobs because of conflict of interest.

Reactions: 6
I'm sorry that you had to read it. Unfortunately jokes like that aren't uncommon among white men even now. I noticed that Julie kept quiet in that transcript. They have no idea the work that goes into being naturalized, and that a lot of those people very well could have been doctors. But, than to say that they're only good for a blue collar job is just stupid considering what those guys were doing with their own lives. We know that Pete has always been scum of the earth, so he has some nerve making fun of anyone doing any sort of honest living. They're disgusting
I hope that both lawyers, and judge, in his case are one of those citizens
Agree. I at least get the sense that those two have learned that the world is bigger than they are, and that those stupid "white person" points of view is a real problem in our society. Of course, as public figures, they could be keeping it to themselves, but even then they've learned something.
---
I think that Ryno's joke about the drinks was more about drinks being spiked in bars. But, I could be wrong
So we can keep this thread on track, I will not comment on the "white men" and "stupid white person" references and take the high road.

• Heart
Apparently Craig gave another update on Patreon a couple of days ago saying Pete only stepped down but still has ownership in the company. Anyone have access and can share more info?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I came on here to say that I was going to stop following this because I didn’t think it was good for my progress. I took a break from tattle a few months back and it pulled me out of the headspace, but coming back and catching up and seeing the transcript, I don’t think I can stop now.

I get this was 2008 and times were different, I know at some point I’ve probably said something that wouldn’t fly now that was normal back in the day. When I was a kid ‘queer’ was pretty offensive and now the word is the standard for a whole community - not sure where that happened, if there was a gay vote on that I missed it.

That said, my husband Razek completed his immigration from Venezuela in 2018 and Pete bought him a gift, which was a shirt that said ‘I only look illegal’ - which my husband found really funny and wasn’t offended at all but he really rolled the dice on that one. But my husbands brother came to town to visit and he redid some wiring at Pete’s house to set him up for fiber (I assume was what happened, I’m not tech savvy) but he finished and Pete was like ‘oh I love how you latins know how to do that stuff - if you’re able to move over here permanently I can use a new house cleaner’ and his brother was like ‘I know how to do that because I have a masters degree in electronic engineering’

I was like damn Pete, why’re you offering him a cleaning job of all things?

Then at some point (maybe 2020-2021?) Pete wanted a new assistant and contacted my now husband for the job. I told him not to take it but he had just left his job at a school in celebration and decided to give it a shot, it lasted 2 days. On the second day he was supposed to be done with work and Pete asked him to drive him to the barber shop for a haircut, so he said he would and Pete had him hold his purse throughout and kept calling him ‘the help’ and ‘bag boy’ and my husband started snapping back at him, so Pete fired him. Which was for the best.

Pete doesn’t treat women or POC people very well at all and it’s consistent. Even our agent Danielle with MTO, he called her an unwashed pig and made her cry and then because she has a mental illness that she has medication for (and is fine on the medication) but she casually mentioned that she thought she was getting to a point where she could come off the medication and be ok but would be consulting with her doctor (just casually mentioned at lunch) Pete told me ‘you know if she goes off her meds, we have to let her go’ and I said ‘well she doesn’t work for us, she works for the broker, so we can’t make her stop being a realtor but also she’s been on the medication since she was a teenager - if her doctor says she’s mentally well enough to stop her meds we can’t force her to stay on them. She’s already said the medication makes her brain foggy so she wants to come off it if she’s ok’ and Pete was really against it and said she was ‘under your direct care and if anything happens, it’s on you’ - I explained to him that she’s under her doctors care and that it’s not like she’s a danger or anything, she just has a mental issue that she’s needed medication for.
---
Apparently Craig gave another update on Patreon a couple of days ago saying Pete only stepped down but still has ownership in the company. Anyone have access and can share more info?
Until Pete’s ownership is sold, he is still the owner. You can step down from a position and stop receiving a ‘salary’ for your work, such as hosting the show. But you are still entitled to an equal share of profit because you are still the/an owner.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
So we can keep this thread on track, I will not comment on the "white men" and "stupid white person" references and take the high road.
I too am white, and have first-hand knowledge of the liberties that they take when speaking in private, sometimes publicly. Obviously I know that it's not everyone, but not being the "top of the food chain" is something that a lot of them struggle with. That transcript is just one example.

• Haha
I too am white, and have first-hand knowledge of the liberties that they take when speaking in private, sometimes publicly. Obviously I know that it's not everyone, but not being the "top of the food chain" is something that a lot of them struggle with. That transcript is just one example.
Thank you for acknowledging it's not everyone. Just thought it would be equally wrong to say that's what white gay men are like. Also no mention of women when Julie who was in the middle of it is a woman. (Hopefully my assumption of her sexual identity is not presumptive).
All good.

Hmm I don't give kudos to people who behave that way and then only apologize when it is something that afterwards affects them directly. For example you say all kinds of derogatory remarks to the gay community but then apologize when your son says he is gay? No you should be understanding and compassionate before it directly involves your life. That is still an ignorant attitude. So no kudos to Julie because she realized this after and when it involved her own child.

• Heart
Yeah it 'isn't everyone' (really, are we still here?) but I challenge any white people who wholeheartedly believe that they don't have problematic beliefs systems or ways of thinking. I'm a liberal person but I'm white. I haven't had obstacles in my way, I haven't had to deal with certain things in life. I've grown up in a society that favours me and people that look like me.

