The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sexual assault allegations? Silent! Differences in political ideology? Comment and sell the Tesla!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Sexual assault allegations? Silent! Differences in political ideology? Comment and sell the Tesla!
You don't understand the difference between commenting on a highly personal illegal situation and talking about the views of a public figure?

Reactions: 4
He had no problem being in a business relationship with a predator and even if he was unaware of the specific rape of employees he knew Pete was a predator. On the other hand a large corporation that happens to have a CEO he disagrees with is a bridge too far? WTF?

Reactions: 8
You don't understand the difference between commenting on a highly personal illegal situation and talking about the views of a public figure?
I think many people are looking at John's attitude regarding Pete, BEFORE the behavior came to light in the public, not after the lawsuits were filed and the allegations came out. Regardless of how personal the situation may be, or John's (un)willingness to discuss it, people struggle to believe that Kevin and John had no idea that Pete was manipulating and abusing employees (although possibly not the extent). Remember, John was in a personal relationship with Pete at one point, and professionally they were co-owners of Dreams Unlimited, so it beggars belief that John was blissfully unaware and oblivious to Pete's behavior.

Maybe he can't say anything now due to the "highly personal illegal (sic) situation", but he definitely didn't do anything about it before it came to public light.

Reactions: 12
Actually, no I don’t. Not one statement on how we will get to the bottom of this of dreams unlimited always ensures we provide a hostile free work environment and these allocations will be properly investigated. You don’t have to comment on the direct person without giving people some semblance that you demand respect and harassment free policies at you workplace.

So for you to opine about your moral superiority to giving your Tesla away because Elon = bad is laughable.

Reactions: 5
John sat idly by while Pete the Predator only hired young, vulnerable, attractive men. I will cut him zero slack and have zero sympathy for him. He just enjoyed the ride while he showered Queen Kevin with expensive trips and merchandise. John is a POS. Just in a different way that Pete is a POS.

Reactions: 10
John sat idly by while Pete the Predator only hired young, vulnerable, attractive men. I will cut him zero slack and have zero sympathy for him. He just enjoyed the ride while he showered Queen Kevin with expensive trips and merchandise. John is a POS. Just in a different way that Pete is a POS.
Exactly. Kevin went from making, what, $17 an hour teaching kindergarten, to bragging incessantly about his love affair with Louis Vuitton and his inability to pass a store without going in and buying something else he doesn't need.

Reactions: 13
I think many people are looking at John's attitude regarding Pete, BEFORE the behavior came to light in the public, not after the lawsuits were filed and the allegations came out. Regardless of how personal the situation may be, or John's (un)willingness to discuss it, people struggle to believe that Kevin and John had no idea that Pete was manipulating and abusing employees (although possibly not the extent). Remember, John was in a personal relationship with Pete at one point, and professionally they were co-owners of Dreams Unlimited, so it beggars belief that John was blissfully unaware and oblivious to Pete's behavior.

Maybe he can't say anything now due to the "highly personal illegal (sic) situation", but he definitely didn't do anything about it before it came to public light.
It seems that John willingly put his head in the sand, made excuses, and/or hid behind the idea that they were two separate companies. Notionally that may have been true but the DIS team were (and are) on the Dreams payroll and it's always been clear that John has been highly involved, particularly when it comes to financial decisions. I doubt that he knew the full extent of what was going on but that's partially because he was willfully ignoring it. Terrible judgment, that hopefully he doesn't repeat.

Reactions: 6
It seems that John willingly put his head in the sand, made excuses, and/or hid behind the idea that they were two separate companies. Notionally that may have been true but the DIS team were (and are) on the Dreams payroll and it's always been clear that John has been highly involved, particularly when it comes to financial decisions. I doubt that he knew the full extent of what was going on but that's partially because he was willfully ignoring it. Terrible judgment, that hopefully he doesn't repeat.
Whether the bedroom or the boardroom, John was close enough to Pete for long enough to know who he was and what he was capable of doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If the audience, who only saw what was shown to us, could pick up on Pete’s sketchy behavior, then John who knew Pete personally could certainly pick up on what was going on. John isn’t as dumb as he looks.

If you're ever having a hard time falling asleep, just tune into one of the new DIS UNLIMITED'S weekly shows and you'll be out in no time... What a snooze fest :sleep::sleep::sleep:

• Haha
Still haven't watched a weekly show, no interest at all. I much prefer Panda's weekly show or even Deni's content.

I didn’t even watch today. I’m just not interested anymore, good luck Craig!

Reactions: 10
Craig saw the thunderbirds flyover and the Halloween golf cart parade at FW - two things he's "always wanted to do." You've lived in Orlando for, like, 15 years, and worked for a Disney travel agency for 10. How have you not seen either of these things before?

They still can't plan ahead for the show. After seeing the flyover and the parade, Craig decides to ask the panel what's on their Disney bucket lists. Erika has an actual list saved somewhere, but she can't remember what's on it. Ryno says that FW golf cart thing sounds pretty good. John's done everything on his list. And Kevin recently attended a travel agent training where one of the speakers was the first female Thunderbird. Riveting content.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.