The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is yet another narrative that is invented specifically for the vlogs, to give her something to do. IJ is not a very good gardener at all, only basic knowledge and not much vision or feeling for what will work. She was very happy when my friends took over the garden work and in those years did absolutely nothing in the garden. Smoke and mirrors, even outside the HMN.
Interesting. The walled gardens, in the right hands, could be lovely. But, like everything else, they need direction and project-management if they are to be a success. It is notable how SSB clearly goes for days/weeks at a time without even stepping foot in them.

Most of the bathrooms have leaking fittings that were cheap indeed. No pressure, no hot water. And they're not cleaned properly. One would be lucky if one only finds old hair in the drains. An average youth hostel definitely scores better in this department.
It would go some way to explain why everyone in HMN has such dirty hair all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have found the not so good reviews left by French customers ! They were left on Booking.com

In short :

- Owner absent
- Have to do the cleaning in their bedroom themselves
- Problems in the bathrooms (water pressure, no shelves, no space)
- No modern comfort.

One customer says they were happy to leave... !

The difference with the British customers is striking : It's obvious that the British are influenced by the fact that Lalande featured in Channel 4 program and that the French have no clue of who is our chatelaine.

« accueil inexistant »
  • Nous pensions pouvoir avoir des échanges avec les propriétaires ce qui n' a pas été le cas Après le petit déjeuner, nous n'avons vu personne pour le départ très déçus de l'accueil
    Séjour effectué en juillet 2020

• Commentaire envoyé le 13 juillet 2019

De
    France

« Séjour pas super content de repartir. »
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • L'accueil+le service+pas de confort..etc
    Magnifique vu de l'exterieur .
    Séjour effectué en avril 2019

Commentaire envoyé le 6 mai 2019

William
    France

13 commentaires
    4 votes utiles

« Très cher pour la qualité offerte »
    • •Chambre Lit Queen-Size Deluxe
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • Confort très élémentaire. Sdb inadaptée : filet d'eau, pas de place, aucune étagère...
    Cadre général
    Séjour effectué en juin 2019

• « un retour au 18eme siecle agreable pour une nuit »
    • •Séjour de loisirs
    • •Couple
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • salle de bains
    le repas du soir et le lieu
      « Une retraite au plus profond de la campagne ! »
      • •Séjour de loisirs
      • •Couple
      • •Chambre Lits Jumeaux Spacieuse
      • •Séjour de 3 nuits
    • Do it your self ! surprise ! les chambres sont à votre disposition, y compris pour y faire les lits et le ménage ! Bon, pour trois nuits, pas de problème. Un peu surprenant quant on n'en a pas été avertis.
      Un accueil très chaleureux, une ambiance agréable, un lieu plein de magie. Bravo à ces familles qui passent leur temps à restaurer le patrimoine de nos campagnes et en font profiter leurs hôtes. Les repas du soir savoureux, un peu trop épicés pour mon épouse, mais il suffit sans doute, le sachant, d'en parler avant la préparation.

• Commentaire envoyé le 7 novembre 20

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
New here, but been watching ETTC and DIY from the stat. Follow a few VLOGS, Subscribe to a few, watch some regularly. Watched a couple of Princess Stephanie's.. the one where they went to the Garden centre, bought compost, but nobody thought of getting a trolley to load up. I think that ended with her trying to plant seeds. Started a Valentines Day one where they spent 45 minutes opening presents. Skipped through most of it. Did watch one where she talked about her Daddy's dreams, how he installed the heating system etc (which seemingly from what I read from you guys, is pretty rubbish at heating the warehouse). No clue who most of the folks are at that place, and no real intention of finding out.

Don't do Patreon or any of those schemes. Can't see the point, but if folks want to help deserving cases, then up to them. If during a pandemic you find you have spare cash. Great. But putting yourself in penury just so someone can buy another chandelier, or magnum of Moet.. nah. If folks want to pay 80 quid to do a few hours gardening at D&A's.. fine. Was unaware of the restrictions. Thought at both that and the 'Fun Day' they included a Tour. Can't recall how many spots there were in the Garden Day, but it must pay them a few K to get stuff done.

