Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
The bathroom thing is inexcusable. After all, she has said that all the plumbing was replaced. High pressure systems are not difficult to install when you have modern plumbing. Problems only arise when there are old joints that can leak under high pressure. And if the original installation was insufficient, electric showers would be a better solution.

As to the modern comforts... I don't know how many times we have been shown that old bed in the chambre de la tour. Poor Selmar has done his best making adjustments, and I think she had a custom-made mattress made to fit. But before that it was just some tatty old divan stuck inside a differently sized frame. Imagine driving for hours to get there and finding that. Nobody would want to spend the night in a bed like that. I would also hate having nowhere to put my things because every surface is covered in shyte styled with objets d'art.
On the French TV program Bienvenue chez Nous, the couple who got this bedroom....ended up putting the mattress on the floor to be able to sleep for what was left of their night.
No need to say that they were not impressed by the chateau 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Gibson

VIP Member
Exactly. Mojo has already named the new member/troll who tried out that nonsense about Dan and SJ last night. Sexual tension my ass. We can see the kind of man SJ has managed to attract. Dan obviously has respect for himself, his family and his wife. I’ve posted screen caps just recently where he doesn’t hesitate to let Stephanie know when she’s crossed the line with him. He’s the kind of person who knows the meaning of healthy boundaries.

Dan is also clearly a fantastic dad. The last two vlogs have focussed on his boys, and “The Chase” is such a cool gift to his eldest son.
Totally agree. He is a great dad and those two lads clearly adore him. Annalise is lovely, down to earth and practical. They are a perfect pair. I could see them being like the Fleuries if they ever got a Chateau. He is a quick learner and neither of them are afraid to roll their sleeves up and get on with it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Green Ink

I have found the not so good reviews left by French customers ! They were left on Booking.com

In short :

- Owner absent
- Have to do the cleaning in their bedroom themselves
- Problems in the bathrooms (water pressure, no shelves, no space)
- No modern comfort.

One customer says they were happy to leave... !

The difference with the British customers is striking : It's obvious that the British are influenced by the fact that Lalande featured in Channel 4 program and that the French have no clue of who is our chatelaine.

« accueil inexistant »
  • Nous pensions pouvoir avoir des échanges avec les propriétaires ce qui n' a pas été le cas Après le petit déjeuner, nous n'avons vu personne pour le départ très déçus de l'accueil
    Séjour effectué en juillet 2020

• Commentaire envoyé le 13 juillet 2019

De
    France

« Séjour pas super content de repartir. »
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • L'accueil+le service+pas de confort..etc
    Magnifique vu de l'exterieur .
    Séjour effectué en avril 2019

Commentaire envoyé le 6 mai 2019

William
    France

13 commentaires
    4 votes utiles

« Très cher pour la qualité offerte »
    • •Chambre Lit Queen-Size Deluxe
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • Confort très élémentaire. Sdb inadaptée : filet d'eau, pas de place, aucune étagère...
    Cadre général
    Séjour effectué en juin 2019

• « un retour au 18eme siecle agreable pour une nuit »
    • •Séjour de loisirs
    • •Couple
    • •Chambre Lit Queen-Size Deluxe
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • salle de bains
    le repas du soir et le lieu
    Séjour effectué en juillet 2020
      « Une retraite au plus profond de la campagne ! »
      • •Séjour de loisirs
      • •Couple
      • •Chambre Lits Jumeaux Spacieuse
      • •Séjour de 3 nuits
    • Do it your self ! surprise ! les chambres sont à votre disposition, y compris pour y faire les lits et le ménage ! Bon, pour trois nuits, pas de problème. Un peu surprenant quant on n'en a pas été avertis.
      Un accueil très chaleureux, une ambiance agréable, un lieu plein de magie. Bravo à ces familles qui passent leur temps à restaurer le patrimoine de nos campagnes et en font profiter leurs hôtes. Les repas du soir savoureux, un peu trop épicés pour mon épouse, mais il suffit sans doute, le sachant, d'en parler avant la préparation.
      Séjour effectué en juin 2019

• Commentaire envoyé le 7 novembre 20
The bathroom thing is inexcusable. After all, she has said that all the plumbing was replaced. High pressure systems are not difficult to install when you have modern plumbing. Problems only arise when there are old joints that can leak under high pressure. And if the original installation was insufficient, electric showers would be a better solution.

As to the modern comforts... I don't know how many times we have been shown that old bed in the chambre de la tour. Poor Selmar has done his best making adjustments, and I think she had a custom-made mattress made to fit. But before that it was just some tatty old divan stuck inside a differently sized frame. Imagine driving for hours to get there and finding that. Nobody would want to spend the night in a bed like that. I would also hate having nowhere to put my things because every surface is covered in shyte styled with objets d'art.

