The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's only a little over 18 minutes long....this is what took a month to edit? Most of it was shot in one day.... What a crock.

Don't forget to dislike and unsubscribe! 😂

It was honestly so boring, 90% B-roll footage with no unique content or information, just small bits he googled right before filming. I can't believe I wasted my time watching it on 2x speed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It's only a little over 18 minutes long....this is what took a month to edit? Most of it was shot in one day.... What a crock.
I called it! I said he'd just film one day. He's a lazy tit. His patreons will be waiting another month for his next vlog. He won't be returning back to Trotterville anytime soon.

Plus I love the Freudian slip in Wade's comment: people keep your questions above the waste line

Yup, Boy Meth-rick is a waste!

Wade Wilson
Wade Wilson
1 day ago
Hey Celeste, no one is being nasty by stating the obvious, so there is no need for your rudeness. There's no need for any rudeness. The simple fact is he's not doing what he promised. The man is talented he's good at what he does but there's a line which he's pushing across very quickly. Look at what Stephanie is doing with the funds she is receiving and the amount of work she's putting in for the people who are paying for it. Then look at what Michael is doing. Chalk and cheese. Yes Stephanie makes more money but she's not off on holidays for weeks and weeks at a time with no content. Even while she is away she makes an effort to do as much as possible for the patrons. So you can see why people are starting to get annoyed. Sounds like you are trying to justify why you put your hard earned money in Celeste! People have a right to voice their concerns. As long as it's not personal and down right rude. It's called constructive criticism. I like the guy but I see everyone's point of view. Michael, read and answer people's questions and engage more with the people who clearly like you and support you. Then there won't be any need for criticism. And people keep your questions above the waste line and stop trying to pry into his personal life. Who he beds at night is no one's business but his. If he wants to share then he will. Let's all see what happens next. I hope everyone has a great day. Cheers
Read more

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have not watched any Petherdick’s vlogs since the one in which he went on ad nauseum about the imminent arrival of the Aga. I watched the latest and really enjoyed it! I thought it was well photographed and for someone like me who has never been to Madrid, the parks were beautiful, the city looked wonderful and the accompanying music was great. The only bits I didn’t like was when he was on camera 😆. He also said ‘we’ a few times so who was he with?

Reactions: 15
Oh Sir Trotter what have you done?!
Your devout fans waited two weeks for an 18 minute video about the parks in Madrid, yet the only thing they actually are yearning for is renovation work of the Gardener's Cottage.
You know, the one they are willing to donate money to. Losing 100 patreons on May 1st, I dare not think what will happen June 1st.
But Sir Trotter are you cruising in those parks and where is Gustavo, you did promise to explain it all during the Q&A session.... :coffee:

Not to mention Billy Spielberg has been missing in action for a month now and Chateau Rescue has yet to release an episode....

I guess it's up to Billy in a Wig Sadie 🦸‍♀️ & The Overgrown Oompa Loompa Ma Sherrie 🦸‍♀️ to save Basmignée with their vlogging - But where is Mo?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
If I drank a shot every time Michael said "Aga" in 2020, I'd still be drunk now in May 2021!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I expected it to be about public toilets and gay bars. Maybe that's the next one - due Spetember 2021.
Thank you for this one! 😂

It’s hard for me to understand how over 500 people are still hanging on as patrons.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
From the live chat
How To Renovate A Chateau
Why you should not volunteer at this chateau

ChiChiBlanchett
$10.00
Do you feel it's ethical for a business to use "volunteers" ? "we treat our free laborers really well" sounds like plantation owner mentality.

How To Renovate A Chateau @ChiChiBlanchett thank you very much, Chichi!

ChiChiBlanchett in my world we pay people who work for our business. call me old fashioned.
Tattlers, is this a subtle signal from Philipp that he too is reading this thread?
Don't want to imagine shout outs where there are none.

Reactions: 14
I just thought it was curious that nobody at LaLande dressed as a Regency servant. Upstairs is always more interesting with Downstairs. And the downstairs Regency servants would have been wearing Phrygian caps if you're going for real authenticity. As in the French Revolution. The women, Jeannette crosses, to honor St. Jean, on whose feast day they traditionally signed their work contracts.
I'm not here to argue with you or anybody else about BLM and their extremely effective work against police brutality.
What would you have worn to the Bridgerton Easter party ??

