The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I fault Craig for things, this isn't it. His son is probably like 18 months old? Hardley a newborn. He does seem to be doing this for his job and crappy of a job that may be. I'm sure Kylie was fine for him leaving for a few days. Lots of people have to travel for work on occasion. Whatever you think about Craig, he does seem to really love his family.

View attachment 2987406
take a look at this loser swimming alone (in his t shirt💀) while his wife is at home alone taking care of their newly born son

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 2987406
take a look at this loser swimming alone (in his t shirt💀) while his wife is at home alone taking care of their newly born son
#hosted

Can’t fault him here he has to go for his job these are the perks that you need to be #hosted for when your actually salary doesn’t allow you afford these types of experiences.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 2987406
In Craig's defence he's swimming in crystal clear tropical waters for a job and most of us probably aren't. As a snapshot of his life I have to say this photo doesn't shout 'loser'. And redheads can burn 15 minutes in June sun so he's only being careful.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 2987406
For all his faults, this isn’t one. Even if he wasn’t on a hosted trip and his son was still a newborn (im talking like 6weeks+ here) I’m a big advocate for each parent/caregiver taking time out to look after their own mental health, whether that’s swimming alone or whatever.

Reactions: 10
I also strongly believe that Kylie is a functioning adult who can take care of her own kid by herself, unlike another vlogging couple that has children(looking at you Jenn Tracker) .

• Haha
Reactions: 14
As much as I fault Craig for things, this isn't it. His son is probably like 18 months old? Hardley a newborn. He does seem to be doing this for his job and crappy of a job that may be. I'm sure Kylie was fine for him leaving for a few days. Lots of people have to travel for work on occasion. Whatever you think about Craig, he does seem to really love his family.
Agreed. Loathe the channel as we might, we are talking about a guy on a work trip. His son is 18+ months.

Reactions: 5
Kevin finally makes an appearance with John. Of course, it's to rent their rental property in Cape May. He must have his eye on a new, expensive Louis Vuitton bag.

• Sick
  • Haha
Kevin finally makes an appearance with John. Of course, it's to rent their rental property in Cape May. He must have his eye on a new, expensive Louis Vuitton bag.

What’s going on with John’s voice? It’s becoming progressively more hoarse/gravely.

I'm guessing it was more like John moved the camera in front of Kevin...

Reactions: 1
So I am still a patron and today I was off from work so I did listen to the live show and I started the after show, but I couldn't finish it so I went back to look at it tonight just to listen to like a podcast while I wind down for the night. Apparently it was removed.

Ryno had a brief but FAIR rant at the beginning of the podcast about how he had a trip planned to Disneyland California, which I believe is for gay days and for what he said he pays his own airfare, Disneyland pass for, private event ticket, etc. for. The way the convo went, he want off about how it's not fair that if he wants a Disney vacation to be his own vacation, that he shouldn't have to feel like he is locked into footage or feeling like he has the expectation to create a product for the dis. Apparently they are putting him up in a room that he agreed to do room and hotel tour footage for, but I just completely agree that his whole trip does not need to be trapped by work especially when he paid for almost all of it on his own.

We all get frustrated with things at our jobs. Maybe he was just letting that out in good company and with good listening ears and I support that. Clearly it has been something that he has brought up and was not addressed and that needed underscoring.
---

I live near and frequent cape may often in the summers. I opened this video and turned it off immediately. First of all, this is a channel for people interested in WDW. And yes many come from the northeast. But there's nothing strategic about them putting this on the channel aside from renting out their AirBNB. To go to cape may is so far out of the way for someone who drives the corridor down the east coast to Florida (I-95). Also, WHY aren't they in the studio yet? The studio that dreams built...come on, let's live up to your "promises."

Also I won't sign off on this but I thought I read that they sold their cape my house after all the stuff with Pete started to happen. I remember them mentioning the Cape May property as a rention/air bib type opportunity when they were still doing shows at Pete's home, but since then I had heard they sold it. At least I thought I did..

Last edited:
So I am still a patron and today I was off from work so I did listen to the live show and I started the after show, but I couldn't finish it so I went back to look at it tonight just to listen to like a podcast while I wind down for the night. Apparently it was removed.