Must say spending the odd hour reading the threads about St Michael of the Aga Saga, Princess Stephanie and her harem etc very fascinating. Really hope the Honfleur lot don't get too entangled with LoLande. Watched their episodes on DIY thought they were idiots, who buys a place like that, with a mortgage like that, without checking the structure? Since then, the vlogs have changed my opinion of them. They're doing it piece by piece, well, thoughtfully. His humour is very dry, and I'd rather watch a video of him planting trees than a bunch opening presents.

Does bug me when during a critical thread (around the time of St Michael's outing of D&A) and other times, how folks in the FB groups insist Fan Clubs can't be critical. It's as if nobody in the Beatles Fan Club ever criticised anything, every Manchester United fan thought the Glazer take-over was great, and no Tory ever had issues with May during her reign, and until 2016, NO Tory was ever Anti-Europe.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I have found the not so good reviews left by French customers ! They were left on Booking.com

In short :

- Owner absent
- No modern comfort.

The difference with the British customers is striking : It's obvious that the British are influenced by the fact that Lalande featured in Channel 4 program and that the French have no clue of who is our chatelaine.

« accueil inexistant »
  • Nous pensions pouvoir avoir des échanges avec les propriétaires ce qui n' a pas été le cas Après le petit déjeuner, nous n'avons vu personne pour le départ très déçus de l'accueil

De
    France

• •Séjour de 1 nuit

William
    France

13 commentaires
    4 votes utiles

• •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • Confort très élémentaire. Sdb inadaptée : filet d'eau, pas de place, aucune étagère...
    Cadre général

• •Séjour de loisirs
    • •Couple
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • salle de bains
      • •Séjour de loisirs
      • •Couple
      • •Séjour de 3 nuits
    • Do it your self ! surprise ! les chambres sont à votre disposition, y compris pour y faire les lits et le ménage ! Bon, pour trois nuits, pas de problème. Un peu surprenant quant on n'en a pas été avertis.
      Un accueil très chaleureux, une ambiance agréable, un lieu plein de magie. Bravo à ces familles qui passent leur temps à restaurer le patrimoine de nos campagnes et en font profiter leurs hôtes. Les repas du soir savoureux, un peu trop épicés pour mon épouse, mais il suffit sans doute, le sachant, d'en parler avant la préparation.

The bathroom thing is inexcusable. After all, she has said that all the plumbing was replaced. High pressure systems are not difficult to install when you have modern plumbing. Problems only arise when there are old joints that can leak under high pressure. And if the original installation was insufficient, electric showers would be a better solution.

As to the modern comforts... I don't know how many times we have been shown that old bed in the chambre de la tour. Poor Selmar has done his best making adjustments, and I think she had a custom-made mattress made to fit. But before that it was just some tatty old divan stuck inside a differently sized frame. Imagine driving for hours to get there and finding that. Nobody would want to spend the night in a bed like that. I would also hate having nowhere to put my things because every surface is covered in shyte styled with objets d'art.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

In short :

- Owner absent
- No modern comfort.

« accueil inexistant »

De
    France

• •Séjour de 1 nuit

William
    France

13 commentaires
    4 votes utiles

• •Séjour de 1 nuit
    Cadre général

• •Séjour de loisirs
    • •Couple
    • •Séjour de 1 nuit
  • salle de bains
      • •Séjour de loisirs
      • •Couple
      • •Séjour de 3 nuits

Not my idea of a holiday! To have to do your own cleaning may as well stay home. More comfortable in my own king bed that I don’t have to worry about who had slept there before and the level of cleanliness. Too bad she can’t extend some of the onscreen gracious personality she exhibits in her videos! Disrespectful to her paying guests!

Reactions: 15
On the notes about this scholarship to the fashion institute? I thought a scholarship just meant 'Help with fees'. Not every Scholarship covers everything. Take for example the Scholarships that Stormzy is 72 years old's doing for Black kids at Cambridge. Ok it amounts to 18K a year, covers Tuition fees and some living costs. Apparently doesn't mean the winner can't also get the University's own Bursaries, which apparently runs to 3.5k a year, so obvs doesn't cover Tuition fees or much of the other costs. Whether the final qualification is worth anything anyway, that's different.

