The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amazing news! The show is over, they cannot run it without Craig. Ryno needs to move to California.
Ryno needs to apply at McDonald’s. Although that’s probably too stressful for him. He’ll probably just end up on Disability benefits living in his mother’s basement with his Funkos.

Reactions: 1
@imjenilynn in this office on Monday when they say hey didn’t you work with that guy?

mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif
No, Craig landed a position in one of the most prestigious departments in the company. I’ll likely tell people, “Craig and I are like 🤞🏼.” 😂

I couldn’t be happier for him. He’s been looking for and working towards his out for a long time. In truth, he’s been chasing it doggedly. You guys haven’t been able to see it, but that’s where his effort has been.

I am celebrating this for his family. Craig will now have a lot of healing to do. The PTSD will kick in, and he will have a real case of “survivor’s guilt,” but the healing can finally start. I couldn’t celebrate this more.
---
I wonder if he’s doing something similar to @imjenilynn ??
He isn’t, but it seems likely our departments will work on projects together sometimes, and that means there is a chance I will get to work sort of with him at some point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
So I finally watched a whole show today not ONE Pete mention from anyone! @imjenilynn I’m so happy to hear that I really really hope he’s in Imagineearing as he loves Disney and all the details. Craig we are all so happy for you thank god you left that awful podcast and that anchor who holds you down Ryno.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So I finally watched a whole show today not ONE Pete mention from anyone! @imjenilynn I’m so happy to hear that I really really hope he’s in Imagineearing as he loves Disney and all the details. Craig we are all so happy for you thank god you left that awful podcast and that anchor who holds you down Ryno.
Wouldn’t shock me if he’ll work in multimedia with Imagineering, they are definitely making a push on their social media platforms to promote the division.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it’s also interesting that Disney published the princess and the frog ride through before vloggers got to. Curious if maybe Disney wants that advantage or privilege first and they know Craig always does a good job getting great shots of previews.

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched in a while. Have they actually mentioned Pete in recent shows?

Ryno couldn't keep up with his own thread on the DISboards. He never finished that essay, often goes off on tangents about things no one cares about, and has shown he has little to no work ethic. Today he mentioned needing therapy because he was expecting a traumatic day.

The show is over. Craig was the last connection to the "old show," and it was truly a good run if we were to be honest up until 2022. Now it makes sense that the show's quality has been poor because Craig was pursuing a premier job within Disney.

Reactions: 10
Now it makes sense that the show's quality has been poor because Craig was pursuing a premier job within Disney.
Exactly. He had one foot out the door and it showed. But good for him. He’s got a family to support. The Dis is lucky he stayed as long as he did.

Reactions: 11
Good for Craig - definitely feels like a mass exodus from the company since the Pete drama ensued. I do wonder how long the show will last now. I always used to tune in because Pete's rants were interesting (if not very diva-ish) but now that he is rightly gone and Craig too, the content will be mostly Ryno's anxiety. And that doesn't interest me.

Reactions: 5
Today he mentioned needing therapy because he was expecting a traumatic day.
Perhaps, because I haven’t watched the show, I lack the full context. However, it’s telling that he describes one of the best days in Craig’s life as "a traumatic day," making it about himself.

I might be missing something, but this really irks me. I understand he’ll miss his friend, but few people know what Craig has been through more than Ryno. Ryno likely knows more about it than I do, and I've stayed in touch with Craig enough to be motivated to help him search for jobs since Dustin came forward.

Knowing what this achievement means for Craig, to label it as traumatic because it doesn’t improve his own situation is just gross. There have been many traumatic days, but this isn’t one of them. Please celebrate your friend and don’t taint his big accomplishment with such sentiments—at least not today. Give Craig this day to enjoy his success.

And now, I’ll go back to holding my tongue about this one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
They probably won't replace Craig with a warm body because the business that the Dis generates for Dreams doesn't warrant it financially.

Reactions: 4
Since Ryno has zero follow-through this remains to be seen BUT he did say after October he would likely be moving away. Probably back home to the northeast. IDK if he will or as JL said he is trying to turn Craig's triumph into a "trauma" that is all about him. I guess we shall see. That notwithstanding, as many have said, the channel can not survive. There is no personality there. At all. Also, who will edit and put together the videos with Craig gone? Certainly not Ryno. I guess at least they devoted a whole show to sending him off. Not just a passing sentence as in years past with other employees.

Reactions: 6
I previously criticized Craig for his reviews of Tiana and the new Disney island. Knowing what I do now, the reviews make perfect sense.

Considering that he was either in the final stages of interviewing or actually had an offer with Disney when he made the reviews, I think he did a really good job. There is no way he was going to risk possibly a life changing opportunity to put Disney in a negative light for a show that maybe 8500 people watch. It is clear to me that he knew the position he was in and tried to walk a fine line - as he should. You do not criticize a current / future employer, especially Disney.

I have no doubt he will have great success in whatever his new role is. I really applaud him for getting out of the situation he was in.

As for the show, they should really just pack it up. If I was an investor in Dreams, there is no way I would put any money into it. Let it die. Give Ryno a job with Dreams Unlimited as a travel agent. If he doesn't want to do that, cut your losses.

Reactions: 12
Since Ryno has zero follow-through this remains to be seen BUT he did say after October he would likely be moving away. Probably back home to the northeast. IDK if he will or as JL said he is trying to turn Craig's triumph into a "trauma" that is all about him. I guess we shall see. That notwithstanding, as many have said, the channel can not survive. There is no personality there. At all. Also, who will edit and put together the videos with Craig gone? Certainly not Ryno. I guess at least they devoted a whole show to sending him off. Not just a passing sentence as in years past with other employees.
A few months ago, Craig revealed on the DIS Boards that Ryno isn't passionate about Disney - for him it's just a job. While it's fine to ride along on others' enthusiasm, how is Ryno going to carry this himself, if he is the only Producer left? Or are there other people behind the scenes who create content?

In Ryno's Livestream on Monday he said he's looking for a new place as his lease is up the end of August and that he is considering moving somewhere else - he mentioned Palm Springs, California but he wasn't sure what he would do there. He said 'there are things I will obviously miss in Florida, I have decided at least for my own mental health..." but then didn't elaborate much more other than he's going to hang around for this year's Halloween season.

He was drinking a very large Gin & Tonic and seemed to get tipsier as the show went on. He announced about 36 minutes in that 'I have a very big day tomorrow, a very important day that I hope everybody stays tuned for... it's going to be good, I'm not going to be stressed about it". After that he seemed to lose his thread a lot and started gabbling. Someone in the comments congratulated him for 'taking over' at the Dis Unlimited, has this been confirmed? I haven't watched the Tuesday show. He sounded like a man who isn't necessarily hanging around and isn't taking over anything.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7