Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KiKiGee

VIP Member
And death issues where their coops are not secure against predators.
Just wanted to share this with you. I detested her before this post but now despise her. This was from the live chat yesterday...

The Chateau Diaries

Ruby was abandoned at the chateau by his previous owners, and can’t come into the château as 3 of us are allergic, but I didn’t have the heart to get rid of him. Luckily he’s happy with Selmar

This tell us everything we need to know about SJ. I've never cared for Selmar but I am relieved he is willing to care for the animals.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Madame No

VIP Member
Ah 🤗....the good old days....just watched an old CD where Gerry is firing up the pizza oven to cook lamb, SJ is actually cooking too along with Oliver who used to irritate me a bit with his slightly feminine vocal affectation. But compared to the videos put out since before Christmas, Oliver now comes across as manly! ( and I always did find
him witty.) SJ was wearing a too short dress (as usual) but with tennis shoes which was like a breath of fresh air.
And she wasn't acting as fancy or over the top manic as we have seen in recent months.
And say what you like about Mummy....I enjoy the videos SO much more when she is at the chateau trying g to "hold down the fort". She might be a greedy goblin but I find her humerous- especially when she is giving it to SJ.
I have often thought of why I ever start watching these videos years ago? I used to really enjoy them and wanted to be part of the whole La Lande experience. When she got popular, it really changed. Before, the focus was on restoring the chateau. The content was so much more informational. Now, it all seems so much like an act to just wind up the manic fans. Even the Sundays at the Chateau have gone down hill. I don't appreciate 'leftovers' and out takes being the topic of a vlog. It just means you don't have anything new to show and you've stooped to piecing together bits from the cutting room floor. The new fan base is very different from the old fan base. Oh well, all good things come to an end eventually.

I am a purger! Though not with food! Lol! Goodness no! But I just want to get my hands on that dusty rotten crap in the attic, the old servants rooms ( filled with bat poo) , the stables full of crap and the dirty room in the chapel that holds the priests vestments? Gosh the same massive cobwebs has been hanging under the round window for years!! And purge, purge, purge and scrub, scrub scrub. How can she stand knowing all that rubbish is EVERYWHERE and just play house with Snorts and eat bread with her gin and tonics.
.They have had all winter to dig in to those p!aces and pitch but did nothing physically about it themselves. Ugh.
And people wonder how Grey Gardens got to the state it was in! It's happening at the shatoo in real time. When lockdown is over, perhaps the Hotel Inspector can make a call with her bacteria counter. Maybe one of the gifters will send her one. Not that anyone there would use it. Personally, I would be afraid to eat from that kitchen not that I will take the opportunity as I have no desire to visit.

I wholeheartedly agree on that part.
Preferably French people that live nearby. From what I've heard, rural areas in France have a lot of people needing work. If I was going to stay at a chateau, I would really like to have a French cook that could offer me local cuisine instead of Marie's mish-mash. I wonder if the reason she doesn't use recipes is due to her learning disabilities. She once complained that the Thermomix was too difficult to use. She may have trouble reading and following instructions. That may be the reason she also prefers to work alone. Too many distractions are difficult for people with mild cognitive disorders. They need to focus on one task at a time. Also, I just don't know about having a cook that can't taste a lot of the dishes because of their own dietary restrictions.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
For those who managed to watch FRK’s vlog, did you see the tray of Rununculus outside her ‘studio’ 😀? I didn’t know they were Rununculus but she said they were - all completely dead and dried up to nothing. ”Oh well “ she says better luck next year. It’s got nothing to do with luck ffs you are passing that way several times a day, you are a 30 year old woman. How difficult would it be to sprinkle a bit of water on the seeds YOU planted!! 😠

• Haha
  • Angry

MsPitstop

VIP Member
From Boy Meth-rick's vlog. Love the last comment!

Mark Thorsen

3 days ago
As a chateau lover I had such high hopes for this channel. Looks like it has run its course.

Hide 2 replies
Lauryn Michelle
Lauryn Michelle
2 days ago
I feel like Michael has forgotten the whole reason as to why this channel was started. It's a bit disappointing to be honest.

Nadia G
Nadia G
22 hours ago (edited)
@Lauryn Michelle Yip, sad to see what's happening. I would rather support other chataue owners that desperately need the money! No work on the cottage in a long time!! Sadly people are like sheep, he will come back make a soppy video on how unfair life is, and there you go, people fall for it hook line and centre!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

ProfessorPlum

Chatty Member
- RE: Dan and SJ. I do not think it was sexual tension. Sure I believe Dan was smitten by her YouTube succes - wouldn't anybody else be? - I (like to) think he is very much content with his little channel, his little house and his little family, just content with what he has, just like Selmar. No need for delusions of grandeur like a certain shitelaine
Exactly. Mojo has already named the new member/troll who tried out that nonsense about Dan and SJ last night. Sexual tension my ass. We can see the kind of man SJ has managed to attract. Dan obviously has respect for himself, his family and his wife. I’ve posted screen caps just recently where he doesn’t hesitate to let Stephanie know when she’s crossed the line with him. He’s the kind of person who knows the meaning of healthy boundaries.

