The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NE="Espe, post: 4826774, member: 160627"]
He looked so awful, too with his beanie and jeans. I can't stand those ripped jeans! Seeing them sitting next to each other, I really can't understand why a woman of her age would find him attractive.

She doesn't like him mentioning IJ. He started to talk about an occasion when IJ saw a video when they had put hot food on a piece of furniture and she telephoned to tell them off. SJ shut him up by changing the subject very quickly.

She went rather overboard on applying her lipstick for that gift grab!
[/QUOTE]
Narcs base attraction on supply. Basically what the person can do for them. They have to have narcacistic supply. Some will have a trophy partner and supply on the side. You can't think like a normal person to understand a narc.

Skankanee's makeup looked like the angry face on the puppet. Same shade lipstick.

At least someone sent her an entire dress.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
KaCHING! Me and a Way Forward spiritual group of old hippies I belong to talk about what COVID is doing for evolutionary consciousness and the economy all the time.
One of the things we talk about is international support for local projects like Stephanie's as the way forward.
People here have an interesting ongoing discussion on begging, but post-COVID capitalization is another way to look at it. I'm sure the YT chatelaines -- like all the other YT entrepreneurs and fascist demagogues -- will change as quickly as the virus morphs, to become more transparent and accountable to Patreons as this system develops. We're watching Petherick fail to do this in real time.
Here's the daddy of the recent wave of worker coops. It's all about decayed urban centers and rust belt regions here in the US -- as well as woefully underdeveloped rural areas as in France. The trick is to find a never-ending need that's not leaving the neighborhood any time soon. The Cleveland workers determined that was going to be hospital laundry. For rural areas, it's looking like sustainable broadband and Green New Deal infrastructure projects. Don't know what's up in France.
In France, the "social safety net" is very efficient. Even if it means more taxes for those who are in the workplace, everybody in France is (more or less) OK with this. That's for the short term.

For the long term, small towns (between less that 1000 inhabitants and 5000 inhabitants, approx) are getting organized in "communautés de communes" (communes means towns, municipalités) which have a common budget and then, can afford bigger projects all together. For example : a public swimming pool, a Health Centre ,a good broadband network, whatever they need).

Keep in mind that France is the country with 36000 communes : some very small (like Crozon-sur-Vauvres : 345 inhabitants) which can not survive on their own in our modern society.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's fortunate no one, so far, is allergic to dust.
Can you imagine how much of it there must be in all those ruched, swaggy curtains? If their general approach to cleaning is anything to go by, I can't imagine anyone has taken a vacuum cleaner to those. Ever.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I can't make out who Donna is, she's always there when David is, is she his partner or his employee?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: don't be daft & I doubt SSB paid them either.
Donna & David both lived at the Chateau (on & off ?? continuously ??)
they are not in a relationship with each other
they are not shown in a relationship in the vlogs with anyone
The child David is with in the Easter egg hunt vlog is Olivers.

Donna went on a workaway to Spain (?) to learn about eco building & permaculture at one point. Her father is a builder. She lives in Amsterdam and is very involved with a theatre group (job ?? voluntary ??). She also started a vegan cordon bleu cookery course at .. I thought Paris but can now only find a listing for London

David seems to come and go a lot. I wondered if he was a teacher to have the time to do this.

He may well be the 'David Young' FRK stayed with.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have no doubt as @FrenchGirl123 says France is full of well-restored chateaux owned and run by the French, giving back to their village and not just serf jobs. I need to look into that and find out what's happening.
Not to derail but...
I find Guédelon Castle an interesting case where they are building a medieval castle only using period techniques. It's open to the public.

He'll probably come up with a big old sob story to wring more money out of suckers.
Yep, a generous dash of guyliner, Princess Diana doe eyes and the €€€ will roll in.

What’s the point of a massive garden, multiple gardeners, greenhouse, etc if they never eat any of the food grown there?
I always wonder about this. Mini Apron did at least do good in the gardens. Now nobody seems to care about them at all really.

• Haha
MMMM.... Nutti in a colorful head scarf and BJJ refused to remove his hat when struggling to don the tree twig necklace??? I guess they can hope for hair regrowth after moving out. On another note, I'm grateful that we can't smell Lalande. :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Nic and Marie’s apartment bathroom renovation was substandard to say the least
All of the bathrooms look pretty cheap to me. I applaud SSB's decision not to partition rooms and to put the shower rooms in the thickness of the walls but the fittings look more youth hostel than chateau.

Chateau itself...each room, is carefully thought about
Yes, they consider one room in relation to another, so the flow works and the colour and fabric choices harmonise. I'm not a big fan of some of their furniture but at least by using it all over there is a cohesive look. SJ likes to bang on about her restoration of the enfilade but opium den chinoiserie to much-too-big jungly palm tree wallpaper to yellow paint (will it soon be 18th C panelling...?), all covered in garish swags and tails just hurts the eyes and lacks any design sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
We could run a competition and vote for the most tasteless gift, we could encourage SJ to have an Oscar-type winners' party and wear her yellow dress which would be a strong nominee, up there with the "condensation coasters" and many knitted items!
Trouble is we would have to watch it. Surely you're not that cruel! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
He's a prissy little SOB with an immature sense of humor. He thinks only hedgehogs and his bad puns are funny. He's very insecure and takes everything personally. He's got the emotional age of a 5 year old if even that.
And did not like having his little hands dirty ! He wasn’t amused with Stephanie's antics either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He looked so awful, too with his beanie and jeans. I can't stand those ripped jeans! Seeing them sitting next to each other, I really can't understand why a woman of her age would find him attractive.

She doesn't like him mentioning IJ. He started to talk about an occasion when IJ saw a video when they had put hot food on a piece of furniture and she telephoned to tell them off. SJ shut him up by changing the subject very quickly.

She went rather overboard on applying her lipstick for that gift grab!
His ripped jeans & beanie (I’m not a fan of) are more representative of his age.

Reactions: 9
I still can't believe someone sent toothpicks and common as muck spices (from a supermarket), opened during last week's CAC. I'm keeping track of the worst gift ever.
Exactly! Why on earth would you send ordinary spices found in any supermarket, and some plastic cocktail sticks? These people are insane.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I wonder how much of her reactions come from her childhood. Lotl has previously stated that Mummy never gave her birthday presents, as she had already given her one, the gift of life....my late mother grew up the the 30's/40's, and was made very aware that her twin brother was more important/better than her. She had very little in the way of 'girlie' things, and her most prized possession, a doll went missing, never to be found. She loved pretty feminine things, and was like a magpie in charity shops buying blingy tat.... does this sound familiar?
Not really. I've always understood she was spoiled rotten, even as a child, especially by her father...

Reactions: 16
Selmar looks like a giant next to mini aprons spoilt rotten offspring
I will think of him as Hagrid from now on 😂

1620131830128.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I always wonder about this. Mini Apron did at least do good in the gardens. Now nobody seems to care about them at all really.
This is yet another narrative that is invented specifically for the vlogs, to give her something to do. IJ is not a very good gardener at all, only basic knowledge and not much vision or feeling for what will work. She was very happy when my friends took over the garden work and in those years did absolutely nothing in the garden. Smoke and mirrors, even outside the HMN.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
All of the bathrooms look pretty cheap to me. I applaud SSB's decision not to partition rooms and to put the shower rooms in the thickness of the walls but the fittings look more youth hostel than chateau.
Most of the bathrooms have leaking fittings that were cheap indeed. No pressure, no hot water. And they're not cleaned properly. One would be lucky if one only finds old hair in the drains. An average youth hostel definitely scores better in this department.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.