• Heart

Madame No

VIP Member
SJ has zero knowledge of biology and botany. I guess it wasn't required subjects in her education. I'm afraid Dan doesn't know much about plants either. He's good at cleaning up, making planting beds, digging ditches, but he's no plant man! On their spending spree at the garden shop, they blindly bought fruit trees, which are generally quite expensive, without doing any research. Perhaps this was Dan being passive agressive and wanting SJ to waste her money. Most of the trees they bought need to be cross pollinated with another variety of the same species. Unless there are those trees already around, they won't get fruit. I know they don't have any other almond trees nearby and they only bought one. SJ knows nothing about animal care. Her idol, Marie Antoinette, liked to play dress-up as milkmaid and frolic around and play farm girl just like SJ.

• Heart
  • Haha

FlyByeNight

If I drank a shot every time Michael said "Aga" in 2020, I'd still be drunk now in May 2021!

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: oh they would have fun wiring in electric showers if they haven't done them already. If the water pressure isn't good an electric shower won't help. I think they already have electric showers but could be wrong.

The debacle they had at Christmas 2019 when Mason's sister Ashley was there. Potty had to disconnect and remove a faulty radiator. Water was squirting everywhere. It was like watching a bunch of teenagers.

🤔 does it have an isolation valve .. failing that switch off the water and drain down the pipe first 🤪

View attachment 559279
View attachment 559295
When my friends started living at the HMN many of the radiators weren’t even connected and there were places where the pipes were installed but not capped off, never checked. SJ would just turn the heating system on and forget about it. Result: so much water leaking from the attic that the ceiling in the corridor between her apartment and Nic’s old room came down. For years there was no electricity in the small office next to the kitchen, for the same reason: short circuit because of the water leaking down. Instead of fixing it, she used extention cords from the rooms next to it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I thought to myself : hmmm usually, workers' lunch break is sacred (in France at least ;) ) and when you have manners, you don't interrupted someone's lunch/dinner.
Well we all know SJ is rather handicapped in the manner department, don't we...

I think the cleaning lady is called Marie Paupin? a local lady.
Before my friends started living at the HMN, SJ interviewed people for the job of guardian. Marie Poupin was one of them and actually SJ's choice, because of her obvious work ethics. Marie Poupin chose to accept an offer at a different chateau in the neighborhood, no doubt because of better working conditions and employment benefits. She's only working a few ours for SJ cleaning and gardening, payed in cash, no official employment, on top of her real job at the other place, where she also lives with her husband.

• Heart

Wee Donkey

New here, but been watching ETTC and DIY from the stat. Follow a few VLOGS, Subscribe to a few, watch some regularly. Watched a couple of Princess Stephanie's.. the one where they went to the Garden centre, bought compost, but nobody thought of getting a trolley to load up. I think that ended with her trying to plant seeds. Started a Valentines Day one where they spent 45 minutes opening presents. Skipped through most of it. Did watch one where she talked about her Daddy's dreams, how he installed the heating system etc (which seemingly from what I read from you guys, is pretty rubbish at heating the warehouse). No clue who most of the folks are at that place, and no real intention of finding out.

Don't do Patreon or any of those schemes. Can't see the point, but if folks want to help deserving cases, then up to them. If during a pandemic you find you have spare cash. Great. But putting yourself in penury just so someone can buy another chandelier, or magnum of Moet.. nah. If folks want to pay 80 quid to do a few hours gardening at D&A's.. fine. Was unaware of the restrictions. Thought at both that and the 'Fun Day' they included a Tour. Can't recall how many spots there were in the Garden Day, but it must pay them a few K to get stuff done.

Must say spending the odd hour reading the threads about St Michael of the Aga Saga, Princess Stephanie and her harem etc very fascinating. Really hope the Honfleur lot don't get too entangled with LoLande. Watched their episodes on DIY thought they were idiots, who buys a place like that, with a mortgage like that, without checking the structure? Since then, the vlogs have changed my opinion of them. They're doing it piece by piece, well, thoughtfully. His humour is very dry, and I'd rather watch a video of him planting trees than a bunch opening presents.

Does bug me when during a critical thread (around the time of St Michael's outing of D&A) and other times, how folks in the FB groups insist Fan Clubs can't be critical. It's as if nobody in the Beatles Fan Club ever criticised anything, every Manchester United fan thought the Glazer take-over was great, and no Tory ever had issues with May during her reign, and until 2016, NO Tory was ever Anti-Europe.

• Heart

MarquisOfNadaillac

It's only a little over 18 minutes long....this is what took a month to edit? Most of it was shot in one day.... What a crock.