Dan is also clearly a fantastic dad. The last two vlogs have focussed on his boys, and “The Chase” is such a cool gift to his eldest son.

• Heart

Madame No

VIP Member
It's quite the shitoo if even a campervan is nicer.
Selmar has stated that the reason he does not take a room in the shatoo is for Diesel's sake. Apparently, Diesel can't do stairs and all the rooms are upstairs. As far as I know, that is the only reason Selmar has given. I think he knows how to be diplomatic in these situations. He likes his independence and probably wants to avoid any drama. I would do the same thing if I was in his position. Distance can be very good!

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Ruby was the author of his own destiny. The injury from his fight required a visit to the vets who must have recommended getting him done.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Apart from shearing, there are the three Ds of shepherding:

Dagging - cleaning bottoms (sorry...I can't think of a more subtle way of putting it)
Dipping - to keep fleece healthy and free of parasites
Dredging - worming

Goodness knows who, if anybody, oversees this basic animal husbandry.
Yes..it always amazes me that not agriculturpeople think that it is easy to keep animals...even a chicken can have a lot of health issues..

• Heart
Those big chateaux are a nightmare..even with a business you cannot cope...and if you have the money you would be a fool to invest it into something moneydraining like that...the work never stops..the cleaning.. the gardens, the maintenance..it never stops..and it drains your pocket very quickly..also the covid issues have learnt us that the lucrative gites can be very risky..when you get a lockdown..no one comes..And then i dont even mention the lack of comfort in wintertimes.. When you wanne buy in France buy something smaller, with not too much land...the taxes in France are heavy and the neighbors wont pay you for using your, well payed... many acres of land..Buy something you still can manage when you are retired..and doesnt empty your bankbalance..like Peter and Anna...and they... very sad..still had to sell..

Last edited:

Espe

VIP Member
I think Dan is amused by her, not attracted. He has a beautiful wife and family and lives a sane life. Yes, he must be scratching his head (like a lot of us) at how her channel is so successful and how she manages to hoodwink the grannies, when she is such a vacuous, narcissistic, talentless, lazy, deluded waste of space. Dan has his own agenda, and it doesn't include allowing himself to be drawn into Fanny's group of admirers.
SJ may have had a higher education than Dan but Dan is actually the wiser one and a nicer human being. He is also a better video maker. Even Selmar has more wisdom than our chatelaine!

How can Mummy think she has no mental health problems when she sees her dressed as she was when pretending to help wash the tiles?

What's the betting that SJ/BJJ will buy a drone to use? Doubt if Philomena will be much good with it though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Michael Morrison @Sharon-BLONDEBRIT My grandmother was great friends with Gloria, Anderson’s mother. What a loss. She was an extraordinary woman. Her art is so filled with love.
I can confirm this. Michael Morrison's grandmother was great friends with Gloria Vanderbilt, and I'm the Duke of Sussex ;) 🤡

• Haha

YoungAtHeart

For fun post.
Look what I found in my local cheap shite shop (“Noz” for those in the know.)
It’s a different LaLande, but at €2.90, I couldn’t not buy it!
We’ve just opened it. So far, it is a fair reflection of the price.
0EF8E662-3D67-4BEC-95FA-76E53400C07F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

FrankieG

He was 'done' because SJ reads this page and I don't believe it was a co-incidence.
Either that OR Selmar got fed up with him spraying along his van ! The smell is a tadge 'over powering'. Unnuetered males get very territorial!!
Who are we talking about here?

I fear BJJ will get the chop the moment one of the alpha (I use that term loosely) males returns to reclaim their territory.

• Haha
  • Heart

Madame No

VIP Member
News flash! Marie is buying her first car! I guess she's been able to top off her tank with the Buy Me a Coffee campaign. She posted her reaction and I'm sharing it here with you. Are these tears of joy or holy shit now I'm really going to have to put my money where my mouth is?!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick

Rory

VIP Member
It's May tomorrow! Can't wait until the boys are back in town! Nicko, MP and Oli. " The boys are back, the boys are back, the boys are back in town". Watch out BJJ insignificance on its way. (Apologies to Thin Lizzy).

• Haha
  • Heart

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Wonder what will happen with MPK...

From his last vlog... decades ago !

Jennifer Burk

Jennifer Burk
20 hours ago
I very rarely downvote a video, even if I don't enjoy it. This one deserves it. Travelling to another country to avoid lockdown is selfish. Taking a month-long vacation from a 'job' he wasn't doing anyway shows a lack of work ethic and is borderline taking advantage of his supporters. If mental illness is the problem, therapy is available via zoom. I suspect this activity is going to cost him a lot of subscribers.

Hide reply
Nadia G
Nadia G
15 hours ago (edited)
Agree! But sadly people are just blind and when you say anything about it, they want to bite your head off! I feel sorry for all the patreons. Look at he's last videos at the chateau, nothing was done at the cottage, taking advantage of people like that is simply wrong. There are so many other vlogs on chateau restorations that desperately need the money.