The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what Craig is missing is that with virtual YouTube shows/podcasts is that all the co-hosts like each other, and are passionate about what they are discussing.

You get the feeling John and Kevin would rather be anywhere else, probably screaming at some young waiter in Europe for getting their order wrong.

In fairness it's a very hard line to walk, being enthusiastic for something but not coming across as sycophants, I think the show years ago was able to do it. I just don't think they can do it now.
The show is good old dog that unfortunately needs to be euthanized. It’s over. Go with grace…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Dreams Unlimited Travel channel put out a parents panel show today. Something new. New faces. Responsive to feedback. Room to grow.
I like the two people on that show. Nice to have someone that isn’t a local and has a passion for Disney still. However I think they really should have put that content on the Dis. The nice part about the Dis is that it didn’t feel super heavy handed in sales, just sponsoring content.

Reactions: 4
I think what Craig is missing is that with virtual YouTube shows/podcasts is that all the co-hosts like each other, and are passionate about what they are discussing.

You get the feeling John and Kevin would rather be anywhere else, probably screaming at some young waiter in Europe for getting their order wrong.
I think they are very annoyed that Pete screwed their plans up at the company! They planned to just go on ABD's and cruise most of the year, stop by the show to shill some ABD's to keep the good times rolling! Unforunately for them, that plan came crumblijng down and now they have to actively participate in promoting the company. This is why they look and act like they don't want to be there because they don't!

Reactions: 11
I think they are very annoyed that Pete screwed their plans up at the company! They planned to just go on ABD's and cruise most of the year, stop by the show to shill some ABD's to keep the good times rolling! Unforunately for them, that plan came crumblijng down and now they have to actively participate in promoting the company. This is why they look and act like they don't want to be there because they don't!
I think this is exactly it. Except I would also add, they were banking on selling the company in the next couple of years and cashing out. Now, at least in the short term, no one would consider purchasing them with pending litagation and the brand no longer seen as "pristine". They are on the shows to try and save the brand so they can sell. They have no interest at all in the parks and it shows.

Viewers pickup on how disinterested they really are. Pete is a POS, however, as a public figure he was engaging and came across as passionate. This show is anything but that.

So, maybe they will continue to get a combined 30k podcast downloads and YouTube views a week and say they are happy with that. Their aging clients will continue to purchase trips through them, but at some point that well is going to run dry. They are not bringing in new and younger viewers and they have no appeal to young families that are getting into the prime years of visiting the parks. Instead, they court retirees onto lavish ABD tours. It is a niche they are filling, but I don't think it is sustainable and will not appeal to a potential investor as there is no growth there.

Reactions: 12
The problem is too is that this team is bleeping lazy as Craig even said in the two month period off he didn’t think of how to fix the Tuesday show. There is no effort in this team if you think a weekly podcast and having a dining review is enough to sustain a salary you are sorely mistaken. There seems on the viewer side there is absolutely no effort being placed in the production of this show at all.

Also who wants to go on luxury ABD with these miserable assholes? Does anything seem inviting to them at all? Does Kevin and John seem like they give two shits if you came?

Reactions: 11
The problem is too is that this team is bleeping lazy as Craig even said in the two month period off he didn’t think of how to fix the Tuesday show. There is no effort in this team if you think a weekly podcast and having a dining review is enough to sustain a salary you are sorely mistaken. There seems on the viewer side there is absolutely no effort being placed in the production of this show at all.

Also who wants to go on luxury ABD with these miserable assholes? Does anything seem inviting to them at all? Does Kevin and John seem like they give two shits if you came?
When I die, I will be sent to my own personal hell, which will be an eternal cruise with Kevin and John.

Craig should lock himself in a room for a week and watch the live shows WDWNT TV do every Sunday and Thursday with their teams. Even if it's not your thing, you can tell they all have a fun working relationship and still maintain a passion for Disney. The Sunday team that covers the news are all remote, but friendly enough with each other so that it doesn't feel like an HR performance review meeting. They're also not all local, so you don't get that burnt-out-on-the-parks whiff that emanates from the entire DIS panel.

Reactions: 8
Pete picked people first and foremost not for their talent or work ethic it seems, but if he thought he could control. If they had talent or skills that was a bonus. So Pete (who was a giant SOB) is gone and his team of misfits (for the most part) is left behind and spinning its wheels without some captain to guide the ship. Those who had some skill left for other gigs. Here is what is left.

I like Craig. I don’t think he is worthless, but he’s shown he does not to have the knack to take charge nor Corey. I suspect in part because John is not helping things either behind the scenes either, but who knows?