Don't forget to dislike and unsubscribe! 😂

It was honestly so boring, 90% B-roll footage with no unique content or information, just small bits he googled right before filming. I can't believe I wasted my time watching it on 2x speed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
So what do we see in the Tattle Crystal Ball for this thread . (Just a quick heads up for you Fanny, to get ahead of the game.)
Of course, we await Cousin Annmarie's forthcoming advice of a change of placement for the panelling
  • Her hospital visit reveal - honeymoon cystitis? Can you imagine the pillow snorts?
  • The Orient Express Trip
  • Goodbye to Petherdick
  • FRK's "makeover" (Nanny McPhee in reverse!)
  • More tales of Woe from FRK and Sullen Sarah
And coming soon to a screen near you:
  • A trip to meet her "lover's" mummy and daddy?
  • The return of Wee Jimmy Cranky
  • Steve buys a new suit - or maybe Sara creates one like Snorter's from the donated fabric stash.
  • Publication of her new coffee table book, "The Comic Sutra", photographs courtesy of the female snappers.
So date she is indebted to Tattlers' help in prompting her about:
Her Mrs Robinson Moment with Little Boy Blue
The Murano chandelier in her Tart's Boudoir
The Lead Piping
Sheep Shearing
The necessity for French Drains

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Jill Scott @Alice allan i follow michael on instagram so i dont miss him quite so much
In case any of you miss MPK, here's his latest IG story...showcasing how exciting his Friday afternoon is--staring at himself in the mirror and admiring himself!

mpk1.jpg

We (don't) miss you, Michael. You have peaked at 35, and now your YouTube career is crumbling because of your laziness and complete lack of work ethic.

mpk2.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

stella65

Bravo Anna and Peter. Integrity, humility and honesty. Wishing all the very best to two lovely characters.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I always wonder about this. Mini Apron did at least do good in the gardens. Now nobody seems to care about them at all really.
This is yet another narrative that is invented specifically for the vlogs, to give her something to do. IJ is not a very good gardener at all, only basic knowledge and not much vision or feeling for what will work. She was very happy when my friends took over the garden work and in those years did absolutely nothing in the garden. Smoke and mirrors, even outside the HMN.

• Wow
  • Sad

sammy13

I've just been reading comments on D&A's children.

Whilst I can respect an opinion. I do personally feel it is one of the reasons children shouldn't be shown on Vlogs.
They can't defend themselves as an adult can to criticisms. I don't watch the Vlogs/series or whatever for this. This is where I feel social media/vlogs and reality programmes should draw the line. They need to be pretty robust personalities to be protected from comments however well meaning they are.

I won't say anymore, as it will lead to a rant.
Indeed...I personally find young Arthur absolutely adorable and precocious. Little sis will be a heart breaker soon enough.
Those comments were unnecessary. Had to say it...really bugged...carry on...

This is so sad. They're such genuine hard-working people and I admire their integrity. Loved when Anna said 'We feel that people who buy chateaux and large houses should pay for the renovations themselves. It's wrong to expect other people to pay for them'. 👏 👏 👏 Looking forward to seeing what they do next when they downsize.
They are winners...the way they look at one another, the way they speak to one another...true love is hard to find...and they are way ahead of the others...they have already won the game of life. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Green Ink

I think off camera no squeals, she wouldn't waste energy no, doesn't have any, only for grifting, perhaps a little self satisfied smile.
In some of the earlier vlogs, particularly the Sunday ones, where she would talk about toile or porcelain etc she was capable of speaking, behaving and acting quite reasonably. There was a vlog with her and IJ in the garden, talking about how the vlog had changed chateau life and the squawking and false gratitude was laid on in spades. Meaning, she was starting to rake it in from the grannies. She was noticeably different then. Actually, they both were. IJ came across more like the kind of Disney witch disguised as an old beggar woman who would give you her last apple. Opportunistic and greedy, the pair of them.

Stefanny looked like Little Edie from Grey Gardens.
Not for the first time, that's for sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
What the actual heck?!
Has MPK changed his genre?
Is he now running a travel channel ala Rick Steves?
I know we shouldn't be surprised. He's done practically everything from treasure hunting to painting; from chateau tours to how miserable his life is; some cooking and baking; from DIY renovation and dumping garbage to raising chickens and milking cows, etc.!
I guess he's trying to prove to his Grindr boys how versatile he is.

One afternoon, two parks, 21 days of editing, resulting in an 18:36-minute long vlog, of which, 85% b-rolls, 10% Wikipedia content, and his pimple for the rest of the time. He didn't even bother to inform or update his patrons! He just keeps pissing on them!
Congratulations MPK! You've achieved a new level of pathetic. :poop:

mpk4.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26