Ryno had a brief but FAIR rant at the beginning of the podcast about how he had a trip planned to Disneyland California, which I believe is for gay days and for what he said he pays his own airfare, Disneyland pass for, private event ticket, etc. for. The way the convo went, he want off about how it's not fair that if he wants a Disney vacation to be his own vacation, that he shouldn't have to feel like he is locked into footage or feeling like he has the expectation to create a product for the dis. Apparently they are putting him up in a room that he agreed to do room and hotel tour footage for, but I just completely agree that his whole trip does not need to be trapped by work especially when he paid for almost all of it on his own.

We all get frustrated with things at our jobs. Maybe he was just letting that out in good company and with good listening ears and I support that. Clearly it has been something that he has brought up and was not addressed and that needed underscoring.
---

I live near and frequent cape may often in the summers. I opened this video and turned it off immediately. First of all, this is a channel for people interested in WDW. And yes many come from the northeast. But there's nothing strategic about them putting this on the channel aside from renting out their AirBNB. To go to cape may is so far out of the way for someone who drives the corridor down the east coast to Florida (I-95). Also, WHY aren't they in the studio yet? The studio that dreams built...come on, let's live up to your "promises."

Also I won't sign off on this but I thought I read that they sold their cape my house after all the stuff with Pete started to happen. I remember them mentioning the Cape May property as a rention/air bib type opportunity when they were still doing shows at Pete's home, but since then I had heard they sold it. At least I thought I did..
Agree that not everything they do needs to be for content, particularly if they aren't being reimbursed by the DIS. But if they're not covering it, I question their motives in bringing that up on the podcast. Are they mad that the DIS won't reimburse them for it? Are they being pressured to cover it without being reimbursed? Are they annoyed at the 3 fans they have left for asking about it? Whatever the reason, it gives me the ick when they are so publicly bitter.

Excellent point about John and Kevin advertising their NJ vacation rental on their Disney travel show. Can't pay for a couple of Disneyland trips to get content for their Disney podcast, but let's devote an entire show to promoting a non-Disney Airbnb 1,000 miles away from the nearest Disney park. The blatant greed in putting their own personal profit above the company's interests is disgusting. At least when they were shoving their Orlando vacation rental* down our throats every week, that was relevant to people booking WDW vacations.

*The Orlando vacation rental is the one they sold. I think they've had the NJ home for a while; maybe they could no longer afford to keep both. So in yet another demonstration of their brilliant business acumen, the owners of a Disney travel agency sell the vacation home near WDW and keep the one in NJ.

Reactions: 4
Agree that not everything they do needs to be for content, particularly if they aren't being reimbursed by the DIS. But if they're not covering it, I question their motives in bringing that up on the podcast. Are they mad that the DIS won't reimburse them for it? Are they being pressured to cover it without being reimbursed? Are they annoyed at the 3 fans they have left for asking about it? Whatever the reason, it gives me the ick when they are so publicly bitter.

Excellent point about John and Kevin advertising their NJ vacation rental on their Disney travel show. Can't pay for a couple of Disneyland trips to get content for their Disney podcast, but let's devote an entire show to promoting a non-Disney Airbnb 1,000 miles away from the nearest Disney park. The blatant greed in putting their own personal profit above the company's interests is disgusting. At least when they were shoving their Orlando vacation rental* down our throats every week, that was relevant to people booking WDW vacations.

*The Orlando vacation rental is the one they sold. I think they've had the NJ home for a while; maybe they could no longer afford to keep both. So in yet another demonstration of their brilliant business acumen, the owners of a Disney travel agency sell the vacation home near WDW and keep the one in NJ.
This stems from years of that being the expectation. If they did do something on their own dime, it was expected they still cover it and they would get in trouble for not doing it.