Reactions: 2
I wonder how much of her reactions come from her childhood. Lotl has previously stated that Mummy never gave her birthday presents, as she had already given her one, the gift of life....my late mother grew up the the 30's/40's, and was made very aware that her twin brother was more important/better than her. She had very little in the way of 'girlie' things, and her most prized possession, a doll went missing, never to be found. She loved pretty feminine things, and was like a magpie in charity shops buying blingy tat.... does this sound familiar?
I never bought that story that her mother never gave her presents. Isabelle seems more than happy to have strangers pay her daughter's way though life and she was always grabby hands when presents would come her way on the vlogs from what I remember last Spring. Both of them are complete frauds.

• Heart
Expedia

2/5 Poor
Verified traveller
18 Oct. 2018
Disliked: Room comfort
The chateaux is very atractive but terrible wifi,dinner over priced,electricity failed on one day and we were left to our own devices
Stayed 2 nights in Oct 2018

2018 they were charging guest for dinner? I can only imagine what the menu was, table d'hote or the prix fixe.

I know that this has been mentioned before....

Property is also known as
Chateau Lande B&B Crozon-sur-Vauvre
Chateau Lande Crozon-sur-Vauvre
Chateau Lande CrozonsurVauvre
Chateau de la Lande Bed & breakfast
Chateau de la Lande Crozon-sur-Vauvre
Chateau de la Lande Bed & breakfast Crozon-sur-Vauvre

Reactions: 9
BJJ got angry and made a diss track based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Veruca Salt - YouTube

Lyrics:
Ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah

La Stephanie, the little brute
Has just gone down the skeptic chute
And she will meet as she descends
A rather different set of friends

A fish head, for example, cut
This morning from a halibut
An oyster from an oyster stew
A steak that Marie Wiik couldn't chew
And lots of other things as well
Each with its rather horrid smell
Horrid smell

These are Stephanie's newfound friends
That she will meet as she descends
These are Stephanie's newfound friends…

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah

Who went and spoiled her, who indeed?
Who pandered to her every need?
Who turned her into such a brat?
Who are the culprits, who did that?
The guilty ones, now this is sad
Her old Mum, and loving... Dad

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Ma Petherick must still be sleeping this AM......interesting comments not deleted yet ⭐
I noticed a lot of negative comments deleted, some not vicious, just constructive criticism. Just reflects the integrity of people of only being shown in a positive light

Reactions: 23
The bathroom thing is inexcusable. After all, she has said that all the plumbing was replaced. High pressure systems are not difficult to install when you have modern plumbing. Problems only arise when there are old joints that can leak under high pressure. And if the original installation was insufficient, electric showers would be a better solution.

As to the modern comforts... I don't know how many times we have been shown that old bed in the chambre de la tour. Poor Selmar has done his best making adjustments, and I think she had a custom-made mattress made to fit. But before that it was just some tatty old divan stuck inside a differently sized frame. Imagine driving for hours to get there and finding that. Nobody would want to spend the night in a bed like that. I would also hate having nowhere to put my things because every surface is covered in shyte styled with objets d'art.
On the French TV program Bienvenue chez Nous, the couple who got this bedroom....ended up putting the mattress on the floor to be able to sleep for what was left of their night.
No need to say that they were not impressed by the chateau 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
BJJ got angry and made a diss track based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Veruca Salt - YouTube

Lyrics:
Ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah

La Stephanie, the little brute
Has just gone down the skeptic chute
And she will meet as she descends

A fish head, for example, cut
This morning from a halibut
An oyster from an oyster stew
A steak that Marie Wiik couldn't chew
And lots of other things as well
Each with its rather horrid smell
Horrid smell

These are Stephanie's newfound friends
That she will meet as she descends
These are Stephanie's newfound friends…

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah

Who went and spoiled her, who indeed?
Who pandered to her every need?
Who turned her into such a brat?
Who are the culprits, who did that?
The guilty ones, now this is sad
Her old Mum, and loving... Dad
Love it and humbly suggest this for consideration-Given the puppet that was sent on the GAG show. Sandie Shaw-Truly had A Eurovision foresight when singing her winning entry 'Puppet on a String!' No need to alter the lyrics who is the Puppet and who is the Master? Leading questions for the little muppets at LaLand.