On some level we can all be insensitive and make judgements, however hard we try not to be. And by minimizing it with statements like 'it isn't everyone' it takes you out of having to deal with less overt examples of racism that are more ingrained. Means you never examine your own behavior. Same with the phrase 'not all men's tbh. Like okay do you want a badge?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I just don’t like the way they are trying to sweep this under the rug like it never happened that podcast was the perfect opportunity to address it head on, and will not speaking of specific allegations just to rest a sure the community that the dreams team does not tolerate any form of harassment. Instead It’s breezed across like it never happened. It’s incredible.

You have a former member of your team who said he was raped and it’s confined that someone told him they did so this is bleeping huge and we’re gonna pretend like it didn’t happen? I just better not hear one more bleeping social justice lecture from ryno.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I came on here to say that I was going to stop following this because I didn’t think it was good for my progress. I took a break from tattle a few months back and it pulled me out of the headspace, but coming back and catching up and seeing the transcript, I don’t think I can stop now.

I get this was 2008 and times were different, I know at some point I’ve probably said something that wouldn’t fly now that was normal back in the day. When I was a kid ‘queer’ was pretty offensive and now the word is the standard for a whole community - not sure where that happened, if there was a gay vote on that I missed it.

That said, my husband Razek completed his immigration from Venezuela in 2018 and Pete bought him a gift, which was a shirt that said ‘I only look illegal’ - which my husband found really funny and wasn’t offended at all but he really rolled the dice on that one. But my husbands brother came to town to visit and he redid some wiring at Pete’s house to set him up for fiber (I assume was what happened, I’m not tech savvy) but he finished and Pete was like ‘oh I love how you latins know how to do that stuff - if you’re able to move over here permanently I can use a new house cleaner’ and his brother was like ‘I know how to do that because I have a masters degree in electronic engineering’

Then at some point (maybe 2020-2021?) Pete wanted a new assistant and contacted my now husband for the job. I told him not to take it but he had just left his job at a school in celebration and decided to give it a shot, it lasted 2 days. On the second day he was supposed to be done with work and Pete asked him to drive him to the barber shop for a haircut, so he said he would and Pete had him hold his purse throughout and kept calling him ‘the help’ and ‘bag boy’ and my husband started snapping back at him, so Pete fired him. Which was for the best.

Pete doesn’t treat women or POC people very well at all and it’s consistent. Even our agent Danielle with MTO, he called her an unwashed pig and made her cry and then because she has a mental illness that she has medication for (and is fine on the medication) but she casually mentioned that she thought she was getting to a point where she could come off the medication and be ok but would be consulting with her doctor (just casually mentioned at lunch) Pete told me ‘you know if she goes off her meds, we have to let her go’ and I said ‘well she doesn’t work for us, she works for the broker, so we can’t make her stop being a realtor but also she’s been on the medication since she was a teenager - if her doctor says she’s mentally well enough to stop her meds we can’t force her to stay on them. She’s already said the medication makes her brain foggy so she wants to come off it if she’s ok’ and Pete was really against it and said she was ‘under your direct care and if anything happens, it’s on you’ - I explained to him that she’s under her doctors care and that it’s not like she’s a danger or anything, she just has a mental issue that she’s needed medication for.
---

Until Pete’s ownership is sold, he is still the owner. You can step down from a position and stop receiving a ‘salary’ for your work, such as hosting the show. But you are still entitled to an equal share of profit because you are still the/an owner.
First, I want to say that is some a horrible comments to say to anyone.

---

So in your opinion Sean, Pete is still pocketing money from the Patreon? Glad I unsubscribed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
First, I want to say that is some a horrible comments to say to anyone.

So in your opinion Sean, Pete is still pocketing money from the Patreon? Glad I unsubscribed.
There’s no way he wouldn’t be. He is the owner of the channel and the Patreon. There’s nobody else the check would go to besides him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Sean, as much as we all love hearing your take on things here, please do what’s right for you! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
With his whole air of perpetual arrogance, dismissiveness, and massive hubris, I often wonder just how many times he has tried to pull that tit with people who don't give two shits about Pete Werner and who otherwise wouldn't give him the time of day, and has been met with a "Why don't you go duck yourself?"
---
Sean, as much as we all love hearing your take on things here, please do what’s right for you! ❤
1000%

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just don’t like the way they are trying to sweep this under the rug like it never happened that podcast was the perfect opportunity to address it head on, and will not speaking of specific allegations just to rest a sure the community that the dreams team does not tolerate any form of harassment. Instead It’s breezed across like it never happened. It’s incredible.

You have a former member of your team who said he was raped and it’s confined that someone told him they did so this is bleeping huge and we’re gonna pretend like it didn’t happen? I just better not hear one more bleeping social justice lecture from ryno.
He is quite possibly one of the most hypocritical people I've ever seen. How can you post a vlog in support of your victim friend and denounce the perpetrator (and make money from that video) and then still also remain employed by that perpetrator?

I did find it interesting to learn in that video that he was given a cease and desist by the Bob's Burgers people for selling artwork of their characters. I always wondered how people get away with doing that. Turns out, they don't always.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.