The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I unsubbed on YouTube recently. I agree with whomever said things won't markedly change unless they lose numbers. Rather than have a shakeup and try and start fresh it seems to be business as usual. And if Pete is still involved (even if he's stepped down) then I'm not interested in supporting that with a sub.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Their subs and views have not been affected. There was a 1K sun loss a few weeks ago but that’s it.
8B524A17-3623-406B-8066-D54A915B4B8B.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I get dragging John for this as he participated in this conversation, but what the do Craig and Ryno have to do with the transcript? This happened years before either of them worked there, and let’s not act like this transcript was common knowledge either before someone posted it in this thread this afternoon.

I’m getting so tired of this whole scorched-earth “everyone must blindly pay for Pete’s sins” attitude. Pete royally sucks. That’s an understatement. John and Kevin suck somewhat less. But still suck.

However, I’m finding it very interesting that despite Sean and Dustin saying repeatedly that nobody on the crew knew about the sexual assaults (except for Charles, apparently, and that’s only because Pete had the arrogance and the stupidity to actually admit it to him), people are conveniently ignoring this part, as though they’re telling the truth about the assaults, but somehow lying when they say they kept it to themselves. Please.

I’m not trying to moderate, but please get it through some of y’all’s thick skulls that the rot is at the top chiefly with Pete, John and Kevin.
You are speculating a lot for someone who isn't a part of the inner workings of the DIS and telling others to move on.
But someone who was (below) absolutely claims it was more than just the top that allowed this mess to happen.

So spare me your strange need to want to excuse people in all of this. Unless of course, you are Ryno or Craig as you seem so defensive of them?
Until we know for certain who contributed to all of this, I am not ignoring the other potential contributors in the room.
DIS3.png

Screenshot 2023-08-02 212632.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
DIS Unplugged 9: Run the duck Away

Reference
lol.. I am going to miss Pete ripping crappy dining to shreds I will say.

at the same time .. Who the hell orders a steak at an Italian restaurant?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Idk that it’s time yet; maybe for thread 10 or 11 but ‘that’s why God created staff’ need to come up at some point when the staff takes over operations as a name.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Idk that it’s time yet; maybe for thread 10 or 11 but ‘that’s why God created staff’ need to come up at some point when the staff takes over operations as a name.
Perhaps not here and now, but I know of a live streamer thread who could use a twist on that with "and that's why God created parents"... infact... lt's do it. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Or maybe not too soon. Staff (particularly Klanmaster KKKathy) has been pretty busy working that delete button on behalf of their overlords. I'd forgotten how they used to say "DELETE, DELETE, DELETE," on the audio podcast until I read that transcript. They really think they're just going to DELETE, DELETE, DELETE this whole thing off the board's, don't they? And go back to business as usual.

Reactions: 5
Or maybe not too soon. Staff (particularly Klanmaster KKKathy) has been pretty busy working that delete button on behalf of their overlords. I'd forgotten how they used to say "DELETE, DELETE, DELETE," on the audio podcast until I read that transcript. They really think they're just going to DELETE, DELETE, DELETE this whole thing off the board's, don't they? And go back to business as usual.
If charges are pressed they won't be able to delete delete delete it off the web as the discussion will be hot on everyone's keyboards.
Let's face it, they're all tired of talking about Disney. How many cupcake reviews, construction updates and price raises can you talk about and not lose IQ points? Give them something official and new they'll be all over it.

First time poster, long time lurker. WDWNTTV's opening bit tonight is definitely a dig at Pete.
I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.
I know Tom may not be everyone’s favorite, but that opening was epic.
---
DIS Unplugged 9: Run the duck Away

Reference
This one and the Grand Floridian review with his mom are two of the best/worst Pete watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Pete doesn’t treat women or POC people very well at all and it’s consistent.
Always felt this to be true, thank you for confirming. How are you a gay man with no Black females around you? There's no way Pete could handle someone putting him in his place, and that's how he got away with so much.

Yankee.jpg

How many sock puppets does Werner have? This one must have been sitting in the sock drawer for years...