Often with the promise of being reimbursed and that never actually happening or it being a fight to get the money back, which had other repercussions because you weren’t being a loyal person to the company. (Pretty much, you’re on Pete’s hit list and he’s going to threaten your job for a few weeks and be very cruel to you as a person)

So , think it’s years of that pressure and not knowing anything else. It’s taken me years of being away from that to break bad habits and for most people there, this is the first and only ‘professional’ job they’ve had so the standards we learned were Pete’s standard. The choice was always ‘do what I say or find another job’ and pretty much everyone signed a non-compete. Not likely enforceable but, it’s a big threat when someone is threatening legal action and they have (had lol) millions of dollars to come at you with.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I totally agree that it's completely fair and reasonable to want your vacation to be your vacation - particularly when you're paying for the bulk of it. It's terrible that is the expectation and I appreciate knowing that the DIS has NOT become kinder, more professional etc. with "new" leadership, despite what they want us to think. But isn't Craig technically his immediate boss? I think we all know that Craig probably doesn't have much independent authority, especially in terms of money (and apparently creative direction), and they're all subject to John's ultimate decision-making, but I don't know that the right place to address it was live and publicly on a channel paid for by said employer. I know for the company I work for, if the social media manager went live on one of our platforms to complain about the company (no matter how justified), they would not be employed for much longer.

Reactions: 4
I see it from two perspectives. On one hand, even though you're not getting paid to go on this trip, you have the advantage of enjoying the Disney content you love while running a channel that pays you based on your performance.

If I believed that by investing my own time into filming this trip, I could attract new viewers or significantly boost my patron numbers, I would absolutely do it. After all, this channel is essentially theirs since no one has been to the new studio except Theresa. Putting in the extra effort to create engaging content could make a big difference in growing the audience and improving the channel's performance.

However, if you choose not to put in the extra effort, that's your decision. Just don't be surprised when your numbers continue to drop.

• Heart

Let's all reserve dates and cancel them the day before you start losing your deposit if you cancel.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ok, I watched snippets from the latest show because I wanted to see how they handled Princess and the Frog and the new Disney island.

General consensus has been disappointment with the the story on Princess and the Frog and the island is too empty with a ridiculous walk when you get off the boat.

I feel like when Pete was there he would have taken Disney to task for both issues. That was entertaining and what set the podcast apart from different "Disney abbassadors". Pete was confident enough in Dreams bookings and its power with Disney to give an honest opinion. That set it apart from the other cheerleader channels out there.

Yesterday's show was just Craig defending the story of Princess and the Frog and doubling down that there is a story there and no understanding why anyone would not love it. Then on the cruise he kind of just hand waved real issues there are with the island and only offering minor criticisms. It feels like Dis Unlimited is now scared of their standing with Disney and doing everything they can to keep bookings through Dreams high.

To me, that is the difference between 12 months ago and now. 12 months ago the show existed as its own thing and was sponsored by Dreams Unlimited. Today it feels like Dreams Unlimited presents the show and is afraid to speak out against Disney.

Maybe it is just me, but this show has no identity anymore as its main personality is gone. Instead of giving the show a new voice, it turned it into a commerical for Disney Travel. I am sure this is what John wants, but let's be real. If this is really what "creative freedom" means for Craig, then he might want to really double down on editing other people's stuff. I really hope that he is just shilling for his paycheck the same way he insists even today that they needed a new studio for Kevin's scooter. Craig, whatever hold they have on you, it is time to move on. I really hope your contract expires soon.

Reactions: 8
Don't you see a conflict of interest in wearing the merchandise they give you at the media event during your podcast, where you're supposed to be unbiased and honest?

It feels like Dis Unlimited is now scared of their standing with Disney and doing everything they can to keep bookings through Dreams high.
I watched their latest UO show where they were discussing the new ticketed HHN preview event and felt like this! I like Craig and Ryno, but it felt like they were fishing for an invite to the event. Or maybe in the past they have already received HHN-related media invites by this time but haven’t yet? They mentioned a couple times that they’ve been media previously and might be again, but they might not be. The Dis has very much lost its luster over the past year (or however long it’s been now😂). Maybe they are starting to get nervous about media access.

Reactions: 1
I watched their latest UO show where they were discussing the new ticketed HHN preview event and felt like this! I like Craig and Ryno, but it felt like they were fishing for an invite to the event. Or maybe in the past they have already received HHN-related media invites by this time but haven’t yet? They mentioned a couple times that they’ve been media previously and might be again, but they might not be. The Dis has very much lost its luster over the past year (or however long it’s been now😂). Maybe they are starting to get nervous about media access.
I think Disney inviting Tom Corless and WDWNT back into the media fold, and WDWNT's close association with Be Our Guest Vacations might be the writing on the wall.

Reactions: 3