Reactions: 3
What would you have worn to the Bridgerton Easter party ??
Skirt made from modern American Indian or African wax resist fabric.
And one of these:
And you, comrade?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just watched Dan's new vlog and it was nice to watch him building something and then explaining his channels and how he does them. I really like him. I had to laugh out loud at his parting comment! LOL

• Heart
  • Haha
What the actual heck?!
Has MPK changed his genre?
Is he now running a travel channel ala Rick Steves?
I know we shouldn't be surprised. He's done practically everything from treasure hunting to painting; from chateau tours to how miserable his life is; some cooking and baking; from DIY renovation and dumping garbage to raising chickens and milking cows, etc.!
I guess he's trying to prove to his Grindr boys how versatile he is.

One afternoon, two parks, 21 days of editing, resulting in an 18:36-minute long vlog, of which, 85% b-rolls, 10% Wikipedia content, and his pimple for the rest of the time. He didn't even bother to inform or update his patrons! He just keeps pissing on them!
Congratulations MPK! You've achieved a new level of pathetic. :poop:

mpk4.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I just watched Dan's new vlog and it was nice to watch him building something and then explaining his channels and how he does them. I really like him. I had to laugh out loud at his parting comment! LOL
I like his style. his comment about seeing enough of him between his two channels and CD....was cute. But Dan...we appreciate a "real" person mixed in to all the either over blown egos or grifting....!!! The hair cut was on point too...nice work Annalisse!

Sad news from Chateau Croix De La Hônet, Peter and Anna are having to sell up. Because of Covid, all Peter's real consulting jobs have dried up and they can no longer keep the chateau. No patreon account or go-fund-me, never asked anyone for a penny. They are looking to buy a much smaller renovation project. I feel sorry for them as they're such a genuine couple. Weird but wonderful.
I just watched this. Was absolutely gutted. I like them so much! I hope their next adventure is rewarding and amazing!

I am always entertained by "How to renovate a chateau ". They have the best rhythm for creating easy to watch content. Just simple, easy, sometimes dorky, but not overly, interesting content. The taste level is A+ all around, especially after watching the Diaries.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes I think Philip & Anna read Tattle. If a nobody like Thundercloud Sara is reading; someone with a vlog is reading. Anna and Philip need to be very clear on who they are targetting as patreons as it will dictate the tone of their vlogs (ie english speaking, interests, possibley cultural background for certain sensibilities and taste). SJ has dominated the cra cra club. There is an opportunity to attract a more refined crowd (ie more discerning, non bullshit crowd, more actual small time home renovaters). Less gush and blush, more daily life, reality of chateau reno and living such a life. They need a clear marketing plan. Enough with this writing names on tiles, panels and shutters. Add a patreon page to your website and replicate on a small digital screen somewhere in your chateau where you acknowledge patreons by name on constant public display (eg a small ipad). Take 1-2 projects the shutters or facade would be good, and film it in detail - so you have a project series spliced in over several months, so the right viewers can engage with the work being done over a longer period and be educated on the work/time requirements/pressures. Educate people. SJ's crowd do not appreciate real reno, they appreciate colour, movement and dancing in the kitchen. I would love to see how unique the patreons and viewing audience is between SJ, Dan and Phil/Anna. Often it seems the later 2 are just drawing from SJ's pot. I don't think many patreons would support more than 2 accounts financially (of SJ's crowd). Nicki Positiano's vlog spiked to 100k when she showed shopping in a local grocer. Also I do think Anna needs some speech therapy. That 'crack' you hear in her voice can be resolved with breathing and muscle techniques.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes I think Philip & Anna read Tattle. If a nobody like Thundercloud Sara is reading; someone with a vlog is reading. Anna and Philip need to be very clear on who they are targetting as patreons as it will dictate the tone of their vlogs (ie english speaking, interests, possibley cultural background for certain sensibilities and taste). SJ has dominated the cra cra club. There is an opportunity to attract a more refined crowd (ie more discerning, non bullshit crowd, more actual small time home renovaters). Less gush and blush, more daily life, reality of chateau reno and living such a life. They need a clear marketing plan. Enough with this writing names on tiles, panels and shutters. Add a patreon page to your website and replicate on a small digital screen somewhere in your chateau where you acknowledge patreons by name on constant public display (eg a small ipad). Take 1-2 projects the shutters or facade would be good, and film it in detail - so you have a project series spliced in over several months, so the right viewers can engage with the work being done over a longer period and be educated on the work/time requirements/pressures. Educate people. SJ's crowd do not appreciate real reno, they appreciate colour, movement and dancing in the kitchen. I would love to see how unique the patreons and viewing audience is between SJ, Dan and Phil/Anna. Often it seems the later 2 are just drawing from SJ's pot. I don't think many patreons would support more than 2 accounts financially (of SJ's crowd). Nicki Positiano's vlog spiked to 100k when she showed shopping in a local grocer. Also I do think Anna needs some speech therapy. That 'crack' you hear in her voice can be resolved with breathing and muscle techniques.
A really good example of someone who has done an exceptional job of using Patreon is Christine McConnell. Of course, she is incredibly creative, but she is also very smart. Her videos are almost exclusively for patrons, which probably wouldn't work for most people. She made her name with a Netflix series but she went exclusively with Patreon because she could make more money and have complete creative control over content. That said, the few videos she has posted for the general audience on YT are very well done. She obviously takes a long time planning things out. She is methodical, calm (no hysterics, no mania) and very clear about what she is doing. She doesn't disclose how much she rakes in on Patreon, but I suspect it's quite a bit considering she has been able to buy a mansion in New York while still owning an incredible house in California, which is for sale if anyone is interested. Too many people seem to think they can just film themselves doing work, that just doesn't hold people's attention. You've got to give them entertainment and/or information/knowledge, preferably both. Not easy.

