The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life of Ryan
Life of Ryan
19 hours ago
"Bah c'est dommage parce que... t'as pas le choix" 🤣🤣🤣 Your videos are absolutely BRILLIANT!

Hide reply
How To Renovate A Chateau
How To Renovate A Chateau

19 hours ago
That's a real compliment, coming from you, Ryan! You're a fab host and filmmaker! Hope to meet soon!

Ryan is looking for another place to crash...for sure..I if where them i would be very quiet...

When i look at teabag and the Fleuris...one thing comes to mind..they are both making a fool of Fanny Flash..teabag with the peacocks and putting Fannys intro under it..and mr Fleurie with his behavior towards voluntairs...It is like putting a needle on a sour place...very delicate..but very apparent..

Thanks for the heads up.
To make it perfectly clear, I don't ever blame children for how their parents raise them. I'm aware of Strawbridge's response a while back to comments about his son's weight, thought it was BS, and felt bad for the child. For all the reasons you bring up, as well as the issue at hand.
I think there is also a bit of genes involved..more reason to interfere with your childrens diet..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ryan is looking for another place to crash...for sure..I if where them i would be very quiet...

When i look at teabag and the Fleuris...one thing comes to mind..they are both making a fool of Fanny Flash..teabag with the peacocks and putting Fannys intro under it..and mr Fleurie with his behavior towards voluntairs...It is like putting a needle on a sour place...very delicate..but very apparent..

I think there is also a bit of genes involved..more reason to interfere with your childrens diet..

I seen maybe one of his youtube videos last year sometime, but wasn't interested in him for some reason.... can't recall what he was doing but I know half the video he was super close up to the camera. And it was just him in the whole thing, hence Life of Ryan???

Reactions: 2
It's a tough situation when comparing MPK with BJJ. MPK is about 10 years older than BJJ so he should have more experience doing something! I agree that MPK is much more talented in the arts and crafts department than BJJ. Still don't know what BJJ is good at, if anything. If I had to choose, and this is painful, I would choose MPK. At least he can cook and doesn't snort!
I always wonder why peoples true character comes to the surfice when you give them money....

I seen maybe one of his youtube videos last year sometime, but wasn't interested in him for some reason.... can't recall what he was doing but I know half the video he was super close up to the camera. And it was just him in the whole thing, hence Life of Ryan???
I dont watch his vlogs...he irritates me enormously...cannot explain but i cannot stand the look of him..

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Who was David? He's mentioned in the reviews as a good chef.
“Lovely evening meal with the Stephanie, her mum and partner. David the chef of the day cooked an excellent roast chicken meal with an egg custard to complete. Good wine and company.”

“Stephanie welcomed us and made us feel like old friends in her wonderful home. David cooked us a lovely dinner and the breakfast kept us going all day.”
He is in the early vlogs - pre march 2020
He's the one that left the sorghum flour that FRK made a baking disaster with
Here with another cook/cleaner Donna
he was introduced to her by a friend

1620068547032.png

He is in the early vlogs - pre march 2020
He's the one that left the sorghum flour that FRK made a baking disaster with
Here with another cook/cleaner Donna
he was introduced to her by a friend

View attachment 558019
I wondered if he was the same David FRK said she was staying with while the person she was living with in the UK was having Reno work done. David Young?

Reactions: 2
I thought David and Donna were married with kids. No?
I know David had children. I think he had a couple of daughters. Don't remember any wife. He was at the chateau quite a bit. He spent a lot of time riding his bike and exercising. Seemed half-way normal. Early days!

Peter and Annas explainvlog was very honest and true..I love that..just beeing true and honest..saying this season is also lost, repaires never stop..and basicly you dont have a life anymore..You want a nice life in a beautifull place..but all you do is fixing problems and renovating..They sure are righ to say covid is not nearly done..so i think they made a good dissision to sell and buy a smaller place..and start the good life..without grifing and begging..They have the true character..you cannot live of another peoples money..it is not right..and they also know it will dry up before you know it...free money never lasts..

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So now she's showcasing the entrance hall in all it's tacky glory. What really happened to keeping it a secret?

