The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah there always used to be that negativity balanced with a lot of positivity from people like Deni etc. None of that anymore. It's just whining and misery. These people are lucky this is (probably was, soon) their job. You wouldn't know it from what they put out.

I see Deni is moving on from GKTW and into the church? Didn't know she was god squad but fair enough if it makes her happy. That's what these shows need most of all tbh, some cheer and bloody excitement.

I'm off to California tomorrow for a week of fun. Buzzing! It's raining here in the UK (what a twist) so yes I will be soaking up the sunshine and warmth
I think she is very god squad. I’m almost certain her husband was a pastor/minister before they moved to FL.

Reactions: 4
I think she is very god squad. I’m almost certain her husband was a pastor/minister before they moved to FL.
I think it was on her LinkedIn that she worked in a church as a group leader or something before The Dis.

Reactions: 5
Oh, Craig. I am no Joe Rogan fan, but if you think your dopey little podcast could ever get the reach that his does by putting out little video clips like his does, you are sadly mistaken.

I see Deni is moving on from GKTW and into the church? Didn't know she was god squad but fair enough if it makes her happy. That's what these shows need most of all tbh, some cheer and bloody excitement.
She was heavily involved in the church when her husband was a Pastor before. Where did you see she was leaving GKTW? I'm surprised with that move because she was only there a little over a year and seemed like a dream job for her.

Reactions: 4
Oh, Craig. I am no Joe Rogan fan, but if you think your dopey little podcast could ever get the reach that his does by putting out little video clips like his does, you are sadly mistaken.
I can't believe Craig brought up The View in his post as a measure of success. 🤢
---
His post was pretty sad. He literally said he didn't think about the new show format every day during the break. Yet then a few sentences he says that he IS thinking every day about how to make the show more successful. I feel bad for the guy. He's on a sinking ship frantically trying to patch up the holes and salvage it while the other people (Ryno, Corey, John) are just standing there not really caring about going down. But if he thinks he's going to build a nice life and retirement from this YouTube job, then he better wisen up.

Reactions: 8
What Craig is going on about makes no sense. He says maybe their format doesn't work on YouTube, it doesn't matter I for example just open a tab and play the it in the background and just listen while I work and it's still a disjointed mess. If Craig is so hung up about how virtual shows can have people step over each other force Kevin and John to do the show in the same room so you can cut down on the awkwardness of stop and start talking.

Also he talks about how good the show was back to 2016 yeah it had people with personalities and the bulk of the show was checked out like they are now.

Reactions: 10
What Craig is going on about makes no sense. He says maybe their format doesn't work on YouTube, it doesn't matter I for example just open a tab and play the it in the background and just listen while I work and it's still a disjointed mess. If Craig is so hung up about how virtual shows can have people step over each other force Kevin and John to do the show in the same room so you can cut down on the awkwardness of stop and start talking.

Also he talks about how good the show was back to 2016 yeah it had people with personalities and the bulk of the show was checked out like they are now.
Boredom and misery don’t work on any platform. Not just YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Another week another pathetic attempt. This group is not it. I watched a few minutes and it’s not watchable. They need to be in person and the group needs to be filled with people who want to be there and who like each other.

I saw Deni’s announcement she is returning to ministry. How is give kids the world not the most rewarding job? That seemed like the perfect fit for her.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know how to generate a referral code here to get in a new member? I should be at the right level, but I'm not sure how it works. I've been in touch with one of the Dis alumni and they are ready to tell their story here.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Maybe try the Site Support and Help thread.

---

Mod edit, agree. To keep this on topic you can post in site support for any questions as that's the right place for admin questions. Codes and registrations are paused at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3
I can't believe Craig brought up The View in his post as a measure of success. 🤢
---
His post was pretty sad. He literally said he didn't think about the new show format every day during the break. Yet then a few sentences he says that he IS thinking every day about how to make the show more successful. I feel bad for the guy. He's on a sinking ship frantically trying to patch up the holes and salvage it while the other people (Ryno, Corey, John) are just standing there not really caring about going down. But if he thinks he's going to build a nice life and retirement from this YouTube job, then he better wisen up.
I think John doesn't care but I would say Ryno and Corey have zero creativity. I was definitely right all along in my beaking of Corey. He has zero skills

Anyone have their patreon are they cranking out content over there because we clocked in with an almost two hours in content!

Reactions: 2
I've been watching Ryno's live streams and at the start he was excited about a fresh start and now he doesn't want to talk about work and seems to be sort of checked out of it again. I personally haven't been able to bring myself to watch the new weekly show, I got about 2 minutes into the new one, just past the intro and saw their faces and knew it was the same tit. With no discussion of change or the past it was just disappointing to hear that (on here).

As someone who signed up for the boards over 20 years ago it sucks to see something you used to enjoy a lot turn into such a giant ball of sadness and hate. I wanted them to have that fresh start and change but what are they even doing? Weird walking intros with bad jokes? That was old by the 2nd time.
---
I'm assuming that's Teresa's daughter Katie? She was awkward for sure but a nice addition, super cute and nice to see some family incorporated. Ryno mentioned Deni will be in a video soon too.
Ryno seems to be distancing himself a bit from the DIS. Whether it's on purpose or not is another story. But he's been doing a lot more streams on his personal channel including a weekly one now, and this weekend during his trip home documented his travel journey home (different content) and even had his mom on camera. That plus his collab with Deni this week at Hollywood Studios (one doing a baseline video, one doing a ABC commissary video). I think maybe he's trying to either salvage what he can or hold on to something while he can. For the record I like him a lot. But it seems like there is still trouble in paradise.
---
I saw Deni’s announcement she is returning to ministry. How is give kids the world not the most rewarding job? That seemed like the perfect fit for her.
I was curious about this too especially since she just has the heart and personality for any sort of position with that organization. I imagine she just felt called back to ministry, especially since she made very clear in her post that she would be back volunteering, in particular for the holiday festival coming up soon. To each their own, but maybe it was her way out of the DIS (which she also thought was her dream job) until she got things realigned in her life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I had a friend who worked with for a similar non-profit to GKTW, raising funds for childhood cancer. It was extremely draining for them because of the kids you work with and unfortunately a lot of times lose. They had to step out of it after a few years.

• Sad
The Dreams Unlimited Travel channel put out a parents panel show today. Something new. New faces. Responsive to feedback. Room to grow.

The Dreams Unlimited Travel channel put out a parents panel show today. Something new. New faces. Responsive to feedback. Room to grow.
I don't understand why they are segmenting their content. Wrap everything into the same channel and be done with it. I thought the Dreams channel was so John didn't have to deal with Pete for content. Turns out it is just to split their audience even further.

They really don't know what they are doing.

I think what Craig is missing is that with virtual YouTube shows/podcasts is that all the co-hosts like each other, and are passionate about what they are discussing.

You get the feeling John and Kevin would rather be anywhere else, probably screaming at some young waiter in Europe for getting their order wrong.

In fairness it's a very hard line to walk, being enthusiastic for something but not coming across as sycophants, I think the show years ago was able to do it. I just don't think they can do it now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.