I do like watching their renovations but this video is "begging" from beginning to end!!!...They kept saying how their patrons were helping them renovate and Phillip kept saying they needed more money to do the façade and Anna said "as soon as we can afford it" to bring the carpenter back to put in built-in cabinets...it was just one long begging video...I like them but can't stand the begging!!!
I have to Fleurfend. I am totally fine with what they are doing. They seem like very nice people. If anyone should get money it’s them. They do tons of work themselves. She’s very talented and he is hilarious.

Reactions: 18
\
Yes I think Philip & Anna read Tattle. If a nobody like Thundercloud Sara is reading; someone with a vlog is reading. Anna and Philip need to be very clear on who they are targetting as patreons as it will dictate the tone of their vlogs (ie english speaking, interests, possibley cultural background for certain sensibilities and taste).
I didn't know that about Nikki Positano.
Yes, interaction with the locals -- the cheese guy up in the mountains, the neighbor pressing olive oil, even the evanescent brother in law gardening or Carlo wandering a market in Sorrento speaking Napolitan, his caring for the graveyard and constant house tinkering -- is part of what makes Nikki so interesting.
Happy to see Philipp encouraging on cam appearances by Benoit and Nathan. I'd love to see more interaction with local foodies as Norman food is so interesting -- apples, apple brandy, cream and butter and cheeeeeeeeeeese, seafood. Love to meet some cows and home dairy women. Orchards. Brandy barrels. All that. Also, Anna's wallpaper printing had me mesmerized.
Reading one of the top 10 recommended books about the French, how they bring up their children via really good universal day care from week one of an infant's life through four-course meals in pre-school, also French babies sleep through the night at two months old. They look like us but they're not like us. The little Fleury girls life as Anglo/Tyrolean/Frenchies, their lives in France with the French, would also be of great interest. (Still shocked the Strawbridge children are so fat and don't speak French.)
Conspicuously missing from CD.
And, reno is a huge interest for me. You can't bore me talking about how the moat is leaking into your cellar and how you're going to fix it. And the rising damp in the panelling in the great salon above. Philipp's digging out that drain in the hall was the coolest thing ever.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.