I wonder if one day that,
You'll say that, you care
If you say you love me madly,
I'll gladly, be there
Like a puppet on a string

Love is just like a merry-go-round
With all the fun of the fair
One day I'm feeling down on the ground
Then I'm up in the air
Are you leading me on?
Tomorrow will you be gone?

If you love me madly,
I'll gladly, be there

I may win on the roundabout
Then I'll lose on the swings
In or out, there is never a doubt
Just who's pulling the strings
I'm all tied up to you
But where's it leading me to?

If you say you love me madly,
I'll gladly, be there

• Heart
On the French TV program Bienvenue chez Nous, the couple who got this bedroom....ended up putting the mattress on the floor to be able to sleep for what was left of their night.
No need to say that they were not impressed by the chateau 😅
I recall the vlog where she talked about appearing in this programme. Amidst lots of grinning and laughing it was revealed that nobody had cleaned the bathrooms because they all thought someone else was doing it. Yet they managed to win the competition. They are indeed charmed.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Most of the bathrooms have leaking fittings that were cheap indeed. No pressure, no hot water. And they're not cleaned properly. One would be lucky if one only finds old hair in the drains. An average youth hostel definitely scores better in this department.
@Clara Burnett do you know much about when the bathrooms were fitted in the guest bedrooms? Did SJ do any B&B before your friends arrived? It’s always seemed to me a lot of work and effort to squeeze the showers and toilets into each main bedroom (however badly it was done) if the chateau was only intended as a party place for friends and family who could really share a larger bathroom.

Reactions: 5
I've read a few posts about how different Princess Stephanie & rabble are to folks that don't do the Patreon route. Like the Ch Croix et Honnet folks. Actually doing up the property.

Would appear that due to Lockdown, and his real job that he apparently hid from Youtube (some retail linked job), has dried up. Last week they posted a video of them walking around the village, as prospective buyers were looking to buy their place.

Is it strange that none of the Pethericks etc could even lend them some dosh to help cover a few weeks?

Reactions: 3
I still can't believe someone sent toothpicks and common as muck spices (from a supermarket), opened during last week's CAC. I'm keeping track of the worst gift ever.
It makes you wonder if some of the gifters are having the old girl on with the crap they send. If I didn't have to pay for postage, I'd gladly send some of my discards!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
From reading some posts about how many food fads they have to cover, maybe the spices were a hint to jazz up the offering? Mind you, after watching a couple of vids, its not like she'd know which aisle you'd find them in..

Reactions: 4
From reading some posts about how many food fads they have to cover, maybe the spices were a hint to jazz up the offering? Mind you, after watching a couple of vids, its not like she'd know which aisle you'd find them in..
The spices was sent them along with a recipe, with the intent of using them for this specific dish.

Reactions: 5
Hi, new member here. I stumpled upon the Chateau diaries on watching-old-houses-get renovated-binges which started with Windy City Rehab on HGTV and was then followed by Christine McConell's renovation of her creepy 19th century mansion. Currently reading through all the past threads (30+ in just a few momths!!) about this channel. Unfortunately my local HGTV channel only has the Dick and Angel show available and not the DIY spinoff or I guess I would have found out about the chateau sooner!

So far I love:
- Stephanie traveling and visiting museums
- showing other mansions, refurbishings, really anything having to do with interior, art, history
- fashion and DIY
- all the pets

I don't like:
- the costume parties aka appropriation hell
- elaborate food vlogs

Currently on #61 (middle of 2019?). I am sure many of you have already seen all of them so I would like to ask you: will it get better or worse once quarantine starts? Would you recommend her patreon to me?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.