The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey 👋🏻 all, I’ve been at WDW for the past couple of weeks. Last Sunday, 6/9 I was at Epcot and there was a big media event. I was standing at a trash can tabletop and was somewhat sharing it with a woman wearing a Media badge. Not a clue who she was. I turned around and there was Molly and Alan (Mammoth Club) meeting up with her. There was a guy also but admittedly I was a little star struck and tried to take a pic. I was looking back at the pics today and guess who’s with them? Didn’t have that on my bingo card. And I had no idea they hung out together.
Besides that, all WDW vloggers can rest easy since my photography skills are tit 😂😂.

IMG_3700.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hey 👋🏻 all, I’ve been at WDW for the past couple of weeks. Last Sunday, 6/9 I was at Epcot and there was a big media event. I was standing at a trash can tabletop and was somewhat sharing it with a woman wearing a Media badge. Not a clue who she was. I turned around and there was Molly and Alan (Mammoth Club) meeting up with her. There was a guy also but admittedly I was a little star struck and tried to take a pic. I was looking back at the pics today and guess who’s with them? Didn’t have that on my bingo card. And I had no idea they hung out together.
Besides that, all WDW vloggers can rest easy since my photography skills are tit 😂😂.

View attachment 2998767
There was a rumor an bit ago that Craig is Mammoth Club’s editor. They’ve been friends for a while I think!

Reactions: 3
I don’t completely agree with this take. When I was there, Pete would often rant because it made him the center of attention and almost without fail brought in a higher view count. He had no other reason than that because he didn’t need more reason than that. I say this because it was not uncommon for him to pontificate about things he didn’t take time to look into. He had a gift for not preparing, forming an opinion based on almost nothing, and then ranting or raving as if he was a supreme authority on the matter. When things required actual research, preparation, or education, the job got passed on to someone else once he figured out more than causing a scene was required (usually someone like nikkibelle).

There is a common complaint here that the current team does little to no preparation and just makes it up as they go along (I’m paraphrasing). If that is true, this is how and who they learned it from. It was how these shows operated for years. It’s why they see no problem with that approach.
I feel partly yes and partly no on this. In the beginning, going back to when it was audio only format, the rants were genuine and often accurate. At the time, there were only a handful of legitimate Disney Fan podcasts and Pete was the only one who seemed to carry credibility as a fan podcast that also would call out Disney for legitimate gripes. (God bless him, but you weren't getting that from Lou Mongello)

There did come a point in time when Pete's rants began to take on a life of their own. He clearly realized they were popular and he started to lean in to them and try to "give the fans what they wanted". In recent years some rants were merely performative and fell flat, but some were still effective call outs of Disney.

As for the show preparation under Pete, its the same story. In the beginning, the shows were really well prepared but over time definitely not so much. Its almost like a TV show that has been on the air for a real long time. There are some really good seasons and really bad seasons. I feel like if you watched the shows throughout the years, you can almost pickout the points when its clear Pete is invested and the shows are really tight and well done, and eras when he's not into it and was just "winging" the shows.

Reactions: 8
I feel partly yes and partly no on this. In the beginning, going back to when it was audio only format, the rants were genuine and often accurate. At the time, there were only a handful of legitimate Disney Fan podcasts and Pete was the only one who seemed to carry credibility as a fan podcast that also would call out Disney for legitimate gripes. (God bless him, but you weren't getting that from Lou Mongello)

There did come a point in time when Pete's rants began to take on a life of their own. He clearly realized they were popular and he started to lean in to them and try to "give the fans what they wanted". In recent years some rants were merely performative and fell flat, but some were still effective call outs of Disney.

As for the show preparation under Pete, its the same story. In the beginning, the shows were really well prepared but over time definitely not so much. Its almost like a TV show that has been on the air for a real long time. There are some really good seasons and really bad seasons. I feel like if you watched the shows throughout the years, you can almost pickout the points when its clear Pete is invested and the shows are really tight and well done, and eras when he's not into it and was just "winging" the shows.
I agree with a lot of this. I know a lot of people starting watching during the video (Dustin) era, but I thought the audio only version was the best era.

Like you said, a lot of the Disney podcasts at the time like Inside the Magic, WDW Today, Lou Mongello, etc were a little too pixel dusty. I was actually drawn to the team because I felt like they were the most honest of the bunch. Pete's rants at that time did seem more genuine. Granted, this was before I found out the truth about Pete.

My second favorite era of the podcast was when Jenilynn was added. The one thing the DIS was missing was a parent with kids to give a perspective.

They have Kevin for that.
Even though he doesn't have children he knows more than all parents ever because some of his clients have kids. Also it always somewhat confused me when people would say please bring someone on with kids because pre covid, almost always Corey and Julie were on. They have kids. Julie may be a very sweet person but she really offered nothing to the podcast.

• Heart
Even though he doesn't have children he knows more than all parents ever because some of his clients have kids. Also it always somewhat confused me when people would say please bring someone on with kids because pre covid, almost always Corey and Julie were on. They have kids. Julie may be a very sweet person but she really offered nothing to the podcast.
Yes the only thing she ever offered was laughing at her own jokes. Or anything she said really.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Corey and Julie never seemed to go to the parks with their kids very often and never had the experience of traveling to Disney for vacation. JeniLynn and Deni were fabulous rare finds-current Orlando residents who could participate in person, but had the experience of traveling to Disney often with their kids when they lived elsewhere. Both well loved by the viewers and of course both driven away bc…Pete.
But Kevin taught kindergarten for a minute 30 years ago.

Reactions: 6
I do remember how he would occasionally drop by and lecture us about not questioning or talking to people with disabilities, as if they were some sort of endangered species. Seriously, we get it and treat everyone with respect, so he really needed to chill out. Or he'd follow up with his diversity lectures while jet-setting around the world with people who look exactly like him, all flaunting Louis Vuitton bags. Ugly inside and out.

Reactions: 4
If I recall, Julie was only really a fan of Disney movies and not so much the parks.

Reactions: 1
Haha! So true. He seems like a hostage who is forced to make videos to pay off 800k in debt
Yeah, these new videos are…different. Feels like they’re advertising the rental properties more than Dreams at this point, but since the Northeast is a travel blind spot for me learning about the actual Cape May was pretty fun.