The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Craig saw the thunderbirds flyover and the Halloween golf cart parade at FW - two things he's "always wanted to do." You've lived in Orlando for, like, 15 years, and worked for a Disney travel agency for 10. How have you not seen either of these things before?

They still can't plan ahead for the show. After seeing the flyover and the parade, Craig decides to ask the panel what's on their Disney bucket lists. Erika has an actual list saved somewhere, but she can't remember what's on it. Ryno says that FW golf cart thing sounds pretty good. John's done everything on his list. And Kevin recently attended a travel agent training where one of the speakers was the first female Thunderbird. Riveting content.
The DIS is done, they either need a complete rebrand and different direction or just all walk away. It just doesn't work at all and not being in the same room makes it even worse.

Reactions: 7
That's all these "shows" are - Zoom meetings. I feel like I'm watching a behind-the-scenes planning session about what topics they intend to cover on the upcoming show. The part they're missing is where they then leave Zoom planning meeting and write a script and produce an actual program.

Have they not seen Mickey Views?

ONE person literally gets 7 to 10 times the views of an Unlimited brain trust because he bothers to plan, write, and produce a show with accompanying graphics and video elements. And then he delivers that material with energy and passion.

There is no one on the Dis panel capable of doing any of that - let alone having an interesting point of view. BTW, Braydon's take on the de-theming of Disney resorts is light years ahead of any Werner rant about his French Onion soup not being salty enough. It should be required viewing for Disney management or anyone who misses the days when WDW understood the importance of making architectural statements.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This makes two weeks in a row I didn’t even care to watch the show anymore. It really sucks. Tuesdays used to be a part of the week I really looked forward to but these shows need so much work it’s just not even worth fixing. The dis is dead.

Reactions: 10
That's all these "shows" are - Zoom meetings. I feel like I'm watching a behind-the-scenes planning session about what topics they intend to cover on the upcoming show. The part they're missing is where they then leave Zoom planning meeting and write a script and produce an actual program.

ONE person literally gets 7 to 10 times the views of an Unlimited brain trust because he bothers to plan, write, and produce a show with accompanying graphics and video elements. And then he delivers that material with energy and passion.

There is no one on the Dis panel capable of doing any of that - let alone having an interesting point of view. BTW, Braydon's take on the de-theming of Disney resorts is light years ahead of any Werner rant about his French Onion soup not being salty enough. It should be required viewing for Disney management or anyone who misses the days when WDW understood the importance of making architectural statements.
This was an excellent point. Comparing what Brayden does as one person to what the dis does as a "team" is crazy.

Reactions: 9
Just hearing Kevin's whiny voice puts me off. He can go off on a rant like Pete but without any of the charisma. He's like a demanding 10 year girl who didn't get the birthday present she was expecting & has to complain to everyone for weeks. Kevin, never spend $53 on breakfast, especially when you are already 100 pounds overweight and certainly don't expect the room to be that sympathetic if you didn't like it, we don't care. In fact some of us are probably punching the air (I'm imagining Craig & Ryno doing this). Next time go to McDonalds.

Reactions: 15
Just hearing Kevin's whiny voice puts me off. He can go off on a rant like Pete but without any of the charisma. He's like a demanding 10 year girl who didn't get the birthday present she was expecting & has to complain to everyone for weeks. Kevin, never spend $53 on breakfast, especially when you are already 100 pounds overweight and certainly don't expect the room to be that sympathetic if you didn't like it, we don't care. In fact some of us are probably punching the air (I'm imagining Craig & Ryno doing this). Next time go to McDonalds.
For a guy who, in the not-to-distant past, was making $16.50 an hour teaching kindergarten, Kevin is mighty sure of himself.

Again, I’m not one to comment on someone’s looks because I don’t like shaming anybody for their intrinsic traits however, Kevin is so snarky and full of himself and always pushing luxury trips, Louis Vuitton bags for anybody doesn’t have the same values that he does. It’s not hard to see why someone so ugly on the outside on the inside reference point before but it’s like the old guy who has a BMW might have nice stuff but no one gives a duck.

Reactions: 5
I just watched the dining review portion. I can't get past Kevin talking about the server's behavior was an HR issue. Clearly, they don't practice what they preach.

I just watched the dining review portion. I can't get past Kevin talking about the server's behavior was an HR issue. Clearly, they don't practice what they preach.
Can you imagine the audacity that a servers innuendo comments made you feel uncomfortable yet you said nothing about your employees being sexually harassed, the bleeping nerve of that witch.

Also, Craig you’re not even trying at this point I watch the Dining review nobody wants to see stationary videos of you guys just blabbering on about food there’s no b roll there’s no music there’s no menu prices there’s no production quality or value at all in your videos what the duck are they paying you for?

Reactions: 15

They think that what worked 10+ years ago when they were the only game in town still works now. It doesn't.

Kevin whining and comparing Topolino’s breakfast to the McDonald’s big breakfast was peak whiny Kevin behavior. I was crying when they were all silent when he said he didn’t know what McDonald’s breakfast cost because John pays. One of you is physically going to McDonald’s and regularly buying that?! And you’re comparing it to Topolino’s? BOOOO. Stay home you old hags.

• Haha
Kevin whining and comparing Topolino’s breakfast to the McDonald’s big breakfast was peak whiny Kevin behavior. I was crying when they were all silent when he said he didn’t know what McDonald’s breakfast cost because John pays. One of you is physically going to McDonald’s and regularly buying that?! And you’re comparing it to Topolino’s? BOOOO. Stay home you old hags.
John being Kevin's sugar daddy will never not be funny to me... "Can I have another Louis bag? Please daddy?!" You're in your bleeping mid-60's dude jfc

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So if Pete is truly no longer associated with the company why are videos of him still on their channels? Is he getting paid for new views of those videos?

Reactions: 4
I wonder if John knows that if he’s willing to just be a sugar daddy, he can probably get someone way hotter than Kevin…

• Haha
  • Sick

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.