The whole “we cannot find a studio” is pathetic. Strip the show down to less people then find a damn space to make it work and squeeze everyone into it. Move the sofa out of someone’s living room and get some chairs and me it work. Find a meeting room at a local library or even rent a space for the time being at the Best Western off of the cross roads of cheap street and useful Avenue. It’s not like their production value at Pete’s garage was spectacular or akin to being at 30 Rock. It was fine. Just get back to close to fine now.

Maybe they all know they are a dead business walking and just waiting out for the end.

Reactions: 10
Pete picked people first and foremost not for their talent or work ethic it seems, but if he thought he could control. If they had talent or skills that was a bonus. So Pete (who was a giant SOB) is gone and his team of misfits (for the most part) is left behind and spinning its wheels without some captain to guide the ship. Those who had some skill left for other gigs. Here is what is left.

I like Craig. I don’t think he is worthless, but he’s shown he does not to have the knack to take charge nor Corey. I suspect in part because John is not helping things either behind the scenes either, but who knows?

The whole “we cannot find a studio” is pathetic. Strip the show down to less people then find a damn space to make it work and squeeze everyone into it. Move the sofa out of someone’s living room and get some chairs and me it work. Find a meeting room at a local library or even rent a space for the time being at the Best Western off of the cross roads of cheap street and useful Avenue. It’s not like their production value at Pete’s garage was spectacular or akin to being at 30 Rock. It was fine. Just get back to close to fine now.

Maybe they all know they are a dead business walking and just waiting out for the end.
Seriously. Rent a hotel room or an Air BNB once a week. It‘s Orlando. Stop acting like there are zero spaces available to you.

Seriously. Rent a hotel room or an Air BNB once a week. It‘s Orlando. Stop acting like there are zero spaces available to you.
Here's an idea -

Do it from a different Disney hotel or DVC propery each week. That way you can also comment on what you think of the room and amenties. Or does that mean John and Kevin would actually have to visit Disney every couple of weeks and kill it right there.

Because, you know, outside of Craig, Ryno and sometimes Erica the rest actually despise going on property. they are a bunch of people that get paid to promote Disney that really could care less about it.

Today's show was Craig, Ryno, Erica and Jackie (all remote). They didn't do specific segments and instead had some more free-flowing conversation. I think they were helped along quite a bit by the news on the Haunted Mansion bar and various news about the new Jollywood Nights event but it was a lighter, less awkward energy. Mentioned that the new Patreon is going live in November (including finally updating the name) and they have defined their new tiers in this post, which should be 'unlocked' for all to read.

Reactions: 4
If I want Disney news....Mickey Views offers the best and concise news and without ABD plugs.

Reactions: 14
Today's show was Craig, Ryno, Erica and Jackie (all remote). They didn't do specific segments and instead had some more free-flowing conversation. I think they were helped along quite a bit by the news on the Haunted Mansion bar and various news about the new Jollywood Nights event but it was a lighter, less awkward energy. Mentioned that the new Patreon is going live in November (including finally updating the name) and they have defined their new tiers in this post, which should be 'unlocked' for all to read.
$100 Tier: Open Invitation to participate in all pre-trial conferences in Amex lawsuit.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
1. Produce almost no content
2. Admit that you really didn't spend that much time thinking about the flagship show over the last few months
3. Admit that the energy is pretty low on the show.
4. Admit that you don't really have the personality for a youtube show (but think you would make a great vlogger!)
5. RELEASE your new Patreon Levels!!! You've earned it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Podcast studios are literally a thing, there's multiple in Orlando, they could rent a professional space with no need to set up anything for $100 a show until they get something permanent.

Reactions: 6
New DCL show today about rookie cruise mistakes to avoid. Craig, Jackie, Elaine (Dreams agent), and the new gentleman (also a Dreams agent) who was also on the parents panel show. It was fine - though I'm not a big cruise person. They posted it on the main channel not the DCL Fan channel -- not sure if it was intentional and they're listening to feedback or if it was a "mistake." That's three shows this week ... somewhat encouraging. I'm a glutton for punishment but still rooting for them to figure this out and turn things around. But agree with all other comments that their window of opportunity is closing quickly as people tune out.

Reactions: 2
Listen to a wide variety of podcasts as I have a long drive to work and back Monday to Friday. This was a fantastic show …the timeless advice of taking sunglasses with you to the Caribbean was mind blowing.
three shows this week..zero creativity and zero effort

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.