The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2987406
take a look at this loser swimming alone (in his t shirtđź’€) while his wife is at home alone taking care of their newly born son
Just say your parents had a desk job and you personally don’t know what it’s like to have to travel for work. Pretty sure Craig’s kid eats solid food. He’s fine, sounds like Craig missed his family? Do you hold the same resentment for people in the military who leave for months at a time sometimes with pregnant partners?

Reactions: 5
I feel like when Pete was there he would have taken Disney to task for both issues. That was entertaining and what set the podcast apart from different "Disney abbassadors". Pete was confident enough in Dreams bookings and its power with Disney to give an honest opinion. That set it apart from the other cheerleader channels out there.
Pete abrought a lot of passion to his criticisms of Disney. They usually came from a place of him genuinely wanting Disney to continue the unique way their parks, movies, music, etc. helped people through tough times or make really special memories with their loved ones. He never wanted Disney to let anyone down in that respect and felt strongly that the heads of Disney should share that goal. He wanted Disney to stay special, not become just another theme park.

Tom Corless is really the only person left with that approach. Most other Disney vloggers don't bring this to the table. They just like to find things to complain about, however minor, because it makes them feel important. Pete was always (and Tom is) a self-important prick, but it felt like he earned it in that area (and Tom is the only person whose POV I pay attention to now).

Don't take this as praise for Pete. It feels gross saying something positive about him and it's great that he's disappeared. I'm going to go boil myself in the shower now to get the ick off.

Reactions: 8
I totally agree that it's completely fair and reasonable to want your vacation to be your vacation - particularly when you're paying for the bulk of it. It's terrible that is the expectation and I appreciate knowing that the DIS has NOT become kinder, more professional etc. with "new" leadership, despite what they want us to think. But isn't Craig technically his immediate boss? I think we all know that Craig probably doesn't have much independent authority, especially in terms of money (and apparently creative direction), and they're all subject to John's ultimate decision-making, but I don't know that the right place to address it was live and publicly on a channel paid for by said employer. I know for the company I work for, if the social media manager went live on one of our platforms to complain about the company (no matter how justified), they would not be employed for much longer.
To be fair, it was on the Patreon after show, not the live Tuesday show available to the public. But I agree with the fact that it was still on work time, the team just seems to use the after show as a "safer space" and will even mention the fact that "John isn't watching so I'll say this" etc.

Reactions: 1
Pete abrought a lot of passion to his criticisms of Disney. They usually came from a place of him genuinely wanting Disney to continue the unique way their parks, movies, music, etc. helped people through tough times or make really special memories with their loved ones. He never wanted Disney to let anyone down in that respect and felt strongly that the heads of Disney should share that goal. He wanted Disney to stay special, not become just another theme park.

Tom Corless is really the only person left with that approach. Most other Disney vloggers don't bring this to the table. They just like to find things to complain about, however minor, because it makes them feel important. Pete was always (and Tom is) a self-important prick, but it felt like he earned it in that area (and Tom is the only person whose POV I pay attention to now).

Don't take this as praise for Pete. It feels gross saying something positive about him and it's great that he's disappeared. I'm going to go boil myself in the shower now to get the ick off.
I don’t completely agree with this take. When I was there, Pete would often rant because it made him the center of attention and almost without fail brought in a higher view count. He had no other reason than that because he didn’t need more reason than that. I say this because it was not uncommon for him to pontificate about things he didn’t take time to look into. He had a gift for not preparing, forming an opinion based on almost nothing, and then ranting or raving as if he was a supreme authority on the matter. When things required actual research, preparation, or education, the job got passed on to someone else once he figured out more than causing a scene was required (usually someone like nikkibelle).

There is a common complaint here that the current team does little to no preparation and just makes it up as they go along (I’m paraphrasing). If that is true, this is how and who they learned it from. It was how these shows operated for years. It’s why they see no problem with that approach.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Found someone scooting around looking for a Louis Vuitton bag the background of Ben and David's review of Lookout Cay.
1718292516465.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Kevin is loaded (with John’s money) why doesn’t he ask his doctor for Ozempic. In his condition I’m sure his medical insurance would pay for it anyway.

Reactions: 7
I feel like he’s that guy who just mows people down without a care…
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw him on the scooter.
---
I thought John & Kevin would make their new studio appearance to discuss this new island. If that didn't bring Kevin wheeling in, nothing will.

Reactions: 4
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw him on the scooter.
---
I thought John & Kevin would make their new studio appearance to discuss this new island. If that didn't bring Kevin wheeling in, nothing will.
Except maybe the need to shill for a new ABD trip. Jeff and Val alone can't fill up every one.
Found someone scooting around looking for a Louis Vuitton bag the background of Ben and David's review of Lookout Cay.
View attachment 2991925
Thank you for finding this! I've watched several vlogs about the new island, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of the four people from the DIS they sent on this trip.

• Haha
I feel like he’s that guy who just mows people down without a care…
...and blames them. In fact, he has already on a weekly show.
Does anyone know why he needs a scooter? Anything more than obesity?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Remember kids your morality and integrity is for sale so you can ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure early!

Reactions: 1
Kevin is loaded (with John’s money) why doesn’t he ask his doctor for Ozempic. In his condition I’m sure his medical insurance would pay for it anyway.
I'm not on Ozempic, but I did read where it curbs people's appetite or makes it difficult to eat a lot. This would take away Kevin and John's vacation joy. Not throwing shade, if you ever watched/listened to their ABD recaps, most of the places they went, they wouldn't participate in the activity planned and would find a place to eat.

“It’s part of my disability, jackass! I’m clubbed f’ing footed, you asswipe!” - Eric the Actor RIP

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3