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Just for the record, having read some of what was posted last night, we all agree that nobody on the team knew about the sexual assaults, right? But, Pete's bigotry, racism, and narcissism were not concealed, and anyone with a functional brain could've seen that he wasn't someone who could manage his own life let alone a business with employees. That's where we take issue, and hold John accountable. Those allegations were not surprising to anyone. It's not even a matter of hindsight, they knew all along. The legal, and social, battles are 100% justified. Now, John claims to be a hard worker, but his unwillingness to tackle this issue says otherwise. You can't take on the responsibility of employing people, and not do something when those people are being mistreated. It dosent matter that Pete was such a bleeping bully that it would've been difficult, that should've been even more of a reason to do something. Either you're ok with it or your not.

Reactions: 3
Just for the record, having read some of what was posted last night, we all agree that nobody on the team knew about the sexual assaults, right? But, Pete's bigotry, racism, and narcissism were not concealed, and anyone with a functional brain could've seen that he wasn't someone who could manage his own life let alone a business with employees. That's where we take issue, and hold John accountable. Those allegations were not surprising to anyone. It's not even a matter of hindsight, they knew all along. The legal, and social, battles are 100% justified. Now, John claims to be a hard worker, but his unwillingness to tackle this issue says otherwise. You can't take on the responsibility of employing people, and not do something when those people are being mistreated. It dosent matter that Pete was such a bleeping bully that it would've been difficult, that should've been even more of a reason to do something. Either you're ok with it or your not.
But - honest question - how do you get rid of the person who is the founder / owner / boss?
It's not like DIS has / had a board of directors (answering to shareholders) where, collectively, they could decide to oust the bad apple.

I still believe all of these scenarios, in hindsight, are easy to talk about in Tattle, but hard to do in real life.
(even if John's a piece of tit too... he didn't rape anyone and I still place Pete as the sole person we should be angry at)

Reactions: 11
This dipshit asked yesterday what was going on with Pete and what everyone was talking about. I and a few other gave them the cliff notes version and apparently someone (Corey?) is deleting replies. Anyhow, they go on to reply to themselves (like a bleeping serial killer) with this bullshit. They can go find Pete and insert themselves into hiss asshole since they seem to find such comfort kissing it.

1691765429036.png

Reactions: 3
But - honest question - how do you get rid of the person who is the founder / owner / boss?
It's not like DIS has / had a board of directors (answering to shareholders) where, collectively, they could decide to oust the bad apple.

I still believe all of these scenarios, in hindsight, are easy to talk about in Tattle, but hard to do in real life.
(even if John's a piece of tit too... he didn't rape anyone and I still place Pete as the sole person we should be angry at)
You're right. It's a difficult situation. One answer could be to back out and start your own business. That would have been easier than this. There still would have been speculation, but only at Pete. Obviously the stakes are high, but people have accomplished more with less. I mean, what is life about if not just being a decent person first. Nobody in good conscience would want to be tied to someone like that, emotionally or financially.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This dipshit asked yesterday what was going on with Pete and what everyone was talking about. I and a few other gave them the cliff notes version and apparently someone (Corey?) is deleting replies. Anyhow, they go on to reply to themselves (like a bleeping serial killer) with this bullshit. They can go find Pete and insert themselves into hiss asshole since they seem to find such comfort kissing it.

View attachment 2373168
Hm.
What are the chances Pete created some bogus, admin and non-admin level accounts for himself? Knowing Pete: very likely.
What are the chances Corey has found and removed all of these accounts? Probably hasn't.

Is the above Pete? :unsure:

Only way to tell is by looking past interaction. I don't have time at the moment and guarantee I won't care later 🤣

• Haha
Hm.
What are the chances Pete created some bogus, admin and non-admin level accounts for himself? Knowing Pete: very likely.
What are the chances Corey has found and removed all of these accounts? Probably hasn't.

Is the above Pete? :unsure:

Only way to tell is by looking past interaction. I don't have time at the moment and guarantee I won't care later 🤣
I'm absolutely 10000% convinced a sociopath with an ego the size of Werner's has a number of sock puppets he's set up over the years. The righteous indignance and throaty pearl clutching is a dead giveaway.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.