1620070844970.png

Is the couple watching together in bed?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Today's gift grab attire is a real mish-mash of styles. Steve is back into his most unflattering knit shirts. Phillipa is donned in a pink and blue ensemble complete with torn jeans at the knees. Nati dug out the white floaty dress from the discard pile and has accessorized it with a scarf wrapped around her head a la boho style. Selmar is impersonating Johnny Cash in an all black head to toe outfit. SJ is being ever so modest in a screaming yellow sweater, boho skirt and bright red lips. It seems a bit subdued today. Must have run out of drugs.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm sorry, I meant might you recommend a book you've found truly enlightening yourself, not the ones I've read?
You should try Raymond Depardon's books and documentaries. All about rural France. Wonderful work.
I think they have been translated in english.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The more I communicate with hosts for workaway, helpx, woofers the more I get the picture of the lifestyle of volunteers. Basically homeless people with drug, alcohol and hyper sexual issues. I made the decision to not do this for elder assistance. But the emails still trickle in. It does fit into to party pad going on. The constant turn over makes the behavior easier to handle from the host perspective. Also some are now complaining that they are having to pay the volunteers if the host makes money off their labor. There must be some kind of crack down on these sites. That could be why we see the asking for volunteers on videos
I've always been under the impression that workaways are 'unique snowflakes' who haven't come in terms with their mediocrity. People whose gap year have turned into a lifestyle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I've just been reading comments on D&A's children.

Whilst I can respect an opinion. I do personally feel it is one of the reasons children shouldn't be shown on Vlogs.
They can't defend themselves as an adult can to criticisms. I don't watch the Vlogs/series or whatever for this. This is where I feel social media/vlogs and reality programmes should draw the line. They need to be pretty robust personalities to be protected from comments however well meaning they are.

I won't say anymore, as it will lead to a rant.
Indeed...I personally find young Arthur absolutely adorable and precocious. Little sis will be a heart breaker soon enough.
Those comments were unnecessary. Had to say it...really bugged...carry on...

This is so sad. They're such genuine hard-working people and I admire their integrity. Loved when Anna said 'We feel that people who buy chateaux and large houses should pay for the renovations themselves. It's wrong to expect other people to pay for them'. 👏 👏 👏 Looking forward to seeing what they do next when they downsize.
They are winners...the way they look at one another, the way they speak to one another...true love is hard to find...and they are way ahead of the others...they have already won the game of life. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree with you - expect that I could never see the appeal of Trotter. I didn't enjoy his appearances n CD from the outset and would not subscribe to his or his cling-on's vlogs. I have always fast forwarded through the CD into until well clear of his smug, gurning chops.
I totally understand. I found him somewhat interesting at the beginning, he brought a different vibe to CD that was refreshing. I also was intrigued by the cottage renovation. I get he's not everyone's taste, compared to snorts-a-lot, I would take him anytime. But as I said, his days are running out fast, he's burning bridges faster than a retreating army.

Love Christine McConnell! Got my husband into her Netflix series. He loved it! Fraggle Rock & maybe at times Peewee Herman. So sad Netflix did not renew it!
I have watched a couple of her vlogs, I love what she did to her house in California! So tastefully renovated, excited to see what she does with the New York mansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I've always been under the impression that workaways are 'unique snowflakes' who haven't come in terms with their mediocrity. People whose gap year have turned into a lifestyle.
I was host to many workawayers, usually travelling families on a world trip with their kids homeschooling while travelling. I was not looking for a slave but for people who can teach my kids or me something fun. Sofar we had: birdwatching, karate, fancy cakes, coding, of course lots of language practice, woodwork (building a pergola), stargazing with a proper telescope, juggling, painting a mural
We once had a guy for 6 weeks who basically played ping-pong every afternoon for hours with my son who within those weeks became really really good!
It was more of an exchange since I taught them about local history and German and we cooked together.
I myself did all my workaways in Croatia babysitting since I don't have anybody in Germany to speak Croatian to and I don't want to forget it but can't justify spending 6 weeks per year there just on vacation while my husband works so at least I don't spend any money.

• Heart
So the Madrid vlog looked nice but my god was it BORING! I love Madrid but struggled through that.
Watch Spain Revealed on YT if you want to see interesting things about Madrid 😎
The blog was a bunch of (I admit) magnificent cinematic B-rolls with rude interruptions by MPK!
It would have been glorious if it were just b-rolls put together with great background music, and informative narration by Laurence Fishburn or Sir David Attenborough, and no Michael! ;) :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No Manor and Maker in the live chat today but their good friend Nancy ;) gave a shout out...

Nancy Snedden @chateauunwrapped ask Steve or his wife to make traditional Ontario butter tarts!

Nancy=Sara/Steve

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So now she's showcasing the entrance hall in all it's tacky glory. What really happened to keeping it a secret?

View attachment 558084
Is the couple watching together in bed?
The more they show these unwrapped videos, the more I notice the majority is just a bunch of junk you'd find at a thrift store in the US that no one would want. If she's paying taxes on these packages, it's probably costing more than the value of the